Old 01-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #15076
marty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wellings View Post
Martin Lindsay next in line for the European title then. How do we think he'd fair against Yefimovich if and when they meet?

One note on Matthew Macklin. I'm a little concerned he has changed trainers again, this is becoming a regular occurence now and he surely can't be settled. I think he should have stuck with Gallagher personally.
Its a tall order for Lindsay, but home advantage against Yefimovich could be the deciding factor. Then a win for Lindsay would make the pajo fight all that more mouth watering.
marty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #15077
BamBam
The Brick Fist Mafia
ESB Addict

Hyland needs to decent EBU level wins at least to get in line for a crack even if Lindsay wins I'd reckon
BamBam is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #15078
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Why all the love for Pajo?, has he fought anyone with a pulse yet? . Linday's best performances were when he KTFO 2 highly rated fighters(Matthews and Appelby) and it appears that he is improving as he steps uip in competition. Hyland hasn't faced anyone of this quality yet you are all picking him to beat Linsday.I have only seen sporadic coverage of Hyland so maybe i'm missing something here.
iceman is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #15079
mossy141
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
Why all the love for Pajo?, has he fought anyone with a pulse yet? . Linday's best performances were when he KTFO 2 highly rated fighters(Matthews and Appelby) and it appears that he is improving as he steps uip in competition. Hyland hasn't faced anyone of this quality yet you are all picking him to beat Linsday.I have only seen sporadic coverage of Hyland so maybe i'm missing something here.
spot on...
mossy141 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #15080
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

matthews had lindsay on the canvas if my memory serves my right and i just feel that pajo would get the ko after an all out war
moorser is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #15081
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorser View Post
matthews had lindsay on the canvas if my memory serves my right and i just feel that pajo would get the ko after an all out war

I thought that was more of a flash knockdown, but look at how Lindsay came back to knock him out cold.I think this fight was a great confidence booster which enabled him to go on and destroy the much touted Appelby.
Hyland's opposition has been less than stellar and until i see him beat someone half decent my money would be on Lindsay
iceman is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #15082
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I thought that was more of a flash knockdown, but look at how Lindsay came back to knock him out cold.I think this fight was a great confidence booster which enabled him to go on and destroy the much touted Appelby.
Hyland's opposition has been less than stellar and until i see him beat someone half decent my money would be on Lindsay

dont get me wrong i think lindsay is one of our top prospects , he is world class imo but with pajo being a dub i am probably slightly biased , would be foy candadate imo , i really hope it gets made
moorser is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #15083
BamBam
The Brick Fist Mafia
ESB Addict

Quote:
dont get me wrong i think lindsay is one of our top prospects , he is world class imo but with pajo being a dub i am probably slightly biased , would be foy candadate imo , i really hope it gets made
Southsiders don't count
BamBam is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #15084
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Quote:
I agree with you - but then again I have only seen brief coverage of Pajo. Still, Lindsay has a much better record over better opponents.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #15085
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

Quote:
Like i said i haven't seen enough of Pajo to make a fair assessment on him so if he is as good or better than Linsday that can only be a good thing for Irish boxing. I was just surprised at how many knowledgeable posters on this thread were picking him to beat Lindsay when Lindsay is obviously a much more proven performer
iceman is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #15086
adamburke83
***.THEHYLANDBROTHERS.com
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
I find it funny when fans of Pajo constantly mention Cruz and the IBF belt......you do realise Pajo's not ranked by the IBF ?, and that he actually can't fight in an IBF eliminator till he is ?

He's also not as big a puncher as Derry Matthews or Paul Appleby imo, and I don't mean to have this sound like I'm hating on Patrick because I think he's a very good fighter and would give Lindsey a good fight(although I think Lindsay would win).

You have to stay realistic here, Patrick has only just entered the European rankings and what him, his team and his supporters right now should focus on is getting him some good experience and have him progress through those rankings, because until he does Lindsay and his team will have no desire or want to look at him as a potential opponent. He's all risk without reward.

Here's the current European rankings:
1 Martin LINDSAY (GB)
2 Cyril THOMAS (FR)
3 John SIMPSON (GB)
4 Alberto SERVIDEI (IT)
5 Stanislav MERDOV (UA) EE-EU Champion
6 Viorel SIMION (RO)
7 Paul APPLEBY (GB)
8 Alex MISKIRTCHIAN (BE) EU champion
9 Guillauma FRENOIS (FR)
10 Yuri VORONIN (UA)
11 Nikita LUKIN (UA)
12 Paul TRUSCOTT (GB)
13 Massimo MORRA (IT)
14 Esham PICKERING (GB)
15 Jamie ARTHUR (GB)
16 Andreas EVENSEN (NO/FI)
17 Patrick HYLAND (IE)
18 Osman AKTAS (FR)
19 Marcel MEYERDIERCKS (DE)
20 Sofiane TAKOUCHT (FR)

The champion Oleg Yefimovich defends against Andrey Isaev soon.
This is the bloke Paulie Hyland beat in england and everybody said he is a nobody Journey-Man..............
adamburke83 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #15087
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamburke83 View Post
This is the bloke Paulie Hyland beat in england and everybody said he is a nobody Journey-Man..............
he might be a nobody and a journey but what does that say about Paulie??

There wasnt many in the Metrodome outside the referee and Team Hyland that thought Paulie won the bout!!!
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #15088
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post

There wasnt many in the Metrodome outside the referee and Team Hyland that thought Paulie won the bout!!!
Lets hear your expert opinion on the possible Linsday/Hyland fight.Who wins?
iceman is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #15089
adamburke83
***.THEHYLANDBROTHERS.com
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post

It means Paulie held his own and beat a guy above his weight class who in his next fight beat the at the time ranked number 1 in the EBU featherweight division.
adamburke83 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #15090
BamBam
The Brick Fist Mafia
ESB Addict

How in the world is Lukin ranked that highly. He has won 3 of his last 10 (I looked it up). Crazy ranking given his recent (last 3 years) form and the fact he is 10-17-2 overall.

Also, I heard the decision was heavily dispute when Paul Hyland beat Lukin.

As far as a Lindsay-Hyland showdown you have to make Lindsay a firm favourite. He's taken on and beaten the better fighters and dealt well with adversity. By no means would I expect a walk in the park for Lindsay but he'd be a firm favourite for the win
BamBam is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum