Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #45556
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,409
vCash: 227381
Default Re: Irish Boxing

As much as I'd like to see the fight (and Deano to bust his head), I can see where McCloskey is coming from. Can't blame him for not being interested.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #45557
McGuinty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfists View Post
Lads I'm thinking about starting boxing training. Any body know of any adult only gyms that are good for beginners around Dublin ? I read online that Mick Dowling used to do the white collar stuff, I'd be interested in doing that if its still running.

Any info would be helpful guys, dying to get back into training asap
Xtreme Fitness in Airside, Swords on Tuesday (8-9) and Friday (6-7).

It's not a club, just classes but Conor Ahern put's on White Collar fight's every so often and trains up there.

Great place and good trainin for a tenner a class.
McGuinty is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #45558
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 3,930
vCash: 75
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Darndale boxing every tues thurs and sat mornings, 5 euro s pop.
moorser is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #45559
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,558
vCash: 933
Default Re: Irish Boxing

the gaa clubs are running more white collars than some of the boxing clubs themselves these days. Great to see though.
paddymickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #45560
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Beautiful Belfast, Ireland
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 1153
Default Re: Irish Boxing

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Donegal Democrat


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Boxing Scene


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Maybe he might come to Ireland also]
RTE

Last edited by ardy; 12-18-2012 at 09:28 AM.
ardy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #45561
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,996
vCash: 174
Default Re: Irish Boxing

hopefully the put on a few in belfast
Paddy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #45562
ShamRock15
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Does anybody think that the timing of Katie Taylor's fight in February is a bad move, I mean the Seniors finish up on the Friday and I would imagine that would decrease the amount of people who go to both so they might not get the numbers they expect.
ShamRock15 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #45563
puca
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,383
vCash: 697
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamRock15 View Post
Does anybody think that the timing of Katie Taylor's fight in February is a bad move, I mean the Seniors finish up on the Friday and I would imagine that would decrease the amount of people who go to both so they might not get the numbers they expect.

Taylor will fill her hall not to sure about the stadium on the friday however.
puca is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #45564
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Beautiful Belfast, Ireland
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 1153
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Expect big announcements to be made soon about the Frampton bill. One is a title fight, and the other is a massive all Irish encounter.
ardy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #45565
ShamRock15
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Personally I think the stadium will fill this year for the finals but the IABA should do more especially this year to promote the Seniors (people who took interest in it during the Olympics won't even know there on) , a lot will depend on what other fights or events are on for the Taylor fight as to whether or not that will sell 2000 tickets, and of course price comes into it.
ShamRock15 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #45566
lukekiko
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy View Post
Expect big announcements to be made soon about the Frampton bill. One is a title fight, and the other is a massive all Irish encounter.
Yea i just seen on Facebook boxing Ireland writing fitzy vs lee is made
lukekiko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #45567
puca
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,383
vCash: 697
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukekiko View Post
Yea i just seen on Facebook boxing Ireland writing fitzy vs lee is made
Yeah and i heard Conlon is getting a title shot either euro or commonwealth,
Feb 9th is going to be some card.
puca is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #45568
ó Cuinneagáin
Tree hugger
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Anaclann Dúlra an Traonaigh
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukekiko View Post
Yea i just seen on Facebook boxing Ireland writing fitzy vs lee is made
ó Cuinneagáin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #45569
Jonny The Hips
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Worlds greatest Katie Taylor still hungry for sucess
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Impressive debut for Jono Carroll late Sunday night
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing rumour mill churns out news of a possible Andy Lee v Anthony Fitzgerald clash on Feb 9
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Matthew Macklin closes in on massive Julio Cesar Chavez Jr clash-
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Tyson Fury hopes to challenge for a world title in The Garden on St Patricks Day
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Taylor's takes the first step on teh Road to Rio in Dublin homecoming on Feb 24
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Selby heads Statesdie to prepare for Lindsay Bout
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PICTURE THIS: Intermediate Championship
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Jonny The Hips is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #45570
McGuinty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny The Hips View Post
Worlds greatest Katie Taylor still hungry for sucess
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Impressive debut for Jono Carroll late Sunday night
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing rumour mill churns out news of a possible Andy Lee v Anthony Fitzgerald clash on Feb 9
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Matthew Macklin closes in on massive Julio Cesar Chavez Jr clash-
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Tyson Fury hopes to challenge for a world title in The Garden on St Patricks Day
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Taylor's takes the first step on teh Road to Rio in Dublin homecoming on Feb 24
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Selby heads Statesdie to prepare for Lindsay Bout
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PICTURE THIS: Intermediate Championship
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Not sure if I fancie Macklin against Chavez. He's not Martinez.. he cant do to Chavez what Martinez did. Chavez is just a freak. Too big and too strong.
McGuinty is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013