Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #15811
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vazquez & Marquez are heroes
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 2863
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
Any mention of Bernard or Andy Lee on the show. A lad told me today Dunne changed his mind and decided he hadn't fully made up his mind about coming back and wants more time. Sounds a bit airy fairy to be honest. He's had plenty of time to think. If its true is nothing but bad news
heard fook all
tony mush is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #15812
BamBam
The Brick Fist Mafia
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,416
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Healy was not please. I had it 96-95 Fitzgerald mainly because he won the first three rounds clearly. I thought he was going to slap Mickey Vann at one stage. By the way, Mickey Vann should be in dancing with the stars or something. He's some mover!
BamBam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #15813
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A rebel i came and i'll die the same
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 12406665
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony mush View Post
hahaha here healy say ah **** when the scorecard was shown lol
He was a bit disappointed to say the least
iceman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #15814
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 900
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quality night of boxing - I would have loved to have seen Conlon as well. Did you see the Conlan fight BamBam?
gasman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #15815
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Republic of Mancunia via El Paso Sligo
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
He was a bit disappointed to say the least
Ciaran deserves a rematch at the very least.

Fitzy showed the true level of his ability
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #15816
Big J
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Glasgow via Dungiven
Posts: 1,010
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
Healy was not please. I had it 96-95 Fitzgerald mainly because he won the first three rounds clearly. I thought he was going to slap Mickey Vann at one stage. By the way, Mickey Vann should be in dancing with the stars or something. He's some mover!
"ah ****" from healy was funny also. All the title fights looked like good shows
Big J is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #15817
BamBam
The Brick Fist Mafia
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,416
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

No didn't see Conlon. Saw Willie Casey get a premature stoppage against some Venezuelan. He pinged him with a few good shots and the ref jumped in. Bit soft to be honest.

Only saw Fitz - Healy, Barrett - Kenna, Casey - Foreign Lad and Fagan - Murray
BamBam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #15818
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 900
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
Ciaran deserves a rematch at the very least.

Fitzy showed the true level of his ability
I agree. Gotta love Healy - he has the heart of a lion and from what I saw of the fight on tv he was at least level with his opponent. Great wee scrap.
gasman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #15819
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 900
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
No didn't see Conlon. Saw Willie Casey get a premature stoppage against some Venezuelan. He pinged him with a few good shots and the ref jumped in. Bit soft to be honest.

Only saw Fitz - Healy, Barrett - Kenna, Casey - Foreign Lad and Fagan - Murray
Was that Irving he reffed the Casey fight?
gasman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #15820
irishhitman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
No didn't see Conlon. Saw Willie Casey get a premature stoppage against some Venezuelan. He pinged him with a few good shots and the ref jumped in. Bit soft to be honest.

Only saw Fitz - Healy, Barrett - Kenna, Casey - Foreign Lad and Fagan - Murray
these irish title fights are a good idea... it beats our boys fighing latvian nobodies
irishhitman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #15821
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A rebel i came and i'll die the same
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 12406665
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
Ciaran deserves a rematch at the very least.

Fitzy showed the true level of his ability

Healy who took the fight on short notice looked the fitter of the two.If he had any power at all he would have stopped Fitz in the later rounds, i would like to see a rematch.

I have never rated Murray but tonight he seemed to put on a very good performance.Where does he go from here, can he win a european title?
iceman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #15822
BamBam
The Brick Fist Mafia
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,416
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Was that Irving he reffed the Casey fight?
No the rotund fella that did the Barrett - Kenna fight was the ref. He couldn't stop it quick enough
BamBam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #15823
irishhitman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
No the rotund fella that did the Barrett - Kenna fight was the ref. He couldn't stop it quick enough

paul mccullough...west belfast man like myself
irishhitman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #15824
TwoFistedPiston
Wheres my last account?!?
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 473
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
No didn't see Conlon. Saw Willie Casey get a premature stoppage against some Venezuelan. He pinged him with a few good shots and the ref jumped in. Bit soft to be honest.

Only saw Fitz - Healy, Barrett - Kenna, Casey - Foreign Lad and Fagan - Murray
Saw Conlon was in against some wirey fella from Bulgaria or something.. Not a bad fight at all was quite impressed by Conlon in a competitive fight your man wasnt bad threw a loda punches and plenty of movement.

That was some punch Kenna caught Barrett and I couldnt believe he survived that round couldve been different if Kenna wasnt heavily pregnant.. Also I was sat beside a load of "Coley" fans and nearly jumped outta my skin when he KD'd him!

Fitz was a lucky boy! Healy pushed the fight the whole way, landing the cleaner punches and those first few rounds won Fitz the fight just about.

What did you think of Acosta?? Although it was a step up in class I didnt see how great he was I think he kinda slaps with his right..? But a very smart fighter indeeed!

Was screaming for Oisin but by the 2nd knew the ref would end up stopping it coz we all know Oisin wasnt gonna stop. He truley got beat the **** up and I was freaked but the size difference was just too much. Impressed by Murray having seen his last fight against that Ecuadorian lad, Boone or something? where he looked terrible. He should stay at LW!

What you think of Hyland?? Thought he was terrible took way too many punches, Coveney was a little terrier kept on coming and if he had any power whatsoever could really have had Pajo in trouble. Nice KO in the end though!
TwoFistedPiston is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #15825
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vazquez & Marquez are heroes
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 2863
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFistedPiston View Post
Saw Conlon was in against some wirey fella from Bulgaria or something.. Not a bad fight at all was quite impressed by Conlon in a competitive fight your man wasnt bad threw a loda punches and plenty of movement.

That was some punch Kenna caught Barrett and I couldnt believe he survived that round couldve been different if Kenna wasnt heavily pregnant.. Also I was sat beside a load of "Coley" fans and nearly jumped outta my skin when he KD'd him!

Fitz was a lucky boy! Healy pushed the fight the whole way, landing the cleaner punches and those first few rounds won Fitz the fight just about.

What did you think of Acosta?? Although it was a step up in class I didnt see how great he was I think he kinda slaps with his right..? But a very smart fighter indeeed!

Was screaming for Oisin but by the 2nd knew the ref would end up stopping it coz we all know Oisin wasnt gonna stop. He truley got beat the **** up and I was freaked but the size difference was just too much. Impressed by Murray having seen his last fight against that Ecuadorian lad, Boone or something? where he looked terrible. He should stay at LW!

What you think of Hyland?? Thought he was terrible took way too many punches, Coveney was a little terrier kept on coming and if he had any power whatsoever could really have had Pajo in trouble. Nice KO in the end though!
bone
tony mush is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013