Old 09-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #37891
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J View Post
Thought Dudey got out of jail tonight... I had it a draw- but the KD was bullshit IMO.

Had a dream last night that he was KD in 1st round but went on to win on points. Paul looked slow tonight- don't know if its due to father time or because hes not been fighting enough? Showed a good chin at times but needs to improve a lot if hes taking on Maidana next.
..got to disagree with you there bud, Maidana is smaller and slower than Prescott..I think McCloskey has a much easier time against Maidana..but you are right about father time catcing up with Paul, reflexes are not what they were a couple of years ago..I have refereed and watched Paul since he was an eleven year old kid and that was the first time I have seen him have to take the fight to his opponent, in saying that, he proved he has true grit when the chips were down to take the fight to a puncher like Prescott..
Pat Breen is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #37892
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Breen View Post
..got to disagree with you there bud, Maidana is smaller and slower than Prescott..I think McCloskey has a much easier time against Maidana..but you are right about father time catcing up with Paul, reflexes are not what they were a couple of years ago..I have refereed and watched Paul since he was an eleven year old kid and that was the first time I have seen him have to take the fight to his opponent, in saying that, he proved he has true grit when the chips were down to take the fight to a puncher like Prescott..
Pat dont talk shite, Madiana is a much better fighter than prescott as his resume proves. I dont think Dudey would go past 9 rounds if he faces Madiana.
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #37893
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRogan View Post
Missed frampton tonight entirely. Sounds like he took care of business. How'd he look?
...Carl needs to do what he has been doing since he was a kid, use his undoubted boxing skills, he is trying to hard to please the media and live up to McGuigans predictions..I haven't seen Carl box to his true potential since he beat David Oliver Joyce in the Senior final..He was trying too hard to please and look relaxed tonight, droppiing his hands and admiring his combinations, against better opponents he won't get away with that..
Old 09-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #37894
Shamrock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Great win for the irish, now McCloskey has confidence and is ready to rematch Khan..the rematch is fair pickings and McCloskey has shown he can survive early pressure and bring it home.
Shamrock is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #37895
misticmonk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

When it ended I was hoping Paul got the draw 114-114 but felt it was going to be 114=113 to Prescott.
misticmonk is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #37896
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
Pat dont talk shite, Madiana is a much better fighter than prescott as his resume proves. I dont think Dudey would go past 9 rounds if he faces Madiana.
..Prescott sparked Khan, Khan beat Maidana and took his best shots, McCloskey beat Prescott at his own game.. btw if you want to insult me, I am in the Stadium at most national champs.. anybody there will point you in the right direction
Old 09-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #37897
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
..Prescott sparked Khan, Khan beat Maidana and took his best shots, McCloskey beat Prescott at his own game.. btw if you want to insult me, I am in the Stadium at most national champs.. anybody there will point you in the right direction
thanks but im grand Pat, not going looking for a fight over the internet.

But I have to call you on complete shite talk, which you are talking now. Madiana is a far better fighter than Prescott. Ask anyone who has seen the two fight
Old 09-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #37898
puca
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 697

Quote:
Good man Pat another saturday fight night another row
Thought Dudey was lucky to get it i had a draw but only just,Anyone got the full results from the undercard.
puca is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #37899
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by puca View Post
Thought Dudey was lucky to get it i had a draw but only just,Anyone got the full results from the undercard.
Pats had a pint or five tonight id say
Old 09-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #37900
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
thanks but im grand Pat, not going looking for a fight over the internet.

But I have to call you on complete shite talk, which you are talking now. Madiana is a far better fighter than Prescott. Ask anyone who has seen the two fight
..but I am asking you sport, you havent made a valid reason why Maidana would win..and btw, I wasn't talking about the internet ,little lady
Old 09-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #37901
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
..but I am asking you sport, you havent made a valid reason why Maidana would win..and btw, I wasn't talking about the internet ,little lady
Because Madiana is a better fighter than Prescott. Paul while he has a good defence is not exactly unhitable or unhurtable as shown in the Prescott fight. Madianas power is also proven at a far higher level than Prescott's who has never ko'ed a notable opponent besides Khan.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #37902
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puca View Post
..goddam Paul by two rounds, puca,anyway, thought I'd stir things up a bit , you lads being too nice to each other!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #37903
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Great win for the irish, now McCloskey has confidence and is ready to rematch Khan..the rematch is fair pickings and McCloskey has shown he can survive early pressure and bring it home.
GOOD ON YE SHAMROCK, true Irishman, only a few of us left..load of ****in Columbian symhatisers on board tonight
Old 09-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #37904
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Because Madiana is a better fighter than Prescott. Paul while he has a good defence is not exactly unhitable or unhurtable as shown in the Prescott fight. Madianas power is also proven at a far higher level than Prescott's who has never ko'ed a notable opponent besides Khan.
..ha ha..you are an idiot, plain and simple..
Old 09-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #37905
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Quote:
GOOD ON YE SHAMROCK, true Irishman, only a few of us left..load of ****in Columbian symhatisers on board tonight
+1

**** Prescott. Dudey won fair and square
gasman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum