Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #76
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

vCash: 1153
Default Re: Irish Boxing

With all the talk on this site about Duddy and his potential contest with Pavlik.Is there any Irish or Irish-Americans on this site going to the fight to cheer THE DEERY DESTROYER ON.
ardy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2007, 06:24 PM   #77
ml
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I will be attending although I hope he fights a better fighter than Vanda There really is nothing like the atmosphere of a Duddy fight at the "world's greatest arena", the combination of an exciting fighter and the big city make it electric. I went to the Campas, Cuevas, and Bonsante fights. I really hope Andy Lee is on the card. An irish american fighter who I believe is from Hells Kitchen named Mcdermott might be on the card. It will also be fun to see Wlad live plus he will draw a lot of Eastern European fans, which inevitably will fight with Duddy fans.
ml is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:29 PM   #78
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml
I will be attending although I hope he fights a better fighter than Vanda There really is nothing like the atmosphere of a Duddy fight at the "world's greatest arena", the combination of an exciting fighter and the big city make it electric. I went to the Campas, Cuevas, and Bonsante fights. I really hope Andy Lee is on the card. An irish american fighter who I believe is from Hells Kitchen named Mcdermott might be on the card. It will also be fun to see Wlad live plus he will draw a lot of Eastern European fans, which inevitably will fight with Duddy fans.
Are a New York Irish American? Will you travel to Ohio to cheer Duddy on against Pavlik. I'm from Belfast, but I hope to be there myself.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #79
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengloves
keep to derry proud john!
Derry rules !
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #80
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml
Do you know the Irish-American fighter McDermott first name.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #81
ml
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Yea Irish American, I go to a lot of the fights from Boston to Ny. After Micky Ward retired I instantly began to follow Duddy from very early on his career, which I believe many Irish Americans are doing now. Duddy and Pavlik will be a big fight but I can't possibly see it being anywhere other than the east coast. By the way if your interested you can check out a new book called Irish Thunder the Hard Life and Times of Micky Ward if your interested in Irish American boxing. The irish have such a rich history in boxing in the U.S., but unfornately it is a thing of the past.
ml is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #82
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
Derry rules !
I was at The Kings Hall Belfast for Duddy's last fight. About 3000 of the 6500 tickets were sold to Derry men.The Derry people get behind there sports people.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:45 PM   #83
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy
I was at The Kings Hall Belfast for Duddy's last fight. About 3000 of the 6500 tickets were sold to Derry men.The Derry people get behind there sports people.

I watched that one on the RTE webcast.

It would have been good to have been in Belfast thet evening.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:47 PM   #84
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
vCash: 800

Quote:
Are a New York Irish American? Will you travel to Ohio to cheer Duddy on against Pavlik. I'm from Belfast, but I hope to be there myself.
Great more limey fruits coming over here to be embarassed again by one of their meager heros I would be surprised if Duddy would last 12 rounds with Bronco Mckart..silly micks
RealIzm is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #85
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIzm
Great more limey fruits coming over here to be embarassed again by one of their meager heros I would be surprised if Duddy would last 12 rounds with Bronco Mckart..silly micks
You are showing your ignorance - how do you puy limey and mick in the same sentence.I guess your brain is ****ed up from all the in-breeding
iceman is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:53 PM   #86
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml
Yea Irish American, I go to a lot of the fights from Boston to Ny. After Micky Ward retired I instantly began to follow Duddy from very early on his career, which I believe many Irish Americans are doing now. Duddy and Pavlik will be a big fight but I can't possibly see it being anywhere other than the east coast. By the way if your interested you can check out a new book called Irish Thunder the Hard Life and Times of Micky Ward if your interested in Irish American boxing. The irish have such a rich history in boxing in the U.S., but unfornately it is a thing of the past.
Thank you ml, I'm very interested in Irish-American boxing. I will try to get my hands on a copy of that book. I was a bought a recently published book called Legends Of Irish Boxing for Christmas. I cant recommend it as I am yet to read it, but it has grabbed a lot of favorable attention and critical acclaim in the local press.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:58 PM   #87
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

Quote:
Thank you ml, I'm very interested in Irish-American boxing. I will try to get my hands on a copy of that book. I was a bought a recently published book called Legends Of Irish Boxing for Christmas. I cant recommend it as I am yet to read it, but it has grabbed a lot of favorable attention and critical acclaim in the local press.
Laverys was my local - lots of ****ed up weirdos but lots of ***** on the top floor
iceman is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #88
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Don,t worry mate, the Irish fans will respect your national anthem,even though I dont respect you or your ill advised comments. The middleweight title is on loan until Duddy comes to rip it away from "chinny" Pavlik.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #89
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

Quote:
Its a pity you don't have the class of your boy Pavlik
iceman is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 07:05 PM   #90
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman
Laverys was my local - lots of ****ed up weirdos but lots of ***** on the top floor
Your americanism is coming through mucker, we say fanny here, or cant you remember HAHA[ I'm only pissing up your leg acara]
ardy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum