Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
02bash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default What if nazim richardson had not caught margrito's illegal handwrapping.............

What would be the state of boxing now, would margrito eventually get caught, would shane still have beaten him, how many more careers could margrito potentially have ruined? Pacqiuao? Floyd?
02bash is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488
Default Re: What if nazim richardson had not caught margrito's illegal handwrapping..........

Margarito couldn't land enough on Mosley to make an impact he was getting KTFO either way wraps or no wraps but the questions is how soon after the KO would he have made a return? and against who?
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: What if nazim richardson had not caught margrito's illegal handwrapping..........

Margo couldn't get a fight with Floyd before losing to Mosley, how would he get one after?
Pacquaio has been very carefully matched too, I think he'd of stayed away from THAT Margo, just not the one who came back to Boxing.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Did anyone else feel margarito was totally off that night, I think him getting caught messed him up mentally as well.
Mosley would still have won though, and marg vs cotto 2 would already have happened.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Margo couldn't get a fight with Floyd before losing to Mosley, how would he get one after?
Pacquaio has been very carefully matched too, I think he'd of stayed away from THAT Margo, just not the one who came back to Boxing.
Why? Pacquiao is matched inhouse or with fighters that are willing to join toprank.
Thats all bob arum cares about.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

I do think getting caught with wraps like that must have taken Tony out of his game that night. Mosley still would have won no doubt though
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
praetorianJJ
Conqueror of Worlds
ESB Addict

vCash: 647

Am I right for thinking that Shane once held a record at lightweight for his KO ratio? Or am I just full of shit again?
praetorianJJ is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

There is no way that fight would have gone the same way had Margarito been mentally clear. In all fighters, determination and focus is needed from the first to last bell, however, with fighters like Margarito who are going to have to walk through fire, they need it even more. Margarito had none that night and was a punching back.

A focused Margarito beats Mosley.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #9
02bash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Box View Post
I do think getting caught with wraps like that must have taken Tony out of his game that night. Mosley still would have won no doubt though
I suppose, but then what would be next for margrito? would he go for cotto again.
02bash is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #10
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
Why? Pacquiao is matched inhouse or with fighters that are willing to join toprank.
Thats all bob arum cares about.
After the DLH win, Pacquaio wanted to fight Margarito, Roach told him no, he's too big.
Freddie Roach plays a much more important roll in selecting fights than people think.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
There is no way that fight would have gone the same way had Margarito been mentally clear. In all fighters, determination and focus is needed from the first to last bell, however, with fighters like Margarito who are going to have to walk through fire, they need it even more. Margarito had none that night and was a punching back.

A focused Margarito beats Mosley.
Can't agree with that, Mosley was more or less slipping and the Mayorga fight proved that but in Margarito he got the perfect fighter for his style someone who's looking to walk his opponent down and absorb punishment but Mosley is a fighter with tremendous power when he's given a chance to load up his shots and not even Marg's chin could withstand such a brutal onslaught, Mosley successfully neutralised Marg's power via his timed clinches and the rest is history.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #12
praetorianJJ
Conqueror of Worlds
ESB Addict

vCash: 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Can't agree with that, Mosley was more or less slipping and the Mayorga fight proved that but in Margarito he got the perfect fighter for his style someone who's looking to walk his opponent down and absorb punishment but Mosley is a fighter with tremendous power when he's given a chance to load up his shots and not even Marg's chin could withstand such a brutal onslaught, Mosley successfully neutralised Marg's power via his timed clinches and the rest is history.
Agreed. Mayorga and Margarito are different animals. Mayorga lasted twelve with Mosley because he has rudimentary skills that Margarito lacks.
praetorianJJ is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #13
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02bash View Post
I suppose, but then what would be next for margrito? would he go for cotto again.
Yeah if he got to Cotto again before the Pacquiao bout then that fight would have been alot harder to call then December 3rd.
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #14
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorianJJ View Post
Agreed. Mayorga and Margarito are different animals. Mayorga lasted twelve with Mosley because he has rudimentary skills that Margarito lacks.
Margarito has no head movement, no foot movement (his success in walking down his opponents normally comes from wearing them out when they want to stand and trade), no hip movement (he never tries to move to the side or to roll punches) he's the perfect example of a stationary target he makes Ricky Hatton look like Pernell Whitaker. His strongest assets are his chin (overall ability to take punishment) and his heart and in Mosley he countered someone with enough power to really hurt him and that was the end of it nothing to do with being mentally unprepared, no version of Margarito past or present beats Mosley.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Box View Post
Yeah if he got to Cotto again before the Pacquiao bout then that fight would have been alot harder to call then December 3rd.
I need to check this post in the morning I've got a feeling it makes no sense at all. It makes sense in my head right now so that's all that matters
Post Box is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum