Old 09-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #44836
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

vCash: 1153
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfists View Post
Why would it ? are Frampton and the Tigers bay crowd Loyalists ?
Frampton is a protesant, but I don't know his politics and quite frankly don't want to know. But where is is from is a staunchly loyalist area, and has it's fair share of headbangers like a lot of other areas in Belfast. These guys should switch off their opinions for the night and enjoy the boxing, but I've a feeling that this might not happen.
ardy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #44837
ó Cuinneagáin
Tree hugger
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy View Post
Frampton is a protesant, but I don't know his politics and quite frankly don't want to know. But where is is from is a staunchly loyalist area, and has it's fair share of headbangers like a lot of other areas in Belfast. These guys should switch off their opinions for the night and enjoy the boxing, but I've a feeling that this might not happen.
His fiancée is catholic, so it's extremely doubtfull that he's a sectarian bigot. He always comes across as a respectable young lad in interviews. I hope these "fans" cop the fúck on in future.
ó Cuinneagáin is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #44838
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

vCash: 1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by ó Cuinneagáin View Post
His fiancée is catholic, so it's extremely doubtfull that he's a sectarian bigot. He always comes across as a respectable young lad in interviews. I hope these "fans" cop the fúck on in future.
I know Carl is not a bigot, he use to post on this thread until last year, and always came across as a nice kid.

But here is some of the scenes I was refering to, they are singing "the billy boys" at the end of the fracus

I hope we never see this again at a boxing match in Ireland.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OqS5pJ08Zc[/ame]
ardy is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #44839
BK99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I know Carl is not a bigot, he use to post on this thread until last year, and always came across as a nice kid.

But here is some of the scenes I was refering to, they are singing "the billy boys" at the end of the fracus

I hope we never see this again at a boxing match in Ireland.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That looks fairly bad to be honest! The topless guy seems to punch a security guard at the start am I right? And also, at 1:20 is that blood on the floor?
BK99 is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #44840
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

St. James vs T Bay as far as I heard. Both blaming each other for provoking.
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #44841
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

County Down boxer Paul Quinn talks about turning pro and training in London

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SGe20IQliY[/ame]
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #44842
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict

vCash: 542

Quote:
Didn't know that, i just assumed he was catholic/nationalist given he boxed for ireland and not GB in the ams
brickfists is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #44843
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

If they want to start getting physical with each other theres only one place for that - in the ring

hardly the actions of a real boxing fan this gang type alco induced beahviour.
paddymickey is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #44844
Jonny The Hips
Belt holder
ESB Addict

WIN TICKETS TO AN EVENING WITH MIKE TYSON-Oct 10

Barnes believes he will carry World title into the ring for Frampton one day

Ryan Burnett closes in on pro debut

If He Ain't Going to Go Put On A Show says Dee Walsh

Ulster Lightweight champ James Fryers to turn pro in November

Katie Taylor Fanz O'Driscoll as Ireland's most admired sports personality

Defeats for Tolan and Matovu in Scotland last weekend

Scott Quigg would love to put WBA interim title on the line against Frampton if he beats Munroe in November
Jonny The Hips is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #44845
ShamRock15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukekiko View Post
Does anybody know what was exact money reason for fitzy pulling off show taught originally it was down to not being offered enough of a purse but heard today his team was looking for a 45percent cut of his purse for training/managing/promoting seems above the norm and doubt it's true but would be interesting to know the truth if anyone can shine some light on the situation??
No from day one Fitzy came out and said he couldn't agree a fee with his team, so that doesn't really read well for his career, he could be contracted to that team for a certain number of fights so if he can't agree fees he's still under contract or his contract could be for a certain time frame meaning he might just have to let it run down, either way he might not see any action for awhile.
ShamRock15 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #44846
avona bc coach
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 511

any one else here going to this tyson thing next month, dont really know what to expect any ideas ?????
avona bc coach is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #44847
puca
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 697

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamRock15 View Post
No from day one Fitzy came out and said he couldn't agree a fee with his team, so that doesn't really read well for his career, he could be contracted to that team for a certain number of fights so if he can't agree fees he's still under contract or his contract could be for a certain time frame meaning he might just have to let it run down, either way he might not see any action for awhile.
Contracts work both ways though, if Fitz had agreed a figure with his team on signing the contract then they cant just jack up the figure,They could be in breach of contract and a half decent lawyer would make that contract null and void,
45% is a huge percentage i had heard the dolphil crew were giving up 33% that was for training and managment.which although high wasnt too much over the average 30% that seems to be the going rate for manager and trainer.
Is Fitz still with Phil i wonder?I know Phil is involved in KO promotions any idea who else is involved??
With out Dublin lads like Fitz on this show it will be hard to sell.
puca is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #44848
lukekiko
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puca View Post
Contracts work both ways though, if Fitz had agreed a figure with his team on signing the contract then they cant just jack up the figure,They could be in breach of contract and a half decent lawyer would make that contract null and void,
45% is a huge percentage i had heard the dolphil crew were giving up 33% that was for training and managment.which although high wasnt too much over the average 30% that seems to be the going rate for manager and trainer.
Is Fitz still with Phil i wonder?I know Phil is involved in KO promotions any idea who else is involved??
With out Dublin lads like Fitz on this show it will be hard to sell.
Yea doesnt seem possible that they could increase there percentage especially as it would be in his contract, seems bad move by fitz if its just down to wanting a bigger purse.
Near impossible for irish pros to keep busy down south as his inactivity shows he shouldve jumped at the fight, fair enough if the promotors are making money on these shows but there all lucky to break even so not practible to be demanding high purses.
lukekiko is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #44849
Max Banjo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3325

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukekiko View Post
Does anybody know what was exact money reason for fitzy pulling off show taught originally it was down to not being offered enough of a purse but heard today his team was looking for a 45percent cut of his purse for training/managing/promoting seems above the norm and doubt it's true but would be interesting to know the truth if anyone can shine some light on the situation??
managers cut can be between 25%-33% obvioussly depending on who the manager is

trainers cut is around 10%

Thats at the top of the game with a world class team so 45% seems excessive considering the shit job they'e done promoting and managing him this past year....
Max Banjo is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #44850
Max Banjo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3325

Quote:
Did you witness these scenes? I've heard two stories, one person told me it was Tigers Bay fighting St Jame's [ Dee Walsh supporters]. The other story was Tigers Bay fighting McCloskey supporters. It was obviously a sectarian incident, and one we could do without. I wouldn't like to think Carl Frampton future fights will become a no-go for nationalists.

Limerick Leader

BBC

RTE
I was happy to see no trouble and even if i did I wouldnt let it put me off going to see Frampton fight....

You got to expect some trouble when people are on the beer all day you get at cards in the UK all the time......
Max Banjo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum