Old 11-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #13546
barry big balls
You cant handle the truth
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnx View Post
On weekends fight-if Andy Lee's as good as Manny Stewart keeps sayin he is he's gonna have to start showin it.If he keeps fightin like that no one will be lookin forward to watchin him fight.It's about entertaining the fans-and entertaining it wasn't.Truth is the opponent was garbage and looked scared for the first few rounds.He hadnt been stopped-so what,he's 35 and fought no one.No doubt Andy can improve-lets hope he does.Duddy's an average fighter but il always try to see his fights cos it might just be a thriller.Sayin that he should have too much for Chavez jnr-pretty much killed his career with that terrible display on the biggest bill of the year.
Trying to impress foolish people like you is the reason why andy has a loss.... the man is a gifted boxer not a ko artist. he has to think about getting himself to the top 1st nevermind impressing you.
barry big balls is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #13547
johnx
Journeyman

He'l want to get paid along the way,.surely.Not bout impressin me-its about impressing casual sport fans.To be honest he doesnt look that gifted-he's had 21 pro fights so should be well on his way.
johnx is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 10:03 AM   #13548
barry big balls
You cant handle the truth
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnx View Post
He'l want to get paid along the way,.surely.Not bout impressin me-its about impressing casual sport fans.To be honest he doesnt look that gifted-he's had 21 pro fights so should be well on his way.
Its like this now with andy if he gets another loss it could set him back one maybe two years before he gets a shot at a world title so he has to be careful. hassan ndam jikam couldnt ko belghecham neither and he is ranked much higher than andy and a better record than him too, so i wouldnt be to worried that andy couldnt get rid of him either. the only thing im worried about is andys chin because he did get buzzed on saturday but that might have looked worse than it was....
barry big balls is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #13549
johnx
Journeyman

With Abraham movin up you'd think a world title should be a real possibility for Macklin and Lee providing they dont fight Pavlik.Other titlist are decent but not amazin.Who knows-maybe Duddy can get a fight with Yuri Foreman for WBA Lt-Middle title.Hardly a fighter to strike fear into anyone with just 9 KOs.
johnx is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #13550
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

lee looked good imo

its hard to look good against such a negative opponent

i think he was just going through the motions in the final round or so and got caught

its all a learning experience for him and he will come good imo

would like to see him in with someone like howard eastman and a rematch with vera before he gos any further
moorser is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #13551
nutter
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Casey impresses in Limerick
14 November 2009 - By Cormac Campbell Willie Casey was the standout of the University of Limerick undercard – scoring an impressive sixth round stoppage of Michael O’Gara.
Local boy Casey was dominant throughout, throwing powerful, fast combinations that busted up, cut and broke down his game opponent. The southpaw featherweight, now 3-0, will be hoping to move quickly as aged 27 (28 in December) he does not have time on his side. He will most likely have to wait until the New Year before he returns to action, having picked up a cut above the left eye in the fourth round after shipping a right hand on the ropes.
Casey was at times over eager. Understandable when it is considered that it was his hometown debut, however his initial refusal to touch gloves at the start of the final round rightly brought reprimand from referee Emile Tiedt. Casey eventually acquiesced before unleashing a rapid attack that saw the fight’s conclusion after 37 seconds of the round.
--
Jamie Power (7-1) returned to action following a third round stoppage to Michael Sweeney in September with a fifth round stoppage of Aleksandrs Dunecs. Power, fighting at light-heavy, employed impressive body punching to bend Dunecs in half. The Limerick man is strong and aggressive, but could drop down to super-middleweight – a division in which he would be well placed to claim the Irish title.
--
The disappointment of the evening was Matt O’Brien. The Canadian had come to Limerick with much expectation following a side swipe at Dubliner Jim Rock. However, fighting for the first time since a defeat to former John Duddy foe Walid Smichet in March 2007, he looked stiff and short of ideas against the wild Jean Kamdoum. In truth, O’Brien, who advanced to 18-1, seemed fortunate to pick up a 58-57 points victory.
--
John Waldron put in a solid performance against Martins Kukuls to extend his record to 4-2. Ballyhaunis light-heavyweight Waldron was in control for much of the contest and was value for a points victory – probably at a wider margin than the official reading of 58-57.
--
Lee Murtagh, who next month takes on Anthony Fitzgerald for the Irish super-middleweight title opened the card with a solid points victory over Martin Glerke. Asides from picking up a bloody nose, the Belfast born Leedsman dominated throughought, picking combinations and appearing to hurt his opponent with body shots in the sixth and final round. 36-year-old Murtagh improves to 26-11-1-1.
Stay tuned to irish-boxing.com this week for interviews with Andy Lee, Matthew Macklin and Gerry Coyle.
nutter is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #13552
Boxing Girl
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: 3 time Award winning Boxing radio show hostess. Follow me at Twitter @JennaOnTheRopes
vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Id say that its the money that has him taking this fight!
Your scam is up, I know everything and now only real ratings tell the story

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Boxing Girl is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #13553
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Girl View Post
Your scam is up, I know everything and now only real ratings tell the story

what the scam would that be?

The scam that i actually do things to help the sport?

have you ever even gone to an amateur show

actually id be surprised if you went to see a pro fight

Fraud....dont make me laugh!

now if you have anything to say about irish boxing your more than welcome to stay if not there doors over there
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #13554
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry big balls View Post
Trying to impress foolish people like you is the reason why andy has a loss.... the man is a gifted boxer not a ko artist. he has to think about getting himself to the top 1st nevermind impressing you.
The reason he has a loss is because he took his opponent for granted and trained for a 4 round fight.
iceman is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #13555
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
The reason he has a loss is because he took his opponent for granted and trained for a 4 round fight.
I cant say if he trained for a four round fight or not but it was his conditioning let him down that night not his chin
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #13556
celtic-warrior
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I cant say if he trained for a four round fight or not but it was his conditioning let him down that night not his chin
didn't he have the flu or something...
celtic-warrior is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #13557
Boxing Girl
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: 3 time Award winning Boxing radio show hostess. Follow me at Twitter @JennaOnTheRopes

Quote:

what the scam would that be?

The scam that i actually do things to help the sport?

have you ever even gone to an amateur show

actually id be surprised if you went to see a pro fight

Fraud....dont make me laugh!

now if you have anything to say about irish boxing your more than welcome to stay if not there doors over there
Andy Lee KO7 over John Duddy

ps.

I saw Ricky Hatton vs. Louis Collazo at the TD banknorth Garden and I saw Antonio Tarver vs. Danny Santiago at Foxwoods....and you are a fraud cause you tried to Claim that you're shitty show was really making big ratings off a small boxing site like FightH.ype.com over ESB, and was really the number 1 overall show at blogtalk radio....but we both know thats not true and both know where that traffic was from
Old 11-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #13558
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

I think Brian Peters should aim to get Anthony Mundine over here for a fight in Q1 next year. Then go after Geale or Zbik. Big international names. then possibly Winky end of next year. It will get him a title shot if Macklin failed against Pirog. If Duddy were to lose to chaez Jr that might be an option too (Chavez Jr).
paddymickey is online now  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #13559
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Girl View Post
Andy Lee KO7 over John Duddy

Your hole woman - Duddy ko 8 Lee
iceman is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #13560
Boxing Girl
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
Your hole woman - Duddy ko 8 Lee

Duddy lost to f*cking Billy Lyell Brian Vera could ice Billy Lyell...Andy Lee has a far better skill set and much better training...Lee KO's Duddy and if not he wins a wide Decision.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum