Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
ant
Ride The Walrus
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Criticizing Marquez for boxing

People have criticised marquez for boxing rather than making it a war.....so are fighters now punished for using skill and technique in fights? yes i do love to watch a good war in the ring but a technical fight with lots of punches thrown i also find very enjoyable
ant is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233
Default Re: iv noticed alot in this forum

I was going to make a thread similar to this. Notice it's only the most extreme pactards saying that. They know that Pac's only chance of beating Juan is by turning it into a war, and Marquez kept the fight off the ropes and didn't leave himself too vulnerable in the fight.

Marquez didn't win the first 2 fights on the scorecards because of the knockdowns, and this Pacquiao is stronger than ever. It's obvious that he'd be more careful this time around
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
ant
Ride The Walrus
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I was going to make a thread similar to this. Notice it's only the most extreme pactards saying that. They know that Pac's only chance of beating Juan is by turning it into a war, and Marquez kept the fight off the ropes and didn't leave himself too vulnerable in the fight.

Marquez didn't win the first 2 fights on the scorecards because of the knockdowns, and this Pacquiao is stronger than ever. It's obvious that he'd be more careful this time around
its what i was thinking basically going into the fight people were only giving marquez's skill and boxing brain as his advantages it would be foolish not to use it right?
ant is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
its what i was thinking basically going into the fight people were only giving marquez's skill and boxing brain as his advantages it would be foolish not to use it right?
exactly. He fought exactly the way I hope he would and won. Whenever they did get in exchanges toward the later rounds, I was yelling at the TV telling him to stop
Old 11-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
Touche
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

It's only a select few, the rest are alts.... Anyone who actually cares knows that Pac got out boxed all night with Marquez pulling off the almost perfect game plan.
Touche is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001

del..
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

It's only idiotic Pactard logic, I wouldn't get too wound up about it. They've proven this week they're willing to do anything to discredit anyone who makes Pacquiao look like shit. The World of boxing will be a better place when there's no Pacquiao fans around. Which will be about 5 minutes after Floyd beats him, incidentally.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

Extreme Pactards and HBO, that have an interest to see Mayweather-Pacquiao to be made.

HBO kept criticizing Marquez throughout the broadcast for not being more aggressive against Pacquiao.

When have they ever criticized fighters like Hopkins and previously Whitaker for not being aggressive?

The kicker here is that Hopkins and Whitaker are the type that will truly stall a fight and use holding, clinching and and running tactics, without consistently employing counterpunching output into the repertoire as Marquez consistently did round after round.

In other words, HBO in the past have given fighters like Hopkins and Whitaker accolades for playing defense even in a state where offensively they did virtually next to zero.

Here is a situation where Marquez plays great defense having Pacquiao off balance the whole 12 rounds, and then sticking it to him with clean, accurate and hard counters.......and its like, "You're not being as aggessive as you were the previous two fights Juan."

It was quite clear to see. Short of Marquez propinating a beatdown on Manny Pacquiao, HBO and the Pactards were going to see this fight through rose colored glasses.
divac is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

Quote:

This

one of my friends watched Juan-emmanuel III in a room full of pacfags. They was all silent as they accepted Juan just won.

It's only the hardcore pacfags that discount skills in favor of aggression.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche View Post
It's only a select few, the rest are alts.... Anyone who actually cares knows that Pac got out boxed all night with Marquez pulling off the almost perfect game plan.
This is true. Only Pactards like Main , exactabox, and a few others that have proven to be extreme trolls well before this 3rd Marquez-Pac fight, are still posting jibberish, mainly doing alot of name calling and doing everything to talk about anything but what actually transpired in the ring with Marquez and Pacquiao.

There are alot of Pacquiao avatar'ed newbie posters coming out of the woodwork (some alternate accounts I'm sure) attempting to disrupt debate that previously hardly if ever reared there head around here.
divac is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
FloydPacquiaoJr

vCash:

Marquez got "outbox"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYC2qTYfSHs[/ame]
Old 11-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #12
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Apparently he should have made it a war. If your JMM, who lost to Mayweather recently, not that big of a draw, and don't have a championship to offer... And your going against Pac again, who draws the biggest $ in boxing along with Mayweather, who has championships, and if he beats you boxing will put him in one of the biggest events (moneymaking) fights in pro boxing and if he loses boxing loses this MEGA FIGHT...

Uhh yeah. Dude should have been fighting for his life! I think the fight was close, could have been a draw, could have went either way slightly, but if I was JMM... No way would I think they were going to give me a points decision unless I obliterate him! Not saying that it's fair, I'm just saying he should have made it a war, and seriously look for the knock out or at least some knockdowns.
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #13
renyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 218

Jmm fought a great fight, Pac fought a very stupid fight.. Jmm definitely threw the better shots and looked technically superior in the fight. Pac fought Jmm styler of fight and tried to prove he could one up him at his own game. Pac was busier and did do some very good work in there, he was able to negate most of Jmm work besides done very good right hands. Overall Manny won the fight, in certain spots Jmm looked great. If I was to choose who had the best moments off the fight id say Jmm, but when asked who won the rounds it's undoubtedly Pacman..

Dont try and counter punch a counter puncher when that isn't your bread and butter...
renyo is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #14
Touche
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
Jmm fought a great fight, Pac fought a very stupid fight.. Jmm definitely threw the better shots and looked technically superior in the fight. Pac fought Jmm styler of fight and tried to prove he could one up him at his own game. Pac was busier and did do some very good work in there, he was able to negate most of Jmm work besides done very good right hands. Overall Manny won the fight, in certain spots Jmm looked great. If I was to choose who had the best moments off the fight id say Jmm, but when asked who won the rounds it's undoubtedly Pacman..

Dont try and counter punch a counter puncher when that isn't your bread and butter...
This is talking about Pac right? I do recall him getting beat to the punch on numerous counters.
Touche is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #15
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Extreme Pactards and HBO, that have an interest to see Mayweather-Pacquiao to be made.

HBO kept criticizing Marquez throughout the broadcast for not being more aggressive against Pacquiao.

When have they ever criticized fighters like Hopkins and previously Whitaker for not being aggressive?

The kicker here is that Hopkins and Whitaker are the type that will truly stall a fight and use holding, clinching and and running tactics, without consistently employing counterpunching output into the repertoire as Marquez consistently did round after round.

In other words, HBO in the past have given fighters like Hopkins and Whitaker accolades for playing defense even in a state where offensively they did virtually next to zero.

Here is a situation where Marquez plays great defense having Pacquiao off balance the whole 12 rounds, and then sticking it to him with clean, accurate and hard counters.......and its like, "You're not being as aggessive as you were the previous two fights Juan."

It was quite clear to see. Short of Marquez propinating a beatdown on Manny Pacquiao, HBO and the Pactards were going to see this fight through rose colored glasses.
Yes I feel you. With HBO, they had a clear agenda. Remember when Pernell got robbed vs Ramirez, he fought him the rematch, pitched a shutout and then ran for the whole 12th round. Now they didn't criticize him for not attempting to knock him out and take it out of the hands of the judges

Why didn't Pernell try to knock him out and make sure he didn't get robbed again
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
This

one of my friends watched Juan-emmanuel III in a room full of pacfags. They was all silent as they accepted Juan just won.

It's only the hardcore pacfags that discount skills in favor of aggression.
Sunn and OnePunchKo/EnterTheDragon are one of those

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum