Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #16
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,138
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
i dont know why he garners so much hate

then again ppl love to root against great athletes who happen to be ****y and make lots of money

he also has a guy opposite of him who was not gifted but worked hard like Manny to get where he is without the physical gifts Floyd has

Manny is also more reserved

I think race has a bit to do with it too, now i dont like playing the race card but im american and i know the white community doesnt like a flamboyant out spoken black who makes more than them
^
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #17
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
Posts: 9,592
vCash: 85
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspicacity View Post
Floyd imo acts like a cunt, me personally, I don't like that. Do I hate him? ... No.

I also dislike the fact as a Boxing Fan I didn't get to see fights like Mayweather V Williams, Mayweather V Margarito, Mayweather V Cotto, Mayweather V Pacquiao, Mayweather V Martinez etc etc .......... co-incidental?

Some of his outbursts are ridiculous and racist too.
I feel the same. I also laugh at comments like "He would've destroyed Williams, Cotto, & Margartio". He could've destroyed Cotto but the fact is he fought none of the above. He has all that damn talent and he doesn't seem eager to use it on the best fighters he can fight in his time, that's what irritates me most about him as a boxing fan.
techks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #18
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,619
vCash: 101
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

floyd is not doing enough to separate his real self from his media persona. on the contrary, his actions outside of the ring are being viewed as an aid to his inring personality.

you are asking people to view his real personality as different than his public one, yet he is not showing the difference.

dont blame the people/masses, blame floyd and his handlers.

however you cant discount that there are real people jealous of his success no matter what . just like thre are supporters who would do the opposite.

thats just life. at the highest level, his life is viewed in a microscope.
sunnn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #19
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PED MESS PART 1
Posts: 3,191
vCash: 1437
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

This was a bit too wacko-jacko for me:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZrg4AkslZE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZrg4AkslZE[/ame]

Edit: watched it again. He's either crazy or eccentric madman.
Overhill is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #20
Hecdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

It's his own fault. How can anyone like that punk! I know plenty of people that grew up worse than he did, and they are class one people. Unlike Mayweather that flaunts his $$$, burns his $$$ sucker punches fighters, humiliates his father on National TV, Rants racial slurs about Pacquiao and others, holds his kids hostage, egotistical, has the audacity to thank GOD when he lives and acts the total opposite of what GOD wants, takes the perfect opportunity to pay Joe Fraziers funeral bill to just make himself look good, and tells all the media about it, avoided all the tough challenges in his career, Coto, Margarito, Kostyzu, lies to the courts, and so on and so on. He has no character. He is all about his $$$, which has corrupted him to no ends. He was given the ability by God, and he destroys it, and can't even have kids look up to him because of how he acts. He disrespected poor Larry merchant on National TV. Picking on an old man that has years of history in boxing. Who cares about his boxing skills, he is a waste of life doing what he does and acts like. He mocks God, and you never mock God like he does using his name for everything yet being a hypocrite. He created the image, and that image has ruined him and his life. I have more respect for his uncle Roger Mayweather and his father. Roger would have whooped his ass had they ever fought. The Black Mamba was a bad man! And you could respect him. Floyd Mayweather is a punk that needs to go away so evryone can forget his sorry ass./

Last edited by Hecdog; 11-18-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: mispelling
Hecdog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #21
Hecdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Unhappy Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhill View Post
This was a bit too wacko-jacko for me:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Edit: watched it again. He's either crazy or eccentric madman.
What a Mental head case. He is a lonely, lonely guy.
Hecdog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #22
Illstate
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 289
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

Because he has no Neanderthal genes
Illstate is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #23
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 29,684
vCash: 3571
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JPPFUUsmfc[/ame]
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #24
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,388
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njzl_dbN-TI&feature=channel_video_title[/ame] Enjoy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zflvuOgtpdg&feature=relmfu[/ame] Enjoy
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #25
smoovemann
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

because they arent real boxing fans, and some of them are just racist and hate to see a black man with money.
smoovemann is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #26
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: אין אַ הייל
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 1877
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecdog View Post
It's his own fault. How can anyone like that punk! I know plenty of people that grew up worse than he did, and they are class one people. Unlike Mayweather that flaunts his $$$, burns his $$$ sucker punches fighters, humiliates his father on National TV, Rants racial slurs about Pacquiao and others, holds his kids hostage, egotistical, has the audacity to thank GOD when he lives and acts the total opposite of what GOD wants, takes the perfect opportunity to pay Joe Fraziers funeral bill to just make himself look good, and tells all the media about it, avoided all the tough challenges in his career, Coto, Margarito, Kostyzu, lies to the courts, and so on and so on. He has no character. He is all about his $$$, which has corrupted him to no ends. He was given the ability by God, and he destroys it, and can't even have kids look up to him because of how he acts. He disrespected poor Larry merchant on National TV. Picking on an old man that has years of history in boxing. Who cares about his boxing skills, he is a waste of life doing what he does and acts like. He mocks God, and you never mock God like he does using his name for everything yet being a hypocrite. He created the image, and that image has ruined him and his life. I have more respect for his uncle Roger Mayweather and his father. Roger would have whooped his ass had they ever fought. The Black Mamba was a bad man! And you could respect him. Floyd Mayweather is a punk that needs to go away so evryone can forget his sorry ass./
That's a bit extreme don't you think? Although I understand your point of view. I really do.
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #27
leone25
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

Because he's a *****
leone25 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #28
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 1276
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

The answer is his attitude, obviously. People seem him as overly brash and ****y. Combine that with his wealth and unbeaten record and it's obviously people want to see him lose and lose badly just to "take him down a peg or two", as they say. I'm not particularly fond of him as a person either, although he has mellowed a bit in recent years, he's a funny mofo now, but either way I do respect his outrageous boxing ability and very much enjoy watching him fight.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #29
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: אין אַ הייל
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 1877
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovemann View Post
because they arent real boxing fans, and some of them are just racist and hate to see a black man with money.
Eh. I could see that people might get annoyed with his constant money this money that rambling. I think anyone of any race who would do that would get some negative comments about him. However it is true that americans and most other people have some kind of odd dislike for a smart black man with money.
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #30
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29,796
vCash: 372
Default Re: Why do people hate Floyd so much?

There aren't enough taxi drivers to admit the hate all started because of the almighty Margarito. The wave of hate by Mexican fans in particular started back when Margarito's biggest win was Andrew "Six Heads Zero Chins" Lewis, all claimed Margarito was the most feared man on earth and actually believed it. Hell these retards would even say that a fight with Margarito was better and bigger than a fight with DLH. The hate kicked off from there.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013