Old 02-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #30376
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony mush View Post
btw lad if you want to learn about boxing why dont ya just ask? were not a bad bunch here the brit forum can be a bit cuntish but not bad the classic is amazing,but besides this thread the rest of the general is just filled with pactards and flomos

I checked some of his other posts, he seems to know a wee bit about boxing but he's clearly slow
iceman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #30377
misticmonk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton View Post
Lads have any of yous got your tickets for the Casey fight yet? I book mine with Ticketgroup but nothing has come out yet. Are they more of the tickets will be sent out the week of the fight or a day before?

Ordered mine six weeks ago, nothing yet. Not too worried, I'd image they will come tens before fight or so.
misticmonk is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #30378
misticmonk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelics View Post
what so special about this thread?? Irish boxing? Is there even any world champions at ANY weight category that are irish? You know the answer.

Welcome back asshole.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #30379
BK99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by puca View Post
Guys brabazon has already won a senior crown he followed that up by winning a 4 nations gold and boxed with andy Lee and Kenny egan in a 4 nations team that took on cuba so his pedigree is not to be dismissed alot of people simply never heard of him and though he was some new comer.It did surprise me he beat jjj (albeit with some terrible refereeing for the public warning which decided the fight)after that long out but i certainly wasnt shocked.The lad from St Pauls beating Mc Loughlin for me was the biggest upset of the championship.
Whilst im on i think Egan will handle young Ward with ease on friday night.
I agree. The Maclaughlin loss was the biggest shock for me. All other big names to go out were beaten by up-and-coming boxers who are well established underage. Craig McCarthy is not too well known (but is quite good nonetheless) so that has to be the biggest shock. I agree about Brabazon. He disappeared just a couple years before Ireland started to do really well internationally so that's why he's not as well known
BK99 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #30380
TwoFistedPiston
Wheres my last account?!?
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah,sure View Post
Going along and agree with DBrady's wise picks, and all of them at that.
Anyone got any odds on the finals this year??

Barnes
Nevin
Joyce
Sutcliffe
Brabazon
Sheehan

All gimmes if ya ask moi..
TwoFistedPiston is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #30381
BK99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFistedPiston View Post
Anyone got any odds on the finals this year??

Barnes
Nevin
Joyce
Sutcliffe
Brabazon
Sheehan

All gimmes if ya ask moi..
Hickey might outsmart Sutcliffe Any big wins Sutcliffe has had hav been stoppages. So the point system might suit Hickey better. Anyone know why the Olympic B.C. boxers didn't fight at 69kg having both entered (Brosnan and P.J. Ward)? I asked the same a few days ago but my post was ignored easy to know i'm a newbie
BK99 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #30382
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2863

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK99 View Post
Hickey might outsmart Sutcliffe Any big wins Sutcliffe has had hav been stoppages. So the point system might suit Hickey better. Anyone know why the Olympic B.C. boxers didn't fight at 69kg having both entered (Brosnan and P.J. Ward)? I asked the same a few days ago but my post was ignored easy to know i'm a newbie
welcome 2 the thread bud what part of cork ypou from? and no clue imsure 1 of the lads would know do
tony mush is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #30383
misticmonk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelics View Post
Just write "no one gives a **** about irish boxing apart from ireland" and ill piss off

Kelics are you searching for belonging.

Love is envied by the lonely but rehabilation is possible for all those who want it.

Fear not bother the dark side is but the absence of the light that still surrounds you, walk towards it.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #30384
BK99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
welcome 2 the thread bud what part of cork ypou from? and no clue imsure 1 of the lads would know do
Wahey, got my first reply I'm from the southside of the city myself, not too far from turners cross. Are u a cork man urself Tony Mush? I see some scottish prick is driving ye mad Just some shit-stirrer who probly knows nothing about the sport and takes pleasure in annoying others Throw him into a ring in any boxing club in Ireland and he wouldn't be long finding out a bit about "Irish boxing"
BK99 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #30385
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Wahey, got my first reply I'm from the southside of the city myself, not too far from turners cross. Are u a cork man urself Tony Mush? I see some scottish prick is driving ye mad Just some shit-stirrer who probly knows nothing about the sport and takes pleasure in annoying others Throw him into a ring in any boxing club in Ireland and he wouldn't be long finding out a bit about "Irish boxing"
from faranree myself
dont mind him hes just a troll shouldnt have got into it with him but mad a gowl outta him so how bad
and the 2 lads you were askin about both failed to make weight and there trainer decided theyd be 2 light to fight at the higher weight
Old 02-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #30386
2punch tony
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton View Post
Lads have any of yous got your tickets for the Casey fight yet? I book mine with Ticketgroup but nothing has come out yet. Are they more of the tickets will be sent out the week of the fight or a day before?
Paddy Mcdonagh has got some bought one of him tonight
2punch tony is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #30387
TwoFistedPiston
Wheres my last account?!?
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
from faranree myself
dont mind him hes just a troll shouldnt have got into it with him but mad a gowl outta him so how bad
and the 2 lads you were askin about both failed to make weight and there trainer decided theyd be 2 light to fight at the higher weight
Yeah Ward was fairly big for 71 before christmas.. You think he'll go for 75 next year or try make 69??
TwoFistedPiston is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #30388
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2punch tony View Post
Paddy Mcdonagh has got some bought one of him tonight
got mine of hyde the week they went on sale
Old 02-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #30389
BK99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
from faranree myself
Faranree, ur a norry so I've plenty friends from dat side of da river and i must say, ye're way better craic U must be a sunnyside man so! Nice one for the info on those fellas too bud! Strange one tho i must say Waste of training for months to both not make the weight!
BK99 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #30390
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFistedPiston View Post
Yeah Ward was fairly big for 71 before christmas.. You think he'll go for 75 next year or try make 69??
dont have a clue

Quote:
Faranree, ur a norry so I've plenty friends from dat side of da river and i must say, ye're way better craic U must be a sunnyside man so! Nice one for the info on those fellas too bud! Strange one tho i must say Waste of training for months to both not make the weight!
turners cross aint bad do been down there drinkin loads b4 city matches
aye trained up there for a few years just kinds going back 2 it last couple weeks,seems strange to me alright only think i can think of is d 2 of theme were using the same scales mabye in the club and they were ****ed

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum