Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #44911
celtic-warrior
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 230
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

anyone with any sense would stay the feck away from Khan ... bad move IMO
celtic-warrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #44912
fra
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Castlewellan.. Eireann
Posts: 2,695
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic-warrior View Post
anyone with any sense would stay the feck away from Khan ... bad move IMO
yeah hes a ****
fra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #44913
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 75
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Who Knows could be a great move, Nevin is class and that will shine thorugh, Khan wont be in the ring with him, just wish DOJ, Willie Mc and Phil Sutcliffe would follow him into the pro ranks, they are made for it imo !
moorser is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #44914
ShamRock15
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Ryan Coyne gets fight World title shot against Cleverley
ShamRock15 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #44915
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Beautiful Belfast, Ireland
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 1153
Default Re: Irish Boxing

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Boxing Scene


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Irish Examiner


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The News International


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Sports News Ireland


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Fightnews.com
ardy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #44916
leighton
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 650
Default Re: Irish Boxing

The thing is for John Joe Nevin its not a bad move. Put it this way if he can get on some of Khans fights be it in the US or UK as well on the undercard it will be of great benefit for him. Be interested to see who will be his trainer and in his corner. I wonder if they will team him up with someone in the UK or will John Joe pick his own trainers. He has the skil just finding the right trainer will be key for him.
leighton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #44917
McGuinty
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,497
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton View Post
The thing is for John Joe Nevin its not a bad move. Put it this way if he can get on some of Khans fights be it in the US or UK as well on the undercard it will be of great benefit for him. Be interested to see who will be his trainer and in his corner. I wonder if they will team him up with someone in the UK or will John Joe pick his own trainers. He has the skil just finding the right trainer will be key for him.
He's stayin with his amateur trainer.
McGuinty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #44918
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A rebel i came and i'll die the same
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 12406665
Default Re: Irish Boxing

We all know Nevin can box but does he have any power and can he take a punch?
iceman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #44919
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,409
vCash: 227381
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
We all know Nevin can box but does he have any power and can he take a punch?
Exactly why I don't see him scaling the same heights he has as an amateur. Imagine him doing twelve rounds with that Mexican he beat? Those are the type of guys he'll be against when he steps up.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #44920
BamBam
The Brick Fist Mafia
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,416
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Interesting step up for Hyland if that happens. Fortuna blew Cristobal Cruz to bits a couple of fights back. Huge step up and he's clearly being lined up as a lamb to the slaughter to make Fortuna look good. He finally has a chance to make a real mark if this one comes off.

I'd also love to see Phil Sutcliffe go pro. I don't think he shake the world but I think he'd be a very entertaining fighter and probably knock about for EBU titles and give us a lot of exciting nights while putting bums on seats
BamBam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #44921
dutchie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Limerick
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Happy for Nevin,cant understand how more from Olympic team wont go down this route,every sportsperson should try and reach for the top in there given sport.
dutchie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #44922
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,710
vCash: 100
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Exactly why I don't see him scaling the same heights he has as an amateur. Imagine him doing twelve rounds with that Mexican he beat? Those are the type of guys he'll be against when he steps up.
12 rounds are a long way off. He'll biuld up to that in order of 6, 8, 10.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #44923
ó Cuinneagáin
Tree hugger
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Anaclann Dúlra an Traonaigh
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

At least John Joe has good experience in the WSB which should stand to him in the pro ranks.
ó Cuinneagáin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #44924
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 933
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ó Cuinneagáin View Post
At least John Joe has good experience in the WSB which should stand to him in the pro ranks.
This is true. And remember, Nevin is ver skilled with decent defense, great footwork and tremendous accuracy.

In fact, if develops more power as a pro he could be a very decent prospect indeed. It will be all about strenght and conditioning.
Still though - would have been great if he was using shane mc guigan for strength and conditioning and sparring the likes of Frampton.
paddymickey is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:48 AM   #44925
Max Banjo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 3325
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
Interesting step up for Hyland if that happens. Fortuna blew Cristobal Cruz to bits a couple of fights back. Huge step up and he's clearly being lined up as a lamb to the slaughter to make Fortuna look good. He finally has a chance to make a real mark if this one comes off.

I'd also love to see Phil Sutcliffe go pro. I don't think he shake the world but I think he'd be a very entertaining fighter and probably knock about for EBU titles and give us a lot of exciting nights while putting bums on seats
I saw Fortuna last year on the same card where Lee foguth McEwan the boy can bang very exciting and talented young fighter

Paddy is gonna need something special for this

Its just a shame he has to take such a big jump in class going from his last few fights to Fortuna is a massive leap
Max Banjo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013