Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #31846
BamBam
The Brick Fist Mafia
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

I had a look pre fight and I was going to back round 9. I think it was around 9/1 - 12/1
BamBam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #31847
Tommy O C
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 321

Had my first session on the pads with Michael Carruth tonight. Think im doin pretty well. Sparring next week
Tommy O C is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #31848
BamBam
The Brick Fist Mafia
ESB Addict

Good man Tommy. Are you enjoying it? What do you find the hardest things going from being a joe soaper to a boxer?

Tell us all about it!
BamBam is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #31849
Tommy O C
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!
ESB Addict

Im loving it bambam. The first week i was stiff out afterwards but im gettin into it now and my fitness has come on leaps and bounds. We only have one boxing session and one strength session a week but ive been running, skipping, shadow boxing and bit of weights in my own time as well. My right shoulder was acting up a bit alright tonight but thats the only negative so far. Not being smart but watching so much boxing definitely gave me an edge on some of the other lads from the start. Just already knowing the basics and little things like that. Definitely gonna be joining a club after the white collars over. Im only 22 so its not like im taking up too late in life.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #31850
BamBam
The Brick Fist Mafia
ESB Addict

22. Jaysus you're only a young pup. Sounds like you're getting a lot out of it. I take it you have the motivation to stick with it. Seems like a good buzz anyway.

How long until the big night anyway?
BamBam is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #31851
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
22. Jaysus you're only a young pup. Sounds like you're getting a lot out of it. I take it you have the motivation to stick with it. Seems like a good buzz anyway.

How long until the big night anyway?
exactly. At 22 Tommy you could be the next Cinderella man No seriously keep it up. Wait till you start doing 3 minute rounds on the pads!!!
paddymickey is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #31852
Jonny The Hips
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Amir Khan Interview: I am not looking past McCloskey
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Kiko Martinez: Fear not finance reason Frampton wouldn't fight me.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Jonny The Hips is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #31853
Tommy O C
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!
ESB Addict

motivation wont be a problem I know ive only started so the buzz may wear off a bit but I love it. Im working muscles I aint used before and it feels great. Ive already got a club sorted for once I finish. Im not saying Im any good, I honestly dont know but I love the fitness aspect of it. Fight nights 30 April. Gonna need song suggestions for my ringwalk too leaning towards the Rocky choon at the min. Its tacky but it gets me going
Old 03-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #31854
Tommy O C
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!
ESB Addict

and thanks for the support lads. Forgot to mention that
Old 03-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #31855
Jonny The Hips
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Tommy- was thinking about running a white collar with the rugby club in the off season- one of the lads kissed my younger sister- so ive all ready called him out. But they do pretty tough fitness over the summer as it. do you reckon it would be too much to do two nights of that training as well as two nights of hard graft in the gym!
Jonny The Hips is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #31856
BamBam
The Brick Fist Mafia
ESB Addict

Nah be original Tommy. Get something you want for a ringwalk. If it was me I'd have 'I'm too ***y' by Right said Fred or '**** like a Beast' by WASP

I'd love to give it a go and I've trained hard before. I've good cardio and a hard head but my body is soft as **** (apart from the important area smart ****s!) from all the gargle.
BamBam is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 06:48 PM   #31857
misticmonk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

I think Kiko would make for a very good scrap with Carl but there is no need to rush and the traditional route of British, Commonwealth, European then world would be right and give Carl the chance to build reputation and experience and not get taken advantage of in negociations.

Also, quite excited at the prospect of Mike Perez taking part in the international prizefighter. It could prove perfect for him at with the situation here at home it could well prove one of his few chances for serious advancement. Rankings wise I think the Cubans have gone as far as they can in Ireland.
misticmonk is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #31858
misticmonk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy O C View Post
motivation wont be a problem I know ive only started so the buzz may wear off a bit but I love it. Im working muscles I aint used before and it feels great. Ive already got a club sorted for once I finish. Im not saying Im any good, I honestly dont know but I love the fitness aspect of it. Fight nights 30 April. Gonna need song suggestions for my ringwalk too leaning towards the Rocky choon at the min. Its tacky but it gets me going
Good man Tommy as you are our own East Side Boxing (ESB) boxer I was think we could call you Tommy "Electric" O C and you ring walk could be "Fight the power"

What ye think
misticmonk is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #31859
emh2112
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Lads how good was Steve Collins in your opinion? I believe he is one of the most underestimated Irish sports stars of all time, I can't remember when was the last time i watched a boxing match on sky sports without somebody making reference to the "great" Benn and Eubanks and Collins beat the both of them, He was hard as nails. I'd just like to get some other peoples thoughts
emh2112 is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #31860
Tommy O C
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!
ESB Addict

Johnny if theyre in good shape Id say theyd be able for it. I mean i wasnt in any shape when i started but now after a few weeks i could definitely take 4 sessions. Its about whether they have the dedication and time with work, family etc.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum