Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-19-2007, 06:45 AM   #1
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default someone help johnny lewis please

I have said it before the poor old prick is losing his marbles. he quoted to grantlea keiza (courier mail) in a recent article that he saw drews training in germany and he looked "awesome".

now hoever he is telling nick walshaw (daily tele) he is the worst champion ever?

if he was one of my dogs I would have shot him by now.

guess he is still counting the missed millions for telling green he won't train him cause he'll never make it. guess he was sort of right as he didn't make it once, but twice!
shiner is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: someone help johnny lewis please

but it is true sometimes someone can look like a superstar in training but in the ring never live up to expectation, or fight straight out like a *****.....
i didnt know johnny lewis turned down to train green when was this?
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 07:28 AM   #3
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 10151

Johnny Lewis and barry michael both claimed Danny was washed up after his loss to choc
Johnny's pissed he's been made out to be a fool while Barry just kisses Danny's arse these days and makes out as if he's been a Green fan from day 1
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 08:48 AM   #4
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

I have said it before and i'll say it again JOHNNY LEWIS IS A FOOL! He was a great trailer but this is the man who told Green to retire after he lost to Mundine.

I once respected the man but he is a total well PR!CK today he is one of boxings most loved Australian faces and all he does it take shots saying Green should retire he was washed up...Katsidis doesn't have the skills to be world champ, Gee another wrong call there.

Says Choc would not just beat mind you but DESTROY Kessler in a rematch and Johnny my dear old friend I WOULD BET MY HOUSE on it that Kessler is not destroyed. I personally think Kessler would still win but Destory lol hell i'll take that bet Lewis anyday.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner
I have said it before the poor old prick is losing his marbles. he quoted to grantlea keiza (courier mail) in a recent article that he saw drews training in germany and he looked "awesome".

now hoever he is telling nick walshaw (daily tele) he is the worst champion ever?

guess he is still counting the missed millions for telling green he won't train him cause he'll never make it. guess he was sort of right as he didn't make it once, but twice!
...Am I missing something here?

Whats so wrong about what Lewis has said here? Drews may have looked awesome in training, who's to say? He certainly came in the other night in very good shape, his physique was superb.

After his showing the other night, everybody has been calling him the worst champion ever because he put on the worst display I've ever seen from a champion.

Missed millions?!?! Didn't Johnny say he wouldn't train him after the Mundine fight? I fail to see the big money fights Green has had since then. Certainly not big enough for his manager to be making millions anyway.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
Dekkers
Team Bergeron
ESB Senior Member

I think most people thought the fight would be a bit more competitive than what it was, Drews was appalling.
Dekkers is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #7
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

wrong pecks, wrong. old johnny said no after green and fenech split.thats long before green was in BRW'S top sporting earners for '06, in which it had green listed as earning 4.25 million!!! who knows if that is correct,but add on the crawford fight,garcia,asweel as mundine,delisle rematch,murdoch,griffin and the ****ing wba lightheavyweight world title, the coin is serious bikkies.all fights were sell outs and on main event and fox pubs and clubs!!! old johnny would be kicking himself,aswell as the fact green brings class and respect to the boxing game,something old johnny 'supposedly' admires.the funny thing is ,from reliable sources,danny green never new old johnny was asked to train him by one of greens sponsors/mate. evidently he was upset because he never wanted to train with old johnny in the first place,and was spewing the guy had spoken to johnny.
shiner is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #8
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

I agree, Lewis is cheapening his own reputation by sticking his turkey-necked head in the news every 5 minutes claiming he's found another world champion.

I feel he's fallen in love with the spotlight, the silly old fart. He should just pull his head in and STFU.

On a related matter, did anyone see him in Green's corner in the first Delisle fight?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #9
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

bit of stupid thread ...Stipe probably was awsome in training...but when he turned up to defend his title he hardley threw a punch...pretty simple isnt it ?

Thats what Johny was refering to...He expects, as do the rest of us, when a "world champ" steps into the ring to defend his title he ****ing well defends it...

How does that make the man crazy???....
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 12:56 AM   #10
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

as green machine promotions are the promotor Johnny would have only been getting 10% of what danny got paid to fight not what the event generated

still alot of money but not 10% of the entire promotion
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 12:59 AM   #11
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion
bit of stupid thread ...Stipe probably was awsome in training...but when he turned up to defend his title he hardley threw a punch...pretty simple isnt it ?

Thats what Johny was refering to...He expects, as do the rest of us, when a "world champ" steps into the ring to defend his title he ****ing well defends it...

How does that make the man crazy???....
Thats how i see it aswell
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 01:04 AM   #12
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppercut
there are better, younger, more tactical boxing trainers in oz than lewis.
names or stfu

**** anyway whats that got to do with the post the man made a comment and whole board gets in an uproar over it ...this ****ing aussie forum has gotten soooo negative
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 01:45 AM   #13
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I think you will find that Lewis didn't say he wouldn't train him because of ability but because he thought he was too badly affected after the Sullivan fight and didn't want to see him get hurt. he felt that the dehydration would have a lasting effect I donmt think Lewis has ever questioned his heart or abiltity and as others have said if he had of said Yes danny wasn't wanting any of it anyway so what does it matter
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #14
zelky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

He's always at the gym at Wooloomooloo...if it truly means this much to you just approach him and tell him. Because sure as shit your getting nothing writing this shit in here.
zelky is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #15
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Drews would look good punching a bag and he looked in great shape however Drews threw the fight...no other explanation.
ashley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum