Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #30046
Lúcás
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by misticmonk View Post
You could try the Maldron citywest just down the road and cheaper to booth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny The Hips View Post
yeah Maldron is five mins away, cheaper and across the road from Clondalkin Rugby Club you could watch a match the next morning!
thanks lads, much cheaper alright. probably go with that,cheers. also lads im from cork and flights are only 28euro going up on the morning and coming back the following night, so a bargain really. is the airport far from the maldron do ye know? sorry for all the questions, much appreciated.

undercard is coming along nicely, spike v fitz would be a nice addition and perez v rogie, wishful thinking I suppose.
Lúcás is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #30047
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

JJJ just squeezed by on a double countback against Shane Murtagh of Crumlin !

What is going on in the stadium this week, some mad scores espeically in 69kgs !!!!
moorser is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #30048
TwoFistedPiston
Wheres my last account?!?
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorser View Post

What is going on in the stadium this week, some mad scores espeically in 69kgs !!!!
What the fook is going on
TwoFistedPiston is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #30049
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:

him and brabazon next, could be close too
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #30050
kelics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
That probably says more about you than it does about Irish boxing.

We ended the year with 4 European champions and have 2 fighters fighting for "world titles"

Arent you the guy that think that Mike Tyson was the best boxer in the history of the sport?

You are probably better off forgetting about boxing until you are 18 and sticking with MMA, it would suit you more.

trust me, im not that young i just dont have that much knowledge because became boxing fan quite late. But even whne i was a kid, not interested in boxing at all i heard the name like Ali, Tyson, Klitschkos, never ever anyone mentioned someone being from Ireland. Im not trying to slag of you country i just surprised that this thread gets so much attention "Irish Boxing". That has to be irish forum cant see anyone interested in Irish Boxing
kelics is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #30051
kelics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Do you even watch boxing ?????

Have you never heard of Bernard Dunne, Andy Lee, etc etc ???

Irish boxing >>>>>>>>>>Scottish boxing
erm not really mate, first time ever heard these names honestly
kelics is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #30052
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelics View Post
erm not really mate, first time ever heard these names honestly
Look dont insult us just becuase irish boxing cant compete with th dozens of world class fighters Scotland has at the moment
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #30053
kelics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectoplasm View Post
McBride is the only Irish boxer you've heard of? You clearly know **** all about boxing so. Now get out of this thread before you embarrass yourself any further you gobshite.

I not a boxing fan since i was burn, there should be a start. If i saw any of irish boxers i wuold just walk pass them
kelics is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #30054
jayroyal
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenoc1 View Post
egg head its nothing got to do with recent results its international medals and senior titles and i think after tonights results it shows why johnny and roy were seeded ahead of willie m8 js
Roy sheehan just got beat too , well i'm guessing there will defo be box offs this year now cause jjj wont beat karl b
No need for seeding really
jayroyal is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #30055
nutter
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayroyal View Post
Roy sheehan just got beat too , well i'm guessing there will defo be box offs this year now cause jjj wont beat karl b
No need for seeding really
More surprises
nutter is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #30056
misticmonk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúcás View Post
thanks lads, much cheaper alright. probably go with that,cheers. also lads im from cork and flights are only 28euro going up on the morning and coming back the following night, so a bargain really. is the airport far from the maldron do ye know? sorry for all the questions, much appreciated.

undercard is coming along nicely, spike v fitz would be a nice addition and perez v rogie, wishful thinking I suppose.
It,s about 10,12 miles but you,ll wizz around the m50 on a saturday/sunday expect to pay 25euro for a taxi, but to be honest mate with the new road you'll drive up in two and halve hours. A tank of petrol and 8 quid for the tolls just as handy and probably cheaper. Citywest and Maldron just of the Cork road.
misticmonk is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #30057
nutter
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quinn produces shock of Elite Nationals

Saturday, 12 February 2011 11:46
Dublin welterweight Daniel Quinn produced the shock of the opening night of the Elite National Championships with a stunning win over Commonwealth Games champion Patrick Gallagher at the National Stadium in Dublin.

Gallagher, who claimed gold for Northern Ireland at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in India, was tied at 1-1 with Quinn at the end of the first.

But Glasnevin BC prospect Quinn scored the only three points of the second round en route to a 6-1 win.

Meanwhile, Willie McLaughlin, who beat Gallagher in the recent Ulster final, was shocked on a countback by the impressive Craig McCarthy.

Both welterweights were locked at 0-0 at the end of the first. McLaughlin, a quarter-finalist at the 2009 World Championships in Milan, finally got through with a right in the second, but McCarthy responded with a right of his own to make it 1-1 before having his hand raised in triumph on accepted scores.

Belfast's Sean McComb got the tournament underway with a composed victory over Danny Coughlan of St Anne's at IABA Headquarters.
The Holy Trinity man opened the scoring with a raking left jab in the first and added two points to his tally in the second.
Coughlan pulled one back in the third, but McComb restored his three point cushion with another jab to claim a 4-1 verdict in the new 56Kg category.

Michael Myres came from behind to edge out Gavin Keating in opening 60Kg clash.
Keating, of the St Saviours club in Dublin, was 3-1 up in the first but Myres restored parity at 5-5 before finding the target with a right hook in the third.

Jason Conroy made it three wins in-a-row for the blue corner with a third round stoppage of Paul Raymond, while ex champ Ross Hickey nearly suffered the first shock of the Championships versus hard-punching Crumlin light-welter Stephen Carroll in the opening 64Kg clash.

Hickey, a bronze medal winner at the 2008 European Championships, opened a 1-0 lead in the first, but Carroll landed two quick shots in succession to take a 2-1 lead in
a fairly explosive second round.

Hickey responded with a cracking right which forced his opponent into a standing count. Carroll took another count in the third, but stormed back to make it 3-3 with a close range left. However, two thudding right hooks sealed a 5-3 win for Hickey.

'He made me work hard, he's a very strong puncher. I caught him with two right hooks when I needed them because he was coming on strong. I had to give him something to stop him,' said Hickey.

'I am more comfortable at light-welterweight. I'm not struggling to get down to 60Kg. I was too big - too tall - I'm enjoying it this way. Every weight division is tough these days.'

Elsewhere in the 64Kg category, Stephen Coughlan comfortably beat Jake Hanney and Tyrone McKenna had three points to spare over Tommy Dwyer.

Limerick's Jessie Lyons, the current Intermediate champ, marched into the welterweight semi-finals after stopping Joanne Barkly, who was 5-3 down when she took her second standing count in the third.

Shane Murtagh also impressed, and former champ Karl Brabazon, making a welcome return to the Stadium, beat Graham Hogan in an all-Dublin derby, while Adam Nolan was three points ahead when the final bell of his contest with Fergal Redmond tolled.

Bray's Adam Nolan also impressed, a 3-0 decision over Fergal Redmond booking his ticket into the next phase, while Jamie Dowling registered an 8-2 win over John Murray.

Galway heavyweight Patrick Corcoran brought the curtain down on the night's session with a 14-2 win over Cork's Pa O'Shea.

Meanwhile, Ken Egan has received a bye into the semi-finals in the light-heavyweight category. The Neilstown southpaw, who is aiming for 11 Senior title in a row, will meet either Thomas Roohan or Brian Fitzpatrick next Friday night.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
nutter is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #30058
misticmonk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

Quote:
trust me, im not that young i just dont have that much knowledge because became boxing fan quite late. But even whne i was a kid, not interested in boxing at all i heard the name like Ali, Tyson, Klitschkos, never ever anyone mentioned someone being from Ireland. Im not trying to slag of you country i just surprised that this thread gets so much attention "Irish Boxing". That has to be irish forum cant see anyone interested in Irish Boxing

Tis better to say nothing and be presumed stupid than open your mouth and confirm it.
misticmonk is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #30059
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I not a boxing fan since i was burn, there should be a start. If i saw any of irish boxers i wuold just walk pass them
If you have no interest in Irish boxing then just **** off out of this thread you space monkey
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #30060
kelics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
If you have no interest in Irish boxing then just **** off out of this thread you space monkey
Chill out dude, ireland got nice beer (guiness) but cant see them box sorry
kelics is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum