Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314
Default I think JMM still gives Pacquiao a tough fight...

...maybe even beat him. General consensus seems to be that Pacquiao has outgrown Marquez, and would destroy him now, but I'm not so sure about that. Sometimes a guy just has another guy's number, and Marquez has Pac's, just like Norton had Ali's, and Tarver had Roy's.

Then again, the guy just can't stay off the canvas, so...
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
aztec1
UNDERDOG
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I think JMM still gives Pacquiao a tough fight...

Your spot on bro...
aztec1 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

No way man. Pac has shown that he can deal with counterpunchers with great timing. I mean he fought DLH in his prime, Clottey who has an awesome punch output, Cotto, Hatton who is #1 ATG and Margarito who is a better counter puncher than JMM!!!

Come on dudes. Pac has handpicked his opposition since JMM 2 and i cant knock him for that since he did face the great David Diaz for half the money he got offered for a 3rd fight with JMM.

Anyways as JMM said. Pac is a good fighter but his opposition has been handpicked since me.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

highly doubt it. I want to see a third fight though. I think Pac will show a much different gameplan then before and his improvements will really come to light.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #5
D50
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 525

Pacquiao was solved early in the first fight and lost too many rounds.

Second fight was closer (I had it 115-112 Pac) and most of the trouble in the fight for Pac was concentrated in a single round while a cut was bothering him. Pac was just beginning to develop his right hand here and the improvement was obvious. He deserved to win that fight.

Since the second fight Pac's right has been honed with KD power, and he's learned to lead with the left. Pac with more tools and at a more comfortable weight might still have some difficulty, but he trounces JMM.
D50 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #6
6uanaco
GUANACO DA KING
ESB Full Member

Idk if he will give him that tough of a fight, but it will be pretty tough. I think Pacquiao has gotten too fast and strong for Marquez. But it will still be good while it lasts.
6uanaco is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:22 AM   #7
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195

They'll fight in Texas and Pacquiao is going to come into this fight with more roids flowing through his veins than blood and knock Marquez the **** out cold.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:22 AM   #8
Kush
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Marquez better start training right now
Kush is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:22 AM   #9
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
No way man. Pac has shown that he can deal with counterpunchers with great timing. I mean he fought DLH in his prime, Clottey who has an awesome punch output, Cotto, Hatton who is #1 ATG and Margarito who is a better counter puncher than JMM!!!

Come on dudes. Pac has handpicked his opposition since JMM 2 and i cant knock him for that since he did face the great David Diaz for half the money he got offered for a 3rd fight with JMM.

Anyways as JMM said. Pac is a good fighter but his opposition has been handpicked since me.
Perhaps, if Marquez would drain Pacquiao again like in 130, he has a chance. But you'll never know, his butt loves the floor so much.
davebenoit is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:23 AM   #10
slantone
Ring General
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2204

pac has improved tremendousley since their second fight. since then - he went back to the lab- and developed his right, his jab, his footwork. and he s retained his speed and improved his power. i think pac has outgrown marquez- but theres only one way to know for sure- and i think juan has earned a 3rd fight with manny, more so than shane has , or even berto.

its a shame that we re already resigned to the fact- that the fight that we all want wont happen.
slantone is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #11
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post

Come on dude...Be reasonable.
If Pac hadn't knocked down your dude 3 times in 1 round he'd have a easy win over Pac. I like Marquez...At 37 he did a hell of a job tonight, and beleive he could give a lot of these younger guys a hell of a fight!
BUT Pac has outgrown him, PHYSICHALLY, and SKILLFULLY. Whenever Pac fought JMM he fought with 1 hand (his left hand), and was an all out brawler. SInce then he's added his other hand, uses angles, outboxes people, has even more power, has grown, etc.
Marquez (as great as he is) has declined a lot. He wouldn't fight Katsidis the way he did if he didn't decline. His reflexes aren't as good, his movement isn't as good, etc, and that's why he was willing to stand toe to toe.

If you want to see your fighter get beat up then fine, but face the fact he IS going to get beat up. Marquez is a 130 or 135 pd fighter. Pac making him come to 144 is rediculous....Even 140 is to much weight for Marquez, but might be a little better. Oh well, nobody else out there to really fight Pac, so guess I'm fine with the fight, but be real man...
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #12
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Marquez will likely get stopped on his feet after kissing the canvas and then complain about it after showing some opposition and feeling he could have continued. I think he won those two fights, but it would just be too much at this stage and he just can't stop hitting the canvas.

140 is not his weight , and 2011 is simply not his era for a fight of that caliber.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:26 AM   #13
Void is Void
Valeroweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtony80 View Post
...maybe even beat him. General consensus seems to be that Pacquiao has outgrown Marquez, and would destroy him now, but I'm not so sure about that. Sometimes a guy just has another guy's number, and Marquez has Pac's, just like Norton had Ali's, and Tarver had Roy's.

Then again, the guy just can't stay off the canvas, so...

Lay off your crack pipe when it comes to JMM vs MP 3.
Void is Void is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #14
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantone View Post
pac has improved tremendousley since their second fight. since then - he went back to the lab- and developed his right, his jab, his footwork. and he s retained his speed and improved his power. i think pac has outgrown marquez- but theres only one way to know for sure- and i think juan has earned a 3rd fight with manny, more so than shane has , or even berto.

its a shame that we re already resigned to the fact- that the fight that we all want wont happen.
He stil needs to win over a junior welter or welter before he gets a crack at Manny. Pacquiao will kill him at 140/147 at this point.
His win over left over Katsidis won't be enough to impress Manny.
davebenoit is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 12:29 AM   #15
Peppermint
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Marquez got his number at 130 or 135, but above 135 there are too many things that favor Pacquiao. Marquez showed vs. Floyd that he doesnt carry his speed up as well as Pac did. Pac is the bigger man now and the faster and harder hitter. Marquez may be more technically proficient, but Pacquiao is just too much at the higher weights. Plus I dont think it make sense for Pacquiao to go back to a past chapter in his career.
Peppermint is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum