Old 12-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #91
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy
Your americanism is coming through mucker, we say fanny here, or cant you remember HAHA[ I'm only pissing up your leg acara]
In America a fanny is a birds ass.***** avoids any confusion
iceman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2007, 07:10 PM   #92
ml
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I really can't see how anyone who likes boxing and wants it to go in a positive direction can't be fans of both Duddy and Pavlik. They are both gentleman who actually are good ambassadors for the sport and on top of that they always come and lay it on the line. I guarantee when this fight occurs their wont be any trash talking in the promotion. BTW Ardy there is also a new biography on the great Billy Conn, but I cant remember the name of it.

Last edited by JETSKI; 11-25-2006 at 04:47 PM.
ml is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #93
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

vCash: 1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman
In America a fanny is a birds ass.***** avoids any confusion
I know Iceman, I was only slagging. Where abouts back home are you from. Do you know that old Slutter [God bless him] lives in Chicago too.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #94
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml
I really can't see how anyone who likes boxing and wants it to go in a positive direction can't be fans of both Duddy and Pavlik. They are both gentleman who actually are good ambassadors for the sport and on top of that they always come and lay it on the line. I guarantee when this fight occurs their wont be any trash talking in the promotion. BTW Ardy there is also a new biography on the great Billy Conn, but I cant remember the name of it.
Ml, I'm only getting defensive about Duddy. I stayed up to 5am to watch Pavlik defeat boring Taylor. I cheered that loud when he landed the knockout blows on Taylor, I woke my wife and kids up.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #95
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Quote:
I know Iceman, I was only slagging. Where abouts back home are you from. Do you know that old Slutter [God bless him] lives in Chicago too.
Cushendall

I didn't know that miserable old bastard lived in Chicago - most jackines here are sound
iceman is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #96
Shamrock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You are showing your ignorance - how do you puy limey and mick in the same sentence.I guess your brain is ****ed up from all the in-breeding
thats too ****ing real
Shamrock is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #97
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Cushendall

I didn't know that miserable old bastard lived in Chicago - most jackines here are sound
I worked in an old peoples home in Cushendall when it was getting built in 1988.

You have proabley had a drink with old Sutter in one of the Irish bars in Chicago. Do you do not remember him. He was the old Dub running down all the Irish boxers.HAHA
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #98
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock
thats too ****ing real
Hello Shamrock, have you recovered from your Christmas hang-over. I used to drink sconers of tooes new [ not the right spelling] when I lived in Sydney.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #99
Shamrock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Hello Shamrock, have you recovered from your Christmas hang-over. I used to drink sconers of tooes new [ not the right spelling] when I lived in Sydney.
Don't have that in NZ ardy, believe it mate, I was drinking Guinness! the only one at Valentines doing it, and I was wearing a shirt with shamrocks all over it plus Boxing team Ireland - High Performance Team.
Shamrock is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #100
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock
Don't have that in NZ ardy, believe it mate, I was drinking Guinness! the only one at Valentines doing it, and I was wearing a shirt with shamrocks all over it plus Boxing team Ireland - High Performance Team.
Yeah friend, Gary Keegan and Billy Walsh are doing a brilliant job with the high performance programe.
You talking about drinking Guinness down under reminds me of a story. I drank in a bar/hotel called the Allawah Hotel. It bordered Allawah and Hurstville in the suburbs of Sydney. About 50% of the clientele who drank in it were Irish.Well, we Irish hounded the owners of the bar to put Guinness on tap.I particapated in this campaign, even though I wasn't a Guinness drinker. The owner eventually succumbed to our demands, and put the guinness on tap. The next time I entered the bar, the barmaid smiled at me and automatically poured me a sconer of Guinness. Shamrock I had to soon learn how to enjoy our national drink, because I wasn,t getting anything else.

Last edited by ardy; 12-27-2007 at 06:07 AM.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 06:31 PM   #101
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

The more shit I hear about Pavlik, the more I disagree.I cant wait until Duddy or Lee puts that redneck in his place. UP THE IRISH.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 06:50 PM   #102
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
The more shit I hear about Pavlik, the more I disagree.I cant wait until Duddy or Lee puts that redneck in his place. UP THE IRISH.
Damn Ardy, I have been very respectful (as have other non-Irish posters) to Irish boxing, the fighters, and RTE for making great Irish fights available via internet. Your hate of Pavlik is unfounded sir.

I had given praise to B. Dunne and wish him a strong come back, Matt Macklin (although neither has fought world level guys yet), and Duddy and Lee are looking tremendous. Please don't hate on Pavlik for no good reason, as you seem an extremely knowledgeable and sensible man.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #103
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched
Damn Ardy, I have been very respectful (as have other non-Irish posters) to Irish boxing, the fighters, and RTE for making great Irish fights available via internet. Your hate of Pavlik is unfounded sir.

I had given praise to B. Dunne and wish him a strong come back, Matt Macklin (although neither has fought world level guys yet), and Duddy and Lee are looking tremendous. Please don't hate on Pavlik for no good reason, as you seem an extremely knowledgeable and sensible man.
Well said , what makes it worse is most of us(Irish) realise Duddy isn't good enough to beat Pavlik and it'll probably be a matter of how long he lasts .

Duddy can beat the likes of Sylvester, Asikainen and maybe even Sturm........but Pavlik, Taylor and Abraham(unless he's weight drained) no chance .
Big Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #104
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched

I apoligise if i have offended.It's just I hear a lot of disrespectful comments being aimed at my fellow countryman John Duddy, and sometimes its nice to bite back.I certyainly dont hate Kelly Pavlik, but these guys who know f..k all about boxing and come on supporting Pavlik because he's white make me sick.
ardy is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #105
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears
Well said , what makes it worse is most of us(Irish) realise Duddy isn't good enough to beat Pavlik and it'll probably be a matter of how long he lasts .

Duddy can beat the likes of Sylvester, Asikainen and maybe even Sturm........but Pavlik, Taylor and Abraham(unless he's weight drained) no chance .
Hello Big Ears, good to see you posting friend. I hope all is well with you and your loved ones this holiday season.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum