Old 03-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #1606
Shamrock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fra
it starts 9pm here so is NZ 12hours in front...so it would be 9am your time...mes think
daylight saving, would make it 11AM
Shamrock is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #1607
Shamrock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fra
it starts 9pm here so is NZ 12hours in front...so it would be 9am your time...mes think
Thanks Fra
Shamrock is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #1608
fra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock
daylight saving, would make it 11AM
me dum dum but have a guinness..in way of apolgy
fra is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #1609
Shamrock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fra
me dum dum but have a guinness..in way of apolgy
Nah, you weren't to know about daylight saving here Fra, but I'll endeavour to get that Guinness for good measure.......
Shamrock is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2008, 07:09 AM   #1610
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

vCash: 1153

McCLOSKEY READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ardy is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #1611
mickrick1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy
McCLOSKEY READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
How about that then Ardy - McCloskey to be our next Irish world champion - what's your take on that? It's a question I've been wanting to ask - out of the present crop of Irish boxers who will be our first world champion?
mickrick1 is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2008, 07:53 AM   #1612
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrick1
How about that then Ardy - McCloskey to be our next Irish world champion - what's your take on that? It's a question I've been wanting to ask - out of the present crop of Irish boxers who will be our first world champion?
At the moment that is the million $ question. Dunne, Duddy and Lee have been derailed for the moment.Macklin, McCloskey and James Moore in America are leading the way at this time. The champions at lightwelter are weak, so McCloskey has a chance,but in reality we don't know how good or bad McCloskey is,the contest the night will tell us a lot.Who do you think yourself mick.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #1613
mickrick1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
At the moment that is the million $ question. Dunne, Duddy and Lee have been derailed for the moment.Macklin, McCloskey and James Moore in America are leading the way at this time. The champions at lightwelter are weak, so McCloskey has a chance,but in reality we don't know how good or bad McCloskey is,the contest the night will tell us a lot.Who do you think yourself mick.
I still feel that Andy Lee is probably our best chance of a world title. He showed last week that there are some weaknesses in his armoury but he will need to go away and work on these. Having said that after last week I would say he is maybe 2 years away from a title fight and even that is based on him doing everything right between now and then.
I would love to see McCloskey do it. Like Paul I am a county Derry man myself, I'm not from the city. Paul played gaelic football for Dungiven and I have always been a big GAA man myself.
mickrick1 is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #1614
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fra
slapbangwallop...were you the guy in the green jersey...because now.. i no u live in manchester.... and what you look like... i will send some off my mates in manchester to u
yeah that was me in the Celtic shirt - front and centre - good night was had and I picked up 2 tickets on eBay worth 170 each for 30 each - nice.

Tony Doherty (Irish traveller) was on the undercard and won the Welsh ww title in a ******* - I think all his 17 brothers and sisters were in attendance - v vocal!!
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #1615
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
I heard you lads were campaigning for an Irish forum! Why not use the British or European forums for Irish threads?
I agree - there is no need for an Irish forum - infact I advocate that the British forum should be changed to the British and Irish forum - although I prefer in in alphabetical order!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #1616
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

Quote:
Well Sinky fights tomorrow night,we will see then how fit he is then.But McCloskey was all praises about Neil and the sparring their having on the build-up to there fights tomorror. Lindsey fights next month in Canada, and apparently 100 from Belfast are making the trip to watch him.
I wrote this about Martin a couple of months ago - hopefully it will grow with years to come [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

where in Belfast is he from?
Old 03-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #1617
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop
yeah that was me in the Celtic shirt - front and centre - good night was had and I picked up 2 tickets on eBay worth 170 each for 30 each - nice.

Tony Doherty (Irish traveller) was on the undercard and won the Welsh ww title in a ******* - I think all his 17 brothers and sisters were in attendance - v vocal!!
lol - they blanked out cr@cker!!! lol - different meaning in the US obvious - Chris Rock thought me all about that!

Last edited by rooq; 04-23-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #1618
fra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrick1
james moore..is going good guns...his handlers want him to fight for a title... by the end of the year...and good luck ...to all the boys...tonight
fra is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #1619
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy La
Has anyone new information on the middleweight Henry Coyle of Mayo? I was there for his first pro fight on the undercard of the Duddy vs Bonsante fight. I heard he was ko'd by Omar Bell, brother of O'Neil Bell, but has come back from the loss. I know Iceman is from Chicago, so he would most likely have the newest of information (I don't know how to private message though). If anyone has heard of him looking for a rematch with Bell please post here. He's a good Irish fighter, and the world will soon learn that having a blemished record means diddley squat in boxing.
Buddy, i haven't heard much about Coyle lately but i can find out what he's up to.
I met Coyle at a benefit a few months back,he's a real nice kid and is very serious about his career.He said he got caught cold against Bell and wants a rematch but his handlers are in no rush for that.He is very confident that he can compete at the highest level but realistically i just can't see him being good enough.Time will tell
iceman is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #1620
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop
I wrote this about Martin a couple of months ago - hopefully it will grow with years to come [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

where in Belfast is he from?
Martin Lindsay is from the lower Falls area of west Belfast.I have often heard people from that area refer to it as "Gods country", but they are unfortinately mistaken, as an area in the north of the city is actually Gods country, and that place is called Ardoyne, or Ard Eoin if you prefere.
ardy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum