Old 09-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #37876
RobertRogan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Breen View Post
..championship rounds coming up robert and prescott is fading..
Yes. Body work paying off!!
RobertRogan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #37877
RobertRogan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Great fight. Very close.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #37878
RobertRogan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRogan View Post
Great fight. Very close.
Fair play to Paul and great work from his corner as well. I think he beats maidana, if he can avoid the big shots. Maidana slower and shorter reach than Prescott.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #37879
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Yes. Body work paying off!!
..great stuff Paul..outboxed and outfought Prescott..good jodb that ****in McCrory isn't a judge..
Pat Breen is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #37880
RobertRogan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
..great stuff Paul..outboxed and outfought Prescott..good jodb that ****in McCrory isn't a judge..
Pat, I'm just glad Dave Parris wasn't the ref. Would have stopped it in the first round for sure on the "knockdown."
Old 09-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #37881
leighton
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 650

I had Prescott winning the fight by a round. Those early rounds he dominated Paul and with the Knockdown I had him shading it. Paul looked strong in the latter rounds and made Prescott look stupid in the latter rounds good fight. Just wish he would put up his gaurd at times against heavier punchers and it could be all over.

Frampton looked good as well good nights work he looked relaxed and done it easy. I hope that they can sort Carl out with the European title shot with Kiko. Quigg at the end I have seen flaws in his preformace and he needs to fight Kiko. Quigg his next fight is going to be the hardest fight of his 20 odd fights he has had so far. Hopefully for Carl if they can sort out the Kiko fight before Xmas it will be good maybe him headling a venue in Belfast on his own will be on the cards again.
leighton is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #37882
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Fair play to Paul and great work from his corner as well. I think he beats maidana, if he can avoid the big shots. Maidana slower and shorter reach than Prescott.
..infairness, Prescott upped his game tonight and worked well off the jab but McCloskey took his best shots and still kept coming, one thing I would say, McCloskey needs to get a World title shot a soon as possible because his reflexes have been slowing over the last eighteen months..
Old 09-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #37883
RobertRogan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
..infairness, Prescott upped his game tonight and worked well off the jab but McCloskey took his best shots and still kept coming, one thing I would say, McCloskey needs to get a World title shot a soon as possible because his reflexes have been slowing over the last eighteen months..
Agreed. Noticed that tonight.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #37884
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton View Post
I had Prescott winning the fight by a round. Those early rounds he dominated Paul and with the Knockdown I had him shading it. Paul looked strong in the latter rounds and made Prescott look stupid in the latter rounds good fight. Just wish he would put up his gaurd at times against heavier punchers and it could be all over.

Frampton looked good as well good nights work he looked relaxed and done it easy. I hope that they can sort Carl out with the European title shot with Kiko. Quigg at the end I have seen flaws in his preformace and he needs to fight Kiko. Quigg his next fight is going to be the hardest fight of his 20 odd fights he has had so far. Hopefully for Carl if they can sort out the Kiko fight before Xmas it will be good maybe him headling a venue in Belfast on his own will be on the cards again.
..what ****in knockdown, referees mistake..
Old 09-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #37885
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Pat, I'm just glad Dave Parris wasn't the ref. Would have stopped it in the first round for sure on the "knockdown."
..ha ha exactly Robert..him and Mickey Vann , that little ****er was Ricky Hattons "Guardian Angel"
Old 09-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #37886
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Agreed. Noticed that tonight.
..what did you think of wee Carl tonight..
Old 09-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #37887
Big J
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Thought Dudey got out of jail tonight... I had it a draw- but the KD was bullshit IMO.

Had a dream last night that he was KD in 1st round but went on to win on points. Paul looked slow tonight- don't know if its due to father time or because hes not been fighting enough? Showed a good chin at times but needs to improve a lot if hes taking on Maidana next.
Big J is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #37888
RobertRogan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
..what did you think of wee Carl tonight..
Missed frampton tonight entirely. Sounds like he took care of business. How'd he look?
Old 09-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #37889
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
Missed frampton tonight entirely. Sounds like he took care of business. How'd he look?
He looked fantastic albeit against a very poor opponent. Was patient in his approach and systematically broke his opponent down.

On another note, McCloskey found his level tonight. His performance tonight just cememted my view that he would lose to all the top guys in the division. He showed great determination and grit in the latter half of the fight.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #37890
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

I had dudey by a round, it was a tight fight, the KD looked soft but I need to see it on TV. But what a comeback, McCloskey showed real heart tonight, he fully deserved that - but you cant call it a bad decision if either man go that decision.

Dudey said at the post fight presser that he could feel Prescott wince with the big single body shots he was landing and once he got him on the backfoot the fight changed in his favour. Hearn will get a world title shot in the next fight. Brilliant win and Frampton was a different fighter to the Turley fight.
gasman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum