Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877
Default Why do people hate Floyd so much?

I noticed that there is a lot of hate directed towards Floyd on this forum. Mostly dumb uneducated remarks like calling him "Gayweather", a coward and such.

But there is also some really intense hate. Some people actually act like he did something horrible to them. They dont hate his abilities, or dislike him as a fighter- they hate him as a person. I dont understand that. No one here knows him personally. We all just see him on TV, in videos and read his words in interviews. Is that really him? He may be a loudmouth and seem like a unpleasant person, but does that constitute such hatred toward him? Ali was a loudmouth- and people hated him too back in the day. But now most see it was a publicity stunt.

Floyd grew up poor in a ****ed up family with his mother being a heroin addict, father a drug dealer, relatives dying from drug abuse. He went through some ****ed up shit in his life.

Despite all this he prevailed and became a great fighter. He faced many adversities during his career. He was robbed in a horrible way at the olympics when fighting the bulgarian guy who's name I cant recall.

So is it something bad that he made it? That he is rich and likes money? He grew up in a ****ed up environment- cant he enjoy his life now? He got all he has with his own hard work.

And can you really hate Floyd as a fighter? He has great talent and abilities. He is also entertaining to watch. People who understand and know boxing will always appreciate the abilities he brings to the ring.

My main point and question is, how can you hate Floyd so much? If you don't like him, why wont you give him respect for his abilities?
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

the hate court is not on floyd right now
jan_fan is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Because he has no skills. None.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
LancsTerrible
Different Forms of Game.
ESB Addict

vCash: 2238

Because he has no skills. None.
LancsTerrible is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Because they're faggots, clearly that's the only reason not to like Floyd.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

because he's a ducker and scared to fight resonable opposition like Pacquiao or Martinez
Escopeta is online now  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
dirty boy
Journeyman

It's like anyone, they're a product of a) their parents b) their environment.

It would be wrong of me to propose reasons why people have a dislike of his personality, i'd guess some of it is because a great deal of boxing fans may be living on the breadline, 'Money Mayweather' doesn't hit the spot there does it?

Personally, I don't care, he's a character, you need the good guy and the bad guy in any fight, essentially what boxing is right? And his character does sell the fight, at the end of the day, it's still a job, and his job is not only to win, but also generate as much money as possible doing so.

Can't blame him for that. I doubt he could have played the good boy, imagine Hugh Grant playing Scarface instead of Pacino, wouldn't have worked would it?

As for his abilities.

Any boxing fan, and I mean any, knows how good he is, I don't really think there can be any doubt about that, and certainly, those abilities should be respected.
dirty boy is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #8
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Same goes for Pac, Bute, Khan, Klitschko's. Floyd isn't the only one who has haters.
Cafe is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
Same goes for Pac, Bute, Khan, Klitschko's. Floyd isn't the only one who has haters.

and a lot of pac haters are floyd fans at that. i can say vice versa as well. hating is really getting old and tiring though. a lot of trolls going overboard.
Leonard is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

Not an easily likeable character, he isn't particularly pleasant in some interviews, or humble, the fact he even calls himself Money Mayweather, and The Money team etc, it's all cringe, I don't like that sad, negative hip-hop culture being involved with boxing.

He may be a very nice guy but the majority of the time he doesn't present himself that way.

However he is my fav boxer

Manny Pacquiao on the other hand, is a very humble, transparent guy....he's always smiling, he seems like someone you could just walk up to and talk to in the street, it's pretty difficult to hate him, and the only reason people do, is because they become so irritated by his thicko troll fanboys that they start to dislike the man himself.

As for Mayweather I do sometimes feel for him when he speaks, he has this kind of.....scared attitude, he isn't, he's just always had it for as long as I can remember, he stumbles over words, generally looks like a deer in the headlights etc..
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #11
TerryI

He's a very skilled boxer, one of the best ever, no question about. That I admire. His character I don't. Still, there is no hate here. I don't understand the name-calling that goes on. If you don't like him, fine, but don't hate him and use derogatory words.
TerryI is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #12
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

That's the nature of the web though, it's forum syndrome.

A lot of people do it just to wind-up and troll too.

Shit I made a thread just mentioning lewis-Vitali and it must have gone 15 pages
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #13
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Floyd imo acts like a cunt, me personally, I don't like that. Do I hate him? ... No.

I also dislike the fact as a Boxing Fan I didn't get to see fights like Mayweather V Williams, Mayweather V Margarito, Mayweather V Cotto, Mayweather V Pacquiao, Mayweather V Martinez etc etc .......... co-incidental?

Some of his outbursts are ridiculous and racist too.
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

i dont know why he garners so much hate

then again ppl love to root against great athletes who happen to be ****y and make lots of money

he also has a guy opposite of him who was not gifted but worked hard like Manny to get where he is without the physical gifts Floyd has

Manny is also more reserved

I think race has a bit to do with it too, now i dont like playing the race card but im american and i know the white community doesnt like a flamboyant out spoken black who makes more than them
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #15
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

because hes ****y. pac is mellow
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum