boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

Vadim offers a deal that Cain Velasquez OR the UFC cant refuse, a fight between Cain (who is no longer under the Championships Clause) and the GOAT Fedor.

This fight will be in Russia with M1 handling the event and costs, the event will definitely be shown in Prime time with viewer numbers that would make UFC's 5.7 million viewers look pedestrian, it will have state backing, will have ticket prices that would make even Dana's head spin, and im sure that the stadium would be packed to the rafters especially with state backing. They could even hold it in Luzhniki Stadium which holds 78,000.

Russia is a closed book as far as UFC goes, theyve been trying to get into the country and grow without success, their brand and promotion means very little as far as MMA is concerned in Russia and that region.

This is a shot across the bow, either for Zuffa to shut up about trying to show the best fights that fans want to see (this is their chance) or for Cain V to take this fight against the GOAT with or without Zuffa (afterall now that hes lost he is no longer under the Championship Clause).

Quote:
M-1 Global intends to organize a fight Emelianenko - Velazquez in Moscow

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Translated using Google Translate

A source told "Chempionat.com" Constantine Ustyantseva,, M-1 Global intends to begin negotiations on the organization of a duel between a Russian MMA fighter Fedor Emelianenko (33-4) and former UFC heavyweight Cain Velasquez American (9-1) . Recall that on November 12 Velazquez lost his title in a fight against Junior dos Santos, having been thus first defeat of his career. According to the president of the company M-1 Vadim Finkelstein, Fedor fight - Velazquez in Moscow is able to attract many more viewers than meeting Emelianenko - Monson, and become one of the major events in the world of mixed martial arts in 2012.

"We intend to move forward and offer UFC deal, under which the M-1 is committed to organize a fight between Fedor and Velasquez in 2012 in Moscow - said Finkelstein. - I can guarantee Dana White that charges from this match in Russia will not be worse than in America, and the occupancy of the hall and did break a record attendance. M-1 is ready for dialogue, and will be happy to consider all possible options to create a tournament together. In the near future I will go forth with a proposal to his "best friend" (referring to Dan Wight. - Note. "Chempionat.com") and see what he will say.

A huge army of fans want to see this fight, and we want it, the only question is whether this will UFC? Velasquez has lost his last fight and lost the title, so why would he, instead of climbing back on top, do not agree to a meeting with one of the best fighters in history? The last tournament of the "Olympic" has shown great interest in how the Russian public to fights MMA and Fedor in particular. If we are able to negotiate with Velasquez, the excitement will be many times higher, which means that half of the arena, "Olympic," we will have enough. Now all our thoughts are directed at the organization next fight Fedor, which we hope will take place in Japan. However, the organizational details about the fight with Velasquez will be solved in parallel. "

Finkelstein also said Satoshi Ishii candidacy (4-1-1), which information the western media can be a contender for Fedor New Year tournament in Japan. "We would be interested to sign it with Ishii. First of all, because it is a very talented and promising fighter, winner of the Olympics. Secondly, he is Japanese, which means that interest in him among his fans will be great, that promises to fight Fedor even more spectacular. I can not confirm or deny that Ishii will become a rival to the New Year tournament Fedor, because now we are engaged in this issue and has not received any specifics from our Japanese colleagues. The complexity of signing contracts with Ishii is also in the that the fighter can get away from a fight with a rival such as Fyodor, fearing defeat in the early stage of career, also in their audiences. "
Quote:
Dirty politics

Translated using Google Translate

President of the M-1 Global, Vadim Finkelstein said in an interview about the last tournament of M-1 Global Fedor vs Monson, about the incident with Vladimir Putin and the future plans of the organization

Vadim, congratulations to you and all fans of mixed martial arts victory with Fedor. Please tell us about your impressions of the tournament.

In the history of MMA, it was the largest tournament held in Russia and Europe. Arena housed the 22 000 spectators and was completely full. All the fights were interesting and entertaining. Each bout was his character, his individual person. In the course of the tournament was not boring fights. Not one room in Europe and Russia are not scored more than 13 thousand spectators. When in the hall there is a number of spectators, the atmosphere is completely different. When shown photos of Fedor, the whole room exploded. I am very glad that we had this event and thank the audience for their support.

[skipped Vadim's response about Putin]

Vadim, if away from politics, talk about fight Fedor.

Jeff - great pilot a fighter. I am grateful to him for his handsome manly fight. Despite the fracture, and missed punches, he kept to the last. I respect him for his courage, his character and will power. He showed himself a real fighter.

Fedor cautious and not in a hurry. He clearly acted on a plan that they have developed with coaches in the Netherlands. Fedor does not fall into the trap that he was setting Monson. He was in no hurry, quietly imposed its style duel. Did everything well planned. He considered all his mistakes and has passed all right.

The site mma mania. Com an article that you are negotiating with the UFC about a fight against Fedor Velazquez. How can you comment on that. This is a rumor or really talks underway?

I am not a negotiation. But it's a good idea. I will turn to Dana White about this fight. I am ready to discuss the holding of several fights Fedor in the U.S. and Russia. I think that such a great fight Emelianenko Velazquez will be the arena to collect up to 45 000. We can do it. Fedor insanely popular in Russia and Europe. UFC tried repeatedly to raise the arena, but there was no more than 13 000 spectators. We can make quality and beautiful show. We have just proved it.

All viewers have noted the good organization and a beautiful picture on the screen. Is everything was so smooth?

As an organizer, I noticed some shortcomings: it is a problem with the tickets. When tickets went on sale in some difficulty. Since the wanting to buy tickets there were many, and quotas were not under it's calculated. The excitement was far more than we could imagine. In fact the tournament, unfortunately, some people could not get into the hall. If we talk about the shortcomings, it was another - it's movies in English without subtitles in Russian. The entire video production was produced for broadcast in 120 countries, but unfortunately failed and the Russian audience was left without a title in Russian, some rollers. We regret this in the future and take into account all the shortcomings.

Assessing the work done, we believe that such a huge show with some live on the world all went very well. Fights were spectacular. No one could say that at least one fight was boring. All the spectators were satisfied.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100
Default Re: M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

Except they prolly will refuse it.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
Dave_j1985
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

Problem is no one cares to see Fedor fight UFC fighter's anymore, Cain should be fighting top 10 fighter's which Fedor is not. You're kidding yourself if you think this event could touch the numbers UFC on FOX did.
Dave_j1985 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

this isnt even interesting to me let alone dana white..
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_j1985 View Post
Problem is no one cares to see Fedor fight UFC fighter's anymore, Cain should be fighting top 10 fighter's which Fedor is not. You're kidding yourself if you think this event could touch the numbers UFC on FOX did.

The Fedor v Rogers already did in Russia, 5.7 million is easily achievable in Russia.

Quote:
this isnt even interesting to me let alone dana white..
I know for sure that Dana and Zuffa is too scared to take this gamble. For them its not just their fighter loosing to another fighter, for them its their promotion loosing to another promotion. Theyve built up a really complex wall where they could say that their fighter is the best of the best, without having any of their fighter fight outside the promotion. The last time they took this gamble, they lost (Pride v. UFC).

I think this offer by Vadim is really directed at Cain himself. This about why Vadim didnt call out JDS or Lesnar, its because JDS is now under the Championship Clause and Lesnar is still UFC's biggest cash cow. Cain Valasquez is neither and so is more likely open to leaving UFC if given enough $$$. M1 has previously offered Brock a multi million dollar contract and has said that they could match ANY OFFERS UFC made to Fedor. With a billionaire owner and State backing I dont doubt for one instance that M1-Global could easily offer multi million one fight deals to Cain. We all know that Cain only received a measly $100,000 against JDS and a $200k (plus $100k win bonus) against Brock. Cain only received $100k for 2011. If I was Cain id take a million or multi million dollar offer by M1-Global, after all fighters only have a limited shelf life.

Smart move by Vadim actually, turning the tables using an old UFC ploy. Zuffa really has three choices 1) they accept the deal 2) they loose Cain, or 3) they bump up Cain's payment just to keep him (Zuffa wont admit or disclose payment). All three would be great for M1.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Fedor should try and fight a few guys a level below Cain before taking him on. Going the distance with Monson doesn't mean he is back.
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #7
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

I would still watch this fight only cuz im a Fedor fan
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
Bigg Panch
The Dopest
ESB Jr Member

Is M1 gonna interview Cains mom too?
Bigg Panch is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

I think M1 is looking for 1 more big payday, they need to bleed Fedor one last time because I'm sure Finkel wasn't expecting these recent loses and the loss of potential revenue from him. They couldn't of made much money from his last fight or they would continue to feed him cans and hasbeens and have easy paychecks.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1065

Monaro, you need to sit back and have a look at your posts, it really isn't healthy to be
so obsessed with one man. **** like this and 'M-1 fired Henderson' doesnt fool anyone, it just makes you look like a pathetic fanboy. Now I know it's worthless me even posting this, because you're just going to call me a 'zombie' and fail to actually address anything I say, but if you look through my post history you'll see that I rate Fedor as the greatest fighter so far in the history of the sport. However his time at the top of the sport is done now and a win over Jeff Monson, who is also done, does not in anyway prove that he is still the number one heavyweight in the world. Velasquez won't fight Fedor in M1, we all know he won't yet no one who can think rationally will see it as a duck, because we know that it is a pointless fight at this point. Fedor suffered three bad defeats on the trot, one against a guy JDS beat the **** out of in a round, one that Cormier sparked out with the same type of shot Fedor was hitting him with and one against (an admittedly brilliant) middle/light-heavyweight. Just because he beat Monson does now somehow make him a worthy opponent again. So if Cain beats Fedor he gets no praise, if he gets beaten he'll get slated and no matter what the result of the fight is, he won't have any lucrative options afterwards as M-1 have no other big name fighters for him to face. The shot about money isn't as clear cut as you make it as Cain stands to make more in the long run on the UFC. Even you're not dumb enough to believe he only received 100 grand for the JDS fight, everyone knows the UFC don't declare all the fighters earnings.

Face it man, Fedor is the greatest for his 2002-2006 run, since then he has gotten in tow with crooks who have dampened his career by having him take easy fights for years which cost him when he stepped back up in competition and now he has physically deteriorated and will not reach the top of the sport again. Just leave it alone man, remember Fedor for the time when he actually was the best and stop holding on to stupid fantasies about him. There are other great fighters out there for you to follow as well.
mckay_89 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Lol!!!
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #12
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Haha m1 global needs to stop running their mouth and should've sold their name to the UFC when they had the chance.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

Fedor is one of my favorite fighter of all time (boxing&MMA) but this Finklestein guy is a slimy ****er.

oh and just for the record even today's Fedor would probably tko Cain
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beaver View Post
Fedor should try and fight a few guys a level below Cain before taking him on. Going the distance with Monson doesn't mean he is back.

A level below Cain? wow wow wow.

Cain is the inexperienced one here lol

Oh how Zuffa has brainwashed people.

Quote:
I think M1 is looking for 1 more big payday, they need to bleed Fedor one last time because I'm sure Finkel wasn't expecting these recent loses and the loss of potential revenue from him. They couldn't of made much money from his last fight or they would continue to feed him cans and hasbeens and have easy paychecks.
Pretty much any Fedor fight in Russia is a big payday. They could have any HW fight Fedor and it would still be huge, even Monson still packed the stadium.

From all reports the Fedor v Monson was a huge success, the 22k tickets were snapped up like crazy (why do you think Vadim was talking about a 40+k stadium for the next event?), influential/rich/popular Russian celebrities watched the fight, was shown on the biggest network TV prime time, and numbers should easily exceed the UFC on Fox 5.7 million.

Fedor's next opponent would be another blockbuster. Ishii is a Japanese icon and hero. Im sure that this NYE event with Ishii and Fedor will have closer to 40k watching the fight and probably in the 20 plus million TV viewers.

Quote:
**** like this and 'M-1 fired Henderson' doesnt fool anyone, it just makes you look like a pathetic fanboy.
Lol you didnt get point of that thread did you? But I do agree with you, Henderson getting fired by M1 is as pathetic as Fedor getting fired by the UFC/Strikeforce.

Quote:
However his time at the top of the sport is done now and a win over Jeff Monson, who is also done, does not in anyway prove that he is still the number one heavyweight in the world.
Who said Fedor is still number 1? In saying that though, Fedor is more worthy of a higher ranking than Cain Velasquez.

Quote:
So if Cain beats Fedor he gets no praise, if he gets beaten he'll get slated and no matter what the result of the fight is, he won't have any lucrative options afterwards as M-1 have no other big name fighters for him to face.
A one off multi million payment and opportunities to fight throughout Europe and Aisa is a better deal than $100k per year. We all know that Cain's time at the top is over and be wont be getting that $100k (plus $200k win bonus) he got from the Brock fight. At best UFC will continue to offer Cain $100k per fight which is about 1 or 2 time a year at most.

Quote:
Even you're not dumb enough to believe he only received 100 grand for the JDS fight, everyone knows the UFC don't declare all the fighters earnings.
Only a select few fighters receive that under the table PPV cut, Brock, GSP, and AS are probably it. Everyone else gets the fight money, win money, and all FOTN and KO/sub bonuses, and these are disclosed.

Quote:
Face it man, Fedor is the greatest for his 2002-2006 run, since then he has gotten in tow with crooks who have dampened his career by having him take easy fights for years which cost him when he stepped back up in competition and now he has physically deteriorated and will not reach the top of the sport again.
Pretty much the same with Cain nowdays really, apparently UFC have moved on to their next best and greatest in JDS. If Cain doesnt take this offer he would end up like AA, Tim S, CroCop, and Nog. Used, abused and thrown out with yesterdays proverbial by the UFC.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #15
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Not really sure how this fight would go... Prime Fedor easily KOs him.. Now I'd say 50/50. Funny thing is after all the recent Cain hype (LOL), and Fedor admittedly (even me being a huge fan of him) being pretty shot, I doubt many people will argue with me about it.
Primenal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum