Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 AM   #16
Liverpool_Boxin

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kongo has more wins than anyother current UFC fighter, so why no title shot ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
He's only 3-2-1 in his last six fights.

Going into Saturday, JDS had won his last six fights.

So had Cain Velasquez.

Overeem has also won his last six fights.

Lesnar is 5-2 in his last six fights.
Yes thats true, but Kongo had few 3 fight winning streaks before that in UFC and still never got a title shot, i don't think UFC want him to be their champion for whatever reason. could be a race issue, not sure though. But i can't think of anyother UFC fighter in any weight class who has 11 wins inside the UFC and never fought for the title?? maybe there is but can't think of them.
Liverpool_Boxin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 AM   #17
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Kongo has more wins than anyother current UFC fighter, so why no title shot ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool_Boxin View Post
Yes thats true, but Kongo had few 3 fight winning streaks before that in UFC and still never got a title shot, i don't think UFC want him to be their champion for whatever reason. could be a race issue, not sure though. But i can't think of anyother UFC fighter in any weight class who has 11 wins inside the UFC and never fought for the title?? maybe there is but can't think of them.
Yes. Because the UFC is so obviously against black champion . It was why they've done they never allowed Anderson Silva or Jon Jones to be champion this year. Christ's sake.

You don't usually get title fights based on three fight winning streaks. Look at how many wins in the UFC Velasquez (7) or Dos Santos (8 had before they got a shot. Sure they're are exceptions but those exceptions are usually based on being very marketable, looking awesome or having entertaining fights. None of which are really true of Kongo. Its also worth pointing out that Kongo's three victories were over in his solitary three-fight win streak were Hardonk, Al-Turk and Dan Evensen. Hardly top of the card material.

To me he's a good gatekeeper who's amassed a solid number of wins due to being in the UFC for such a prolonged period but lacks the big victory to put him over top. He'd make sense as an opponent for Mir or Velasquez in a eliminator for the title shot after Overeem/Lesnar but anything more than that is silly.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #18
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
He's only 3-2-1 in his last six fights.

Going into Saturday, JDS had won his last six fights.

So had Cain Velasquez.

Overeem has also won his last six fights.

Lesnar is 5-2 in his last six fights.
Lesnar has had 7 fights in his last 6 fights?
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #19
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Hey guys i was just reading sherdog and i noticed someone said that Cheick Kongo has more wins than any other current UFC heavyweight fighter inside the octagon.. and i thought to myself wow if thats true then why has he never had a title shot? he has been in UFC since UFC 60 and we are now on UFC 139, thats a long time and i think it's only fair that he gets a title shot... he basically knocked Cain Velasquez out 2 times when they fought before and he took that fight on only 2 weeks notice.

Kongo vs Junior Dos Santos stand up war, i know you will all say Dos Santos would win easily, but i don't think so, i think it can be close, Kongo only has problems on the floor, he would like to box and kick with Dos Santos.

Kongo has paid his dues now inside the UFC, he has fought litreally everyone there is and has been in UFC longer than anyother current Heavyweight on the roster.

Thoughts guys?....
Kongo isn't good enough for a title shot and doesn't deserve one. End of story as I see it.

How exactly could Kongo be given a title shot ahead of Frank Mir when Mir ****ing owned him??
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #20
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Lesnar has had 7 fights in his last 6 fights?
Good spot. 4-2
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #21
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Plus he has zero charisma and zero fanbase. I want to see him fight Carwin to see him get his head squashed in, and i know im not the only one
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #22
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

Quote:
Totally disagree with you guys, he has won more fights than Dos Santos and Cain in the UFC so i don't know what your baseing your thoughts on. He has never been stopped with punches before.. so Dos Santos better get this to the ground or Kongo will finally get the belt he has deserved for along time now.

you guys are not thinking about this, there isnt millions of contenders at Heavyweight, there are very few and Kongo deserves a shot now. His straight right is far better than Dos Santos, his kicks are better than Dos Santos, his ground and pound is better than Dos Santos, all Dos Santos has over Kongo is a uppercut.
I think you are trolling but Ill roll with it.

It also depends on who he beats. again, every time he has stepped up for a spot to be a top contender he loses. he's a gatekeeper and good at what he does; filtering out the really bad ones from the bad ones.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #23
Liverpool_Boxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Plus he has zero charisma and zero fanbase. I want to see him fight Carwin to see him get his head squashed in, and i know im not the only one
Kongo would beat Carwin, he is much faster and has much better cardio and much better striking technique. look how many titles Kongo won in kickboxing.

If Kongo was American he would have got a title shot in 2007, thoughts?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #24
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Boring troll is boring already
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #25
Liverpool_Boxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Boring troll is boring already
how the fuk am i trolling you sheep shagging nobhead.

Kongo won much more fights than ya boy Cigano
Old 11-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #26
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #27
Liverpool_Boxin

so much racism against Africans on this forum, its out of control. shocking. wish you all would just come out and say we don't like Kongo because of what he looks like rather than try to find a way to discredit his fights.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #28
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
so much racism against Africans on this forum, its out of control. shocking. wish you all would just come out and say we don't like Kongo because of what he looks like rather than try to find a way to discredit his fights.
As you wish

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #29
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
Kongo is like carwin insane punching power however never will be champion because anyone who has expertise in striking, wrestling or BJJ will always beat him
What?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #30
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
WTF are you talking about?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum