boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #7621
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,998
vCash: 174
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter View Post
Well at least we all know his weight division plans once and for all. It's been a question of will he wont he for too long now
yeahs its nearly been a year now!
Paddy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #7622
nutter
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,484
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninebar View Post
According to CHEF, Andy lee may be on the Haye/Klitschko card in Germany.
Good to hear
nutter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:26 AM   #7623
ninebar
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,517
vCash: 2133
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter View Post
Good to hear
Are you flying over for the fight?
ninebar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:13 AM   #7624
cormac
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 465
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Few new things up on irish-boxing.com
cormac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:00 AM   #7625
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Beautiful Belfast, Ireland
Posts: 2,541
vCash: 1153
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormac View Post
Few new things up on irish-boxing.com
Thanks Cormac, do you know who is on the undercard of the Lindsay/Appleby promotion.

News

MALONEY INCREASES DUNNE OFFER
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

SUTHERLAND SPEAKS
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

O'CONNOR ON FROCH-TAYLOR UNDERCARD
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

McDONAGH FOCUSED ON DAWS
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

O'DONNELL CAN DO IT: McGUIGAN
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ardy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:31 AM   #7626
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Beautiful Belfast, Ireland
Posts: 2,541
vCash: 1153
Default Re: Irish Boxing

JACK MAGOWAN, THE COPY BOY WHO BECAME MASTER OF THE CRAFT OF JOURNALISM
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Speaking as a Belfast boxing fan, it's a sad blow to have lost such a great ambassador of the sport here. I would have rated his boxing knowledge on a par with the late Harry Mullen[ former editor of Boxing News], and his articles will be sadly missed. I have been reading his work for close on thirty years now, and it seems a little strange that it has abruptly came to an end.

JACK MAGOWAN R.I.P
ardy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #7627
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy View Post
JACK MAGOWAN, THE COPY BOY WHO BECAME MASTER OF THE CRAFT OF JOURNALISM
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Speaking as a Belfast boxing fan, it's a sad blow to have lost such a great ambassador of the sport here. I would have rated his boxing knowledge on a par with the late Harry Mullen[ former editor of Boxing News], and his articles will be sadly missed. I have been reading his work for close on thirty years now, and it seems a little strange that it has abruptly came to an end.

JACK MAGOWAN R.I.P


ditto ardy, you always knew that if there was conflicting stories on something that happened, Jack Magowan's version would be the one to tell it like it was

RIP
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #7628
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Republic of Mancunia via El Paso Sligo
Posts: 7,922
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathmanc1986 View Post
ditto ardy, you always knew that if there was conflicting stories on something that happened, Jack Magowan's version would be the one to tell it like it was

RIP
Is this the guy that had a pop at McCullough post the Kiko fiasco?
slapbangwhallop is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #7629
fenian 67
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: cork
Posts: 704
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

does anyone know if setanta are showing froch - taylor? if they are we should all pm buncey saying we want to see the danny o connor fight as well.hes supposed to be a wicked body puncher but ive only seen a short clip on you tube
fenian 67 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #7630
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Republic of Mancunia via El Paso Sligo
Posts: 7,922
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenian 67 View Post
does anyone know if setanta are showing froch - taylor? if they are we should all pm buncey saying we want to see the danny o connor fight as well.hes supposed to be a wicked body puncher but ive only seen a short clip on you tube
no one yet, but supposedly Buncey is still workin on it
slapbangwhallop is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #7631
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
Is this the guy that had a pop at McCullough post the Kiko fiasco?

didnt have a pop per se, just pointed out it was a bit unprofessional (and possibly dangerous) to come in so under weight for a fight


wayne didnt cover himself in glory for threatening to hit a 80 yr old man for trying to get his wifes attention to tell her she was wrong



In the past now though, and it would be sad if jack magowan was remembered for this out of 40 yrs experience of reporting in boxing
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #7632
puca
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 697
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Guys there's very little info on the Galway and Lyndsey cards anyone got the full bill for one or both?
I did notice however that both the Galway and Cork shows have heavyweights headlining and lightheavy and light middle undercard fights so the boxing fan in me immediately thinks what if ???
1. Barret versus Perez
Easy win for Perez i would be surprised if Barrett got past the second round.No disrespect to Coley just these guys are in a diffrent class.

2.Waldron versus Power.I see Power winning this after a entertaining crowd pleasing battle.Points win here over 6 or 8 rounds.

3. Reynolds versus O Sullivan another hard hitting entertaining s**** whilst it lasts.Reynolds opponents have been sketchy to say the least.Spike to win by late stoppage,again over 6 or 8
puca is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #7633
fra
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Castlewellan.. Eireann
Posts: 2,846
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by puca View Post
Guys there's very little info on the Galway and Lyndsey cards anyone got the full bill for one or both?
I did notice however that both the Galway and Cork shows have heavyweights headlining and lightheavy and light middle undercard fights so the boxing fan in me immediately thinks what if ???
1. Barret versus Perez
Easy win for Perez i would be surprised if Barrett got past the second round.No disrespect to Coley just these guys are in a diffrent class.

2.Waldron versus Power.I see Power winning this after a entertaining crowd pleasing battle.Points win here over 6 or 8 rounds.

3. Reynolds versus O Sullivan another hard hitting entertaining s**** whilst it lasts.Reynolds opponents have been sketchy to say the least.Spike to win by late stoppage,again over 6 or 8
thats some match making puca
fra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #7634
fra
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Castlewellan.. Eireann
Posts: 2,846
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy View Post
JACK MAGOWAN, THE COPY BOY WHO BECAME MASTER OF THE CRAFT OF JOURNALISM
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Speaking as a Belfast boxing fan, it's a sad blow to have lost such a great ambassador of the sport here. I would have rated his boxing knowledge on a par with the late Harry Mullen[ former editor of Boxing News], and his articles will be sadly missed. I have been reading his work for close on thirty years now, and it seems a little strange that it has abruptly came to an end.

JACK MAGOWAN R.I.P
agree with that... R.I.P
fra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #7635
cormac
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 465
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Sinky Says is extremely interesting this month. Id say it will get tongues wagging!
Also a few other thing on irish-boxing.com
cormac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015