Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,845
vCash: 750
Default Chavez Jr is good but

I'm tired of people giving him special treatment. Ref's always giving him wins where he might have lost. Ref's rushing to stop fights when the fighters are just stunned. Him using his fathers fame to make money but then not wanting to say he's living off his dad's legacy.

He has the talent to be legit great on his own, possibly a HOF fighter on his own, but he fights in a style which doesn't suit him (although he looked good tonight), and he steals victories which it doesn't look like he earned it.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
tito44
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ponce
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

Soon as he fights a top middleweight, he will get crushed.
tito44 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
juanitoboxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 3,879
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

Martinez will kill him
juanitoboxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
jmmpbf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,656
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

He aint good
jmmpbf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
stephen
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 331
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito44 View Post
Soon as he fights a top middleweight, he will get crushed.
cant wait to see that happen his a joke
stephen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #6
tito44
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ponce
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
cant wait to see that happen his a joke
He's exciting figher. I don't want to see him lose, but he far from an elite fighter like Sergio. I think Pirog would knock him out, as well.
tito44 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #7
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,845
vCash: 750
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito44 View Post
Soon as he fights a top middleweight, he will get crushed.
I think he can beat Canelo but Martinez does crush him. If he knows whats good for him he will avoid Martinez.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #8
Jeff Young
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 7241
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

He's not good.
Jeff Young is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #9
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,924
vCash: 302
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxmaster View Post
I'm tired of people giving him special treatment. Ref's always giving him wins where he might have lost. Ref's rushing to stop fights when the fighters are just stunned. Him using his fathers fame to make money but then not wanting to say he's living off his dad's legacy.

He has the talent to be legit great on his own, possibly a HOF fighter on his own, but he fights in a style which doesn't suit him (although he looked good tonight), and he steals victories which it doesn't look like he earned it.
Mamerto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:19 AM   #10
ElTrigueno
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami-Dade
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

I'd even like to see Cintron, Cotto, Martinez, K-9, or hell, even Mayorga take him on. I'm still sick of seeing these guys under 25 with damn near 40 or 50 fights yet they're still not ready. Cut 30 of these fake ass W's out and call them what they are. A 10-15 win fighter that's wet behind the ear.
ElTrigueno is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:20 AM   #11
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,845
vCash: 750
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamerto View Post
He has a good chin, he has good power, if he develops good technique and good defense he will be very difficult to beat.

His defense is much much better than it was when I last saw him. If he improves at this rate I do believe he could be a HOF fighter. I do believe he can beat Canelo. I don't believe he can beat Martinez but I do believe he can move up in weight and beat some of the bigger fighters and be a two weight world champion.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #12
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,845
vCash: 750
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTrigueno View Post
I'd even like to see Cintron, Cotto, Martinez, K-9, or hell, even Mayorga take him on. I'm still sick of seeing these guys under 25 with damn near 40 or 50 fights yet they're still not ready. Cut 30 of these fake ass W's out and call them what they are. A 10-15 win fighter that's wet behind the ear.
I would love to see him fight Cintron or Cotto. I think that would be a fair fight and I think he can beat them both provided he fights intelligently.

If he brawls he loses. If he boxes he wins. And it depends on how well he boxes. He had an excellent jab, excellent defensive, I think if he boxes like that and develops more he can beat Cintron and Cotto.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #13
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,924
vCash: 302
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxmaster View Post
He has a good chin, he has good power, if he develops good technique and good defense he will be very difficult to beat.

His defense is much much better than it was when I last saw him. If he improves at this rate I do believe he could be a HOF fighter. I do believe he can beat Canelo. I don't believe he can beat Martinez but I do believe he can move up in weight and beat some of the bigger fighters and be a two weight world champion.
If my Nissan Sentra had a bigger engine, different chassis and body, it would be an Altima.
Mamerto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #14
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,243
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

I agree that hes still wet behind the ears but you can see that the potential is there. I think the fight was stopped a little to soon, it was getting interesting, and Manfredo was still lively. Chavez is not ready for Martinez yet because he dosnt have that grown man mentality. Ill give him about a year and a half plus a couple or three hard fights and if Martinez is still around then he might have problems.
Manfred is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #15
ElTrigueno
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami-Dade
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chavez Jr is good but

There is no doubt that he won't ever get nearly the amount of respect as his dad, but if he had just 1 or 2 wins from a semi top fighter, he would start getting some respect. Manfredo is a halfway decent name maybe...but not really. A very respectable fighter, but he works a regular job too.
ElTrigueno is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013