Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
Liverpool_Boxin

vCash: 500
Question Kongo has more wins than anyother current UFC fighter, so why no title shot ever?

Hey guys i was just reading sherdog and i noticed someone said that Cheick Kongo has more wins than any other current UFC heavyweight fighter inside the octagon.. and i thought to myself wow if thats true then why has he never had a title shot? he has been in UFC since UFC 60 and we are now on UFC 139, thats a long time and i think it's only fair that he gets a title shot... he basically knocked Cain Velasquez out 2 times when they fought before and he took that fight on only 2 weeks notice.

Kongo vs Junior Dos Santos stand up war, i know you will all say Dos Santos would win easily, but i don't think so, i think it can be close, Kongo only has problems on the floor, he would like to box and kick with Dos Santos.

Kongo has paid his dues now inside the UFC, he has fought litreally everyone there is and has been in UFC longer than anyother current Heavyweight on the roster.

Thoughts guys?....
Liverpool_Boxin is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Liverpool_Boxin

Default Re: Kongo has more wins than anyother current UFC fighter, so why no title shot ever?

He has had 16 fights in the UFC, i think its only fair now, and most of them he has won. Him and Dos Santos are exactly the same size both are 6'4'' and 240, they both have good stand up but i think Kongo's ground and pound has come on alot. He never gasses.. he would have no problems with 5 rounds. I think it will be alot more competitive than most MMA fans think.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835
Default Re: Kongo has more wins than anyother current UFC fighter, so why no title shot ever?

Was one fight away I seem to remember before he got beat by Cain God knows how because his run before then was awful

Also look at his record its pretty shit for the amount of time he has been in the UFC,
LHL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

Re read that think I need Stoo in here to see if his Troll skills are needed.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
Liverpool_Boxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Was one fight away I seem to remember before he got beat by Cain God knows how because his run before then was awful

Also look at his record its pretty shit for the amount of time he has been in the UFC,
Hi yes thats true he was gonna get a title shot before but he stepped in at 2 weeks late notice to fight Cain because Heath Herring got injured, i really feel for Kongo because he did really well in that fight, people say he got dominated and all he did was drop Cain a few times.. but thats not true, Kongo actually took Cain down twice with takedowns in round 2!!.. and Cain is suppose to be a great wrestler.

Ok we know Brock vs Overeem is getting next shot at Dos Santos, but what about after that? I think Kongo should fight Big Country Roy Nelson next and if he wins that then its time for a title shot. thoughts?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

I was about to type something then I realised im wasting my time, Kongo has never done anything to warrant even being considered for an eliminator never mind a title shot. He should rematch Browne or a fight with Struve give these guys a test to see where they are at.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #7
dranon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool_Boxin View Post
Hey guys i was just reading sherdog and i noticed someone said that Cheick Kongo has more wins than any other current UFC heavyweight fighter inside the octagon.. and i thought to myself wow if thats true then why has he never had a title shot? he has been in UFC since UFC 60 and we are now on UFC 139, thats a long time and i think it's only fair that he gets a title shot... he basically knocked Cain Velasquez out 2 times when they fought before and he took that fight on only 2 weeks notice.

Kongo vs Junior Dos Santos stand up war, i know you will all say Dos Santos would win easily, but i don't think so, i think it can be close, Kongo only has problems on the floor, he would like to box and kick with Dos Santos.

Kongo has paid his dues now inside the UFC, he has fought litreally everyone there is and has been in UFC longer than anyother current Heavyweight on the roster.

Thoughts guys?....

Frank Mir killed Kongo standing then strangled him to sleep....What the hell do you this Dos Santos would do if Kongo stood in front of him like that? Mr. Kongo should win some meaningful fights first....how bout Roy Nelson? That seems a bit more his speed.
dranon is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

any time he steps up he loses.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #9
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachatu View Post
any time he steps up he loses.
^This Kongo is a gatekeeper. He can usually pull out he win against scrubs, but he always gets tooled by top level talent. He's got a good gig as a gatekeeper, and he'll probably be able to stick around the UFC in that capacity until he retires.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #10
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Log out
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #11
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
^This Kongo is a gatekeeper. He can usually pull out he win against scrubs, but he always gets tooled by top level talent. He's got a good gig as a gatekeeper, and he'll probably be able to stick around the UFC in that capacity until he retires.

No doubt he is having *** with lots of UFC groupies all to our dismay
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #12
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Because Kongo is actually boring as ****, is way past his prime (if he ever had one), and can't hang with the best in the division. It's that simple.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 03:34 AM   #13
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Kongo is like carwin insane punching power however never will be champion because anyone who has expertise in striking, wrestling or BJJ will always beat him
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #14
Liverpool_Boxin

Totally disagree with you guys, he has won more fights than Dos Santos and Cain in the UFC so i don't know what your baseing your thoughts on. He has never been stopped with punches before.. so Dos Santos better get this to the ground or Kongo will finally get the belt he has deserved for along time now.

you guys are not thinking about this, there isnt millions of contenders at Heavyweight, there are very few and Kongo deserves a shot now. His straight right is far better than Dos Santos, his kicks are better than Dos Santos, his ground and pound is better than Dos Santos, all Dos Santos has over Kongo is a uppercut.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #15
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He's only 3-2-1 in his last six fights.

Going into Saturday, JDS had won his last six fights.

So had Cain Velasquez.

Overeem has also won his last six fights.

Lesnar is 5-2 in his last six fights.
Will Cooling is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum