Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,401
vCash: 1000
Default Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

I'll start with two comments before I get down to trying to score these rounds accurately:


1 - Seriously, how can any real boxing fan say this wasn't a close fight???

2 - This fight really does underline how insanely difficult to score boxing is compared to other sports. There were a few rounds in there which mean I really cannot have a strong conviction over the verdict. In a three-minute round where both guys throw and land a similar amount of punches, sometimes it really does feel arbitrary just picking out one factor/moment in order to call the round. I don't understand how anyone can be so decisive over some fights when there are rounds like these.


Anyway, here goes, a tentative scorecard because some rounds were extremely, extremely close and highly open to interpretation (until the scoring system or the form of a boxing match changes, this will continue to happen):

ONE: Pacquiao 10-9 Marquez / Pac lands better punches, couple of good straight shots / CLOSE

TWO: Pacquiao 9-10 Marquez / CLOSE

THREE: Pacquiao 10-9 Marquez / Pac lands better shots down the stretch / CLOSE

FOUR: 10-10 / Pac is edging round until JMM lands good shots near end

FIVE: Pacquiao 9-10 Marquez / CLEAR (clearest round of the fight)

SIX: Pacquiao 10-9 Marquez / Pac outworks him / CLOSE

SEVEN: Pacquiao 9-10 Marquez / Pac lands a couple of quality shots near end, but overall a Marquez round / CLEAR

EIGHT: Pacquiao 9-10 Marquez / Edged by JMM landing the cleaner shots / CLOSE

NINE: Pacquiao 10-9 Marquez / Very tricky to score. JMM lands good combos, Pac outworks him, lands good shots near end / CLOSE

TEN: 10-10 / Very difficult to score

ELEVEN: 10-10 / JMM lands 2 best shots of the round, but Pac does more work. Round could be scored any way and it wouldn't be wrong / CLOSE

TWELVE: Pacquiao 10-9 Marquez / Another killer to score, but Pac is the only one who lands a decisive, significant punch to punctuate the fight / CLOSE


Number of close rounds: TEN out of TWELVE

Number of clear rounds: TWO out of TWELVE (5 ,7 - both to Marquez)


Final score: Pacquiao 115-115 Marquez



Some Further Comments


- The fact that Marquez won the two clearest rounds of the fight (5, 7) is one of the several key reasons why many were shouting "robbery" in the immediate aftermath

- One thing I noticed was that Marquez's punches were more eye-catching because when Pac landed he landed straight punches which were thrown from quite far back and so didn't land with full power, whereas Marquez landed shots he turned his body into and therefore looked more effective, but it was Pacquiao who landed more in more rounds I think

- The last 3 rounds could probably all have been scored either way, which is why I think people with extremely strong convictions over who won is silly. I've seen people saying Marquez was robbed and I've seen people saying Marquez cannot have won the fight - both are very wrong IMO




Final Note


My card for the 1st fight was 115-112 Pacquiao

My card for the 2nd fight was 114-114

My card for the 3rd fight was 115-115

Therefore, after 36 rounds I have a majority draw, of sorts.

Do I want to see a fourth fight?

Hell Yes is the answer!


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Have just realized that my card adds up to 116-115 Pacquiao, rather than 115-115. **** it, I changed and re-changed the last rounds a few times after re-watches and still didn't have a strong conviction over rounds 9-12. I either scored it 115-115 or 116-115 Pac. Will revise this tomorrow when I have time.
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 835
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

they are hard fights to score because they have such spirited exchanges and both guys want to get the last punch

Marquez is great because he always fires back when hit and tries to be last in the exchange judges i imagine like the guy who gets off last it would seem like they got the better of an exchange

they fight such nip tuck battles

i mean in 2 after round 8 they landed the same amount of shots
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
EnterTheDragon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Often times Marquez looks like he lands the cleaner punches because whenever he makes contact, Pac's hair goes whipping around. His punches also look more devastating because Pac's off balance so much. You catch a guy off balance and it's always gonna look like he was stunned.
EnterTheDragon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Brauer
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 601
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterTheDragon View Post
Often times Marquez looks like he lands the cleaner punches because whenever he makes contact, Pac's hair goes whipping around. His punches also look more devastating because Pac's off balance so much. You catch a guy off balance and it's always gonna look like he was stunned.
Hair excuse again pactards are halarious
Brauer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

i have to disagree with your scoring but at least you are explaining your argument.
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
EnterTheDragon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauer View Post
Hair excuse again pactards are halarious

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Watch Malignaggi with dreadlocks vs. Malignaggi w/ short hair. Tell me which punches have more visual flair.

EnterTheDragon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
Chris85
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Jmm's punch were easier to see, pac's were less obvious. Noobs couldnt see the less obvious ones.

Even the one that appear to hit pac were infact blocked.
Chris85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #9
Chris85
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterTheDragon View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Watch Malignaggi with dreadlocks vs. Malignaggi w/ short hair. Tell me which punches have more visual flair.

Pisstards et all like to watch batman fight, always full of sounds and visuals effect.
Chris85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,642
vCash: 488
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Jmm's punch were easier to see, pac's were less obvious. Noobs couldnt see the less obvious ones.

Even the one that appear to hit pac were infact blocked.
Yeah it was all an optical illusion
Arcane is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #11
Chris85
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Yeah it was all an optical illusion
Too bad the end results doesnt agree with you
Chris85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LosAngeles
Posts: 12,336
vCash: 75
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Have just realized that my card adds up to 116-115 Pacquiao, rather than 115-115. **** it, I changed and re-changed the last rounds a few times after re-watches and still didn't have a strong conviction over rounds 9-12. I either scored it 115-115 or 116-115 Pac. Will revise this tomorrow when I have time.
LOL at this goon going through the whole fight picking out the closest rounds and trying to somehow make sense to not have Pacquiao losing.


What the **** are you doing, sifting through every round and trying to decide which round Marquez did'nt win as strongly so that you can somehow make a case for Pacquiao.

Thats not how you do it you biased fowl smelling Pactard.
You score the ****ing fight from round 1 and you do it in sequence round by round.

"I cant ****ing score round X for Pacquiao, so I'm going to sift through and rewatch a few rounds until I get a ****ing result that fits my agenda."

You're pathetic you piece of Caca!













I'm sorry, but this clown really upsets me. The guy actually knows something about the sport and regularly posts in the Classic section, but his raging hard on for Manny Pacquiao is so that he cant ****ing be impartial about the scoring of this fight and in this scenario he's giving us in this thread, is'nt even trying to hide the fact he's a Pactard with full blown irreversable "Pactadism."


You're not even trying to lie to yourself Popkins, you're Pactardism is so that you're exhibiting the symptoms of a sick boxing fan in denial.

Last edited by divac; 11-17-2011 at 07:26 PM.
divac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
Grillinnap
Flomos are morons
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Golden State
Posts: 3,152
vCash: 18446744073709551554
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Might as well have it 120-120.
Grillinnap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #14
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
LOL at this goon going through the whole fight picking out the closest rounds and trying to somehow make sense to not have Pacquiao losing.


What the **** are you doing, sifting through every round and trying to decide which round Marquez did'nt win as strongly so that you can somehow make a case for Pacquiao.

Thats not how you do it you biased fowl smelling Pactard.
You score the ****ing fight from round 1 and you did it in sequence round by round.

"I cant ****ing score round X for Pacquiao, so I'm going to sift through and rewatch a few rounds until I get a ****ing result that fits my agenda."

You're pathetic you piece of Caca!













I'm sorry, but this clown really upsets me. The guy actually knows something about the sport and regularly posts in the Classic section, but his raging hard on for Manny Pacquiao is so that he cant ****ing be impartial about the scoring of this fight and in this scenario he's giving us in this thread, is'nt even trying to hide the fact he's a Pactard with full blown irreversable "Pactadism."


You're not even trying to lie to yourself Popkins, you're Pactardism is so that you're exhibiting the symptoms of a sick boxing fan in denial.
I hope you die of arse cancer you pathetic stinktard. Roast in hell, piss-ant.
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #15
unloco
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: --------------
Posts: 3,024
vCash: 81
Default Re: My Pac-Marquez III Scorecard & A Few Comments

Dude pac lost , get over it
unloco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013