Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #61
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835
Default Re: How shot do you think Roy Jones is now after recent fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Good honest post.
One judge had Jones ahead against Lebedev.
Against Green there was a glove wrapping query
i never saw the fight did Jones really deserve to be ahead on one card or was that kind of a pity judge

you will see legends get a bad card
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #62
peakbay
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 720

shot to shit, has been for ages

the lebedev judge took pity on him or he's a fan because he wasn't winning
peakbay is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #63
RobertV77
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
How shot do you think Roy Jones is now after recent fights?

In Jones last fight he was stopped in the final round against D Lebedev. On one of the judges cards Jones was ahead and could have been given the benefit of a KD in the last round before the stoppage. In Lebedevs previous fight he fought world champ M Huck to a SD which many felt he won.
Now Lebedev has just fought J Toney and beat him in every single round, and nobody felt Toney was shot before the fight and if they really did, I never heard anyone say Toney was more shot than Jones. I read quite alot of people felt Toney was going to win and Toney was more proven at CW than Jones.

So now how shot do you think Jones was. Jones chin has never been the best as evidenced by how badly shook up he seemed when Lou Del Valle caught him flush and put him down.

If we look at Jones last 2 fights against Lebecev and Hopkins -
Against Lebedev Jones was ahead on one card in the final round and unlucky not to have a KD scored against a CW who had just fought a world champ to a SD and
Against Hopkins, Jones scored a KD that Hopkins made out was behind his head as he wasnt able to continue without some time out and Hopkins is now recognised as the LHW champ. That could have been a KO win for Jones.

No doubt some fanboys will feel threatend by this question and bring up Calzaghe, but just try and be real men and answer the question.

How shot do you really think Jones is now?

You know damn well how shot he is. You should be banned for your constant bullshit. Huck and Lebedev are nobodies or they would move up twenty pounds and make some real money.
RobertV77 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #64
kmac
On permanent vacation
ESB Addict

vCash: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzo7580 View Post
completely shot has been since 2004 .
since he came back down from heavy in 2003. all you have to do is watch his fights before and after this time.
kmac is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #65
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Stopped reading when you said nobody thought James Toney was shot before the Leb fight
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #66
The Spider

vCash:

Very shot and very much time to retire.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #67
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847

bailey, this is your all time dumbest thread. It's staggeringly dumb.
conraddobler is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #68
Peppermint
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

He was shot from 35 on. Obviously he got more and more shot from Tarver -now. Hes 43 ffs and been boxing since he was 6. He had some good moments vs Lacy and Sheika, fights like that, because even though hes shot hes not an incompetent fighter. Hell even a shot to shit Ali won rounds vs. Berbick. It amazes me that anyone couls hold anything Roys done into his 40s against him
Peppermint is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #69
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

This thread is pointless.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #70
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Dummy, look what I wrote when I answered you before.
You clearly cant take in what you read. I will highlight the part in question for you. Read it 6 or 7 times to take it in and then answer

The full picture being with recent results.

He was ahead on one card going into the last round against a fighter who looked unlucky to many against a CW world champ in his previous fight.
Remember also how Jones beat Sheika who went on to give Diaconu a tough fight and nobody felt Diaconu was shot after having 2 tough fights with Pascal who became the top LHW
Jones would have treated Lebedev like Clinton Woods if the fight were in 2003, or even in 2005.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #71
Rexrapper 1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 499

Roy Jones is shot to shit. He gets Knocked the **** out now instead of being KOed. Now when he gets KOed he literally goes to sleep. When he wakes up he forgot he was even in a fight. I think Roy was snoring in his last fight. Its ****ing sad man. Roy was the man back in the day.
Rexrapper 1 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #72
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Like 100%...like it should be against the law for him to fight shot.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #73
Snakefist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Why was he shot then? Jones had just scored arguably his biggest win at HW. I think the weight loss caused him problems for a few fights after at LHW, but I cant see how he can be called shot after he had just scored his biggest win
Jones started declining as early as 2001, but it wasn't as obvious and extreme but it was progressive - this is when he started to hang on the ropes at times out of nowhere. He was beginning to lose a bit of stamina as far as moving around was concerned. I'd say he was not primed and declining by his Ruiz fight. Ruiz is not a great fighter, merely a decent one so it couldn't show much. He just stood infront of Jones and tried to box him -- so Jones didn't have to use his legs in any real way. Although I was surprised Jones took his shots in the first and in other rounds.

I'll just say this, losing the weight (yes this played a factor, haters have no idea what it feels like to lose any significant amount of muscle), fighting a fight he really didn't want to fight, and Tarvers hunger in the ring pretty much showed RJJ decline. He put forth a decent effort, but he had obvious stamina issues, and couldn't use his legs proficiently. The reflexes, well when you are that dependent on them, eventually as you age they are going to diminish. I don't like the word "shot", let's just say he was significantly declined. After Tarver KO'd him, his punch resistance was terrible, and he just didn't have the heart anymore.
Snakefist is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #74
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefist View Post
Jones started declining as early as 2001, but it wasn't as obvious - this is when he started to hang on the ropes at times. He was beginning to lose a bit of stamina as far as moving around was concerned. I'd say he was not primed and really declining by his Ruiz fight. Ruiz is not a great fighter, merely a decent one so it couldn't show much. He just stood infront of Jones and tried to box him -- so Jones didn't have to use his legs in any real way. Although I was surprised Jones took his shots in the first and in other rounds.

I'll just say this, losing the weight (yes this played a factor, haters have no idea what it feels like to lose any significant amount of muscle), fighting a fight he really didn't want to fight, and Tarvers hunger in the ring pretty much showed RJJ decline. He put forth a decent effort, but he had obvious stamina issues, and couldn't use his legs proficiently. The reflexes, well when you are that dependent on them, eventually as you age they are going to diminish. I don't like the word "shot", let's just say he was significantly declined. After Tarver KO'd him, his punch resistance was terrible, and he just didn't have the heart anymore.
now that is an opinion not commonly heard im gonna watch some 01 footage and check it out
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 11:46 PM   #75
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Jones has been shot since forever. When he drained himself from HW he killed his reflexes and athleticism. The Tarver knockout was the icing on the cake and did too much damage, both physically and mentally.

He'll have some shades of success here and there, but NOWHERE near the fighter he once was.
megavolt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum