Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy
ANDY LEE: "I'M READY FOR PAVLIK NOW"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ardy I'm having a problem with that link can you send it again.
mickrick1 is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #948
greengloves
Contender
ESB Senior Member

good to see dunne making a comeback,his next 3 fights are absolutly crucial for his progress and it will be great to see how he copes against a lesser opponent after being stopped.smart fight making from peters.
greengloves is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #949
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

vCash: 1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrick1
Ardy I'm having a problem with that link can you send it again.
Hello Mick, It wont link, but you can read it on boxing scene.com
ardy is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #950
greengloves
Contender
ESB Senior Member

andy lee challenging for a world title by the end of '08,i dont know what to think of it,he's really got the talent to go on and dominate the mw division,but do you not think that it's a bit early to be going for such a step up in class,Vera is a good challenge next month,if he goes in and does a very tidy job it will be interesting to see what progress is made from there.
greengloves is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #951
mickrick1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Hello Mick, It wont link, but you can read it on boxing scene.com
Cheers Ardy.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #952
mickrick1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengloves
andy lee challenging for a world title by the end of '08,i dont know what to think of it,he's really got the talent to go on and dominate the mw division,but do you not think that it's a bit early to be going for such a step up in class,Vera is a good challenge next month,if he goes in and does a very tidy job it will be interesting to see what progress is made from there.
I would agree Green Gloves that there is no rush. No matter what he or Manny thinks he is still learning his trade and has plenty of time on his side. He hasn't fought anybody in the top 20 yet. After the Vera fight, all going well, they should start to ramp the standard of his opposition. At that rate you would feel by mid to late '09 he should be ready for a crack at Pavlik or whoever the main title holder is then. He would certainly appear to have the skills, body shape and power to make him a serious force at MW/SMW/LHW.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:19 PM   #953
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Quote:
I would agree Green Gloves that there is no rush. No matter what he or Manny thinks he is still learning his trade and has plenty of time on his side. He hasn't fought anybody in the top 20 yet. After the Vera fight, all going well, they should start to ramp the standard of his opposition. At that rate you would feel by mid to late '09 he should be ready for a crack at Pavlik or whoever the main title holder is then. He would certainly appear to have the skills, body shape and power to make him a serious force at MW/SMW/LHW.
After Vera Lee is scheduled to fight Willie Gibbs, a tough B-level middleweight who got crushed by Miranda a while back.He shouldn't give Lee much trouble either but a good name on the resume nonetheless
iceman is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #954
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengloves
Vera lost badly on the contender - he tried to stand and trade with Jaidon Coddrington and got blasted out in the first rnd.If he tries the same with Lee he won't last much longer.
Lee tko4
iceman is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #955
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

vCash: 1153

BERNARD DUNNE GOES INTO THE WEST

ardy is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #956
fra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
lee needs more time to develop....and improve his competition...before he tackles pavlik....does anyone know if lee will be fighting in ireland again soon
fra is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 03:55 PM   #957
fra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
BERNARD DUNNE GOES INTO THE WEST

dunne....castlebar.....is that a big place
fra is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #958
mickrick1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fra
dunne....castlebar.....is that a big place
Probably the biggest town in Mayo as far as population is concerned. A bit off the beaten track though. The venue sounds good so this could have been a factor - also Brian Peters has stated that he wants to bring boxing to the provincial towns of Ireland.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #959
mickrick1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman
After Vera Lee is scheduled to fight Willie Gibbs, a tough B-level middleweight who got crushed by Miranda a while back.He shouldn't give Lee much trouble either but a good name on the resume nonetheless
Iceman - is the Gibbs fight 10 April - I checked out Boxrec and they show this date for Lee but no named opponent yet. If he can get past both Vera and Gibbs in an impressive manner his stature will definitely rise - also that's 3fights in less than 10 weeks - no messing about.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:41 PM   #960
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

Quote:
Iceman - is the Gibbs fight 10 April - I checked out Boxrec and they show this date for Lee but no named opponent yet. If he can get past both Vera and Gibbs in an impressive manner his stature will definitely rise - also that's 3fights in less than 10 weeks - no messing about.
Mick - someone posted this schedule that Manny wanted for Lee for the rest of this year.

March 21st - Vera
April 10th - Willie Gibbs
Early may - Howard Eastman
Late June _ Winky Wright
November - Pavlik

Steward said he he and Arum had agreed to the November date if Lee came through the rest of the schedule unscathed.

The WW fight confuses me - i see no reason why Winky would want to fight Lee and a fight with Winky is too risky for Lee.However is he beats the other 3 then his resume should be good enough to get him a shot at Pavlik - i still think he is being rushed a bit.
iceman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum