Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
ZombieProphet
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Default Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]




[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ZombieProphet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

worth watching for sure
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!



Chael is such a dick, but that ugly guy is a *****! He was so passive-aggressive, and he took catty jabs at him like a little bitch. He started the interview all wrong, with a confusing yet confrontational accusation. His tone of voice was all wrong, he irked Chael right away, and then he got straight bullied.

Cheal had fair grounds to be annoyed, because it was a free interview, he was giving up his spare time, and the guy did start things by asking idiot questions in an aggressive tone. But then they got into a little showdown of dickishness, and Chael alpha-ed the shit out of him and pretty much made him cry towards the end of the interview.


Last edited by Haggis McJackass; 11-16-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 277
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

The interviewer was a complete ass.
196osh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

so this is chaels new gimmick? deflect perfectly legitimate questions with rudeness, confusion and misinformation.. **** i hate this ****head.. the sooner he gets triangled again and kicked out of the ufc the better..
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #7
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Da Bafroom brah!
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 75
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

? So Chael backed down, didn't answer questions and the interviewer was the bitch?

Damn Big Brother telling you tails is heads Haggis. Part of being a good interviewer is calling people out, he seemed to do that, and who walked off like a little bitch?
Koa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #8
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
? So Chael backed down, didn't answer questions and the interviewer was the bitch?

Damn Big Brother telling you tails is heads Haggis. Part of being a good interviewer is calling people out, he seemed to do that, and who walked off like a little bitch?
First five words of my post - "Chael is such a dick."

Part of being a good interviewer is calling people out, sure. But you don't start off an interview by mangling an accusatory question in a hostile tone. Especially not when the guy is donating his time for free. What's wrong with just saying "Chael, welcome and thanks for taking the time to appear on the show. Only one thing really to talk about, isn't there? Will you truly retire from the UFC if Anderson stops you again, or are these just words to get another title shot against a champion who already turned you away?"

Instead the guy is belligerent and confrontational from the start, and he can't phrase a question to save his life. Then as soon as Chael gets mad at him, the guy's tone of voice and body language change completely, and he turns into a bitch.

What did this guy do? Tries to accuse Sonnen of backing down from challenging Silva (ridiculous), stumbles over his words, and generally comes off like a bumbling idiot. That could have been a good argument because Chael gave him PLENTY to work with, but the guy just didn't have the skills, the wit or the gravitas to put Chael in his place.

.
Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inside the bubble ;)
Posts: 6,514
vCash: 75
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
? So Chael backed down, didn't answer questions and the interviewer was the bitch?

Damn Big Brother telling you tails is heads Haggis. Part of being a good interviewer is calling people out, he seemed to do that, and who walked off like a little bitch?
Well Haggis' opening statement was 'Chael is such a dick'.

The interviewer was TERRIBLE. It seemed to me that the way the interview went and how it ended was exactly how he wanted it. He looked like he was enjoying the whole thing.

EDIT: Just saw Haggis' response
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:24 AM   #10
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

this was ****ing hilarious. AMAZING how chael keeps himself relevant.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #11
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
this was ****ing hilarious. AMAZING how chael keeps himself relevant.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:10 AM   #12
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
??????????
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:19 AM   #13
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Da Bafroom brah!
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 75
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
First five words of my post - "Chael is such a dick."

Part of being a good interviewer is calling people out, sure. But you don't start off an interview by mangling an accusatory question in a hostile tone. Especially not when the guy is donating his time for free. What's wrong with just saying "Chael, welcome and thanks for taking the time to appear on the show. Only one thing really to talk about, isn't there? Will you truly retire from the UFC if Anderson stops you again, or are these just words to get another title shot against a champion who already turned you away?"

Instead the guy is belligerent and confrontational from the start, and he can't phrase a question to save his life. Then as soon as Chael gets mad at him, the guy's tone of voice and body language change completely, and he turns into a bitch.

What did this guy do? Tries to accuse Sonnen of backing down from challenging Silva (ridiculous), stumbles over his words, and generally comes off like a bumbling idiot. That could have been a good argument because Chael gave him PLENTY to work with, but the guy just didn't have the skills, the wit or the gravitas to put Chael in his place.

.
While the interviewers demeanor was pretty bitchy, he's just some dude in a suit. The thing is the questions were very relevant, those are actually the sort of questions I want to hear answered, but guys like Helwani let him get off the hook, or just laugh along with Chael and play into his little game of bait and switch or blatant denial.

So far people have played nice and passive, neutral like Helwani. People have been friendly and encouraging like Staka who also simply let him spew bullshit without calling him on it. And now this tool from Canada, who at least had the balls to ask the questions people want answered.

Yeah much to be desired about that interview, but the questions were the right ones/ ones people havent asked yet. The interview style was confrontational which is also new.
Koa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:56 AM   #14
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,171
vCash: 100
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

Oh what a shock, it's Michael Landsberg. That guy is a ****ing douchebag anyway. He can interview anyone on the planet and still be a complete no-humour asshole.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:55 AM   #15
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 75
Default Re: Video: Worlds Most Confrontational Chael Sonnen Interview Ever!

The interviewer was a real noob........ he had the nerve right at the end to have a shot at his abs....wtf , that guy is a ****'n wimp
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013