Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #16
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao is still one dimensional..

Sometimes you can be so good at your particular style, or dimension, that even versatile fighters cannot derail you, simply because they aren't good enough in any one style to derail you. Pacquiao fits this description in most cases. Fighters know what he is going to do.....stopping him is another thing.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2007, 08:38 PM   #17
Quik
Belt holder
ESB Addict

wonder where PacDbest is
Quik is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #18
hellblazer
All-Time Great™
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

bottom line is Pac is a better fighter now...
he doesn't rely too much on his left hand, he has better defense now, better jab, footwork. He even outboxed the boxer in Barrera in the rematch lol
You don't need to be a Calzaghe or a Mayweather just to make it to stardom or in the P4P rankings... just be yourself, your own style of fighting. Just fight the best out there. (Morales, Barrera and JMM in 2008 )
hellblazer is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #19
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

i'd rather had 1 dimension if it was really good than have many dimensions that suck.

put it this way, if nobody could defend against kareem's sky hook, why the hell should he practice other shots? stick with what works is the key. if you are successful and that style, then stick with it and make it better.

if pac had another dimension in his game some of yall would call him a runner
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 09:23 PM   #20
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

One dimensional or not, still a helluva fighter and tough to beat.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2007, 12:12 AM   #21
Silvermags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
He is still one dimensional, but he has added tools and weapons to that one dimension. That makes him very dangerous despite his obvious flaws...
One dimensional or not. I think what is important is he keeps winning. Most of them interesting and exciting!!!!! No unnessary back peddling even if he is winning.

That is the diff between pac and some other great fighters!
Silvermags is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2007, 12:25 AM   #22
nighthunter
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Pac is not one dimentional because of some punches added to his arsenal hooks and more combination to the body name it...
nighthunter is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #23
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner
why does everyone refuse to believe he's not anymore? because he added a right hook and a few body punches into his arsenal?
Why would people refuse to believe he's not one-dimensional because he added a right hook and some body punches to his arsenal. If anything, that would have the opposite effect on people.

PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2007, 01:08 AM   #24
Ared
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Actually I agree Pac is one-dimensional. I almost can't imagine Pac fighting on the backfoot. But nevertheless, I pick him to win anytime, anyplace (except in that one blurb where I made a fool of myself).
Ared is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2007, 01:18 AM   #25
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner
why does everyone refuse to believe he's not anymore? because he added a right hook and a few body punches into his arsenal?

don't get me wrong, that one dimension is very tough for the other 130 pounders to beat due to pac's intensity, speed, power and sheer aggression but him adding a right hook and a few bodypunches to his arsenal does NOT make him more versatile.

It'd be a whole different story if pac's inside game improved, he does not have much of an inside game. it'd also be different if he out boxed people

floyd mayweather and miguel cotto..now those guys can adapt, they can box you or brawl.

I agree that Pac is not in the caluber of FMJ in boxing skills but he just keeps on winning. Now, to say that Cotto is multi-dimensional would be entirely erroneous. All that he does best is forward aggression, and when he did the backpedalling against Mosley, it was not the prettiest sight to behold. That is not multi-dimensional. It is like DPL doing the backpedalling against Penalosa.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #26
Thinman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think he is still one dimensional boxer but he isn't a one dimensional fighter.
Thinman is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2007, 01:34 AM   #27
MARVELOUS

Yeah he's one dimensional but damn effective. It's what makes him Manny Pacquiao
MARVELOUS is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2007, 02:02 AM   #28
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I reckon Manny Pac is not one dimensional. He can outbox many good boxers like he did MAB.

Alot of people believe that its just recently that Pac has picked up good boxing skills......I believe he has improved some in that dept.....but I also remember when he first defeated MAB, MAB tried boxing for portions of that fight and Pac was beating him to the punch.....so he was able to deal with a boxer even back then.

I would parralel Pacquiao with Felix Trinidad. Trinidad has some good boxing skills also......but I think like Pacquiao, those skills go out the window when they're confronted with a much better boxer than what they are.
All of a sudden, there boxing takes a back seat when they're confronted by fighters who can box at the highest level.
......thats what happened to Pac in the first JMM fight, and the first Morales fight.....these guys were still boxing at a very high level, elite type level.....

......it is my belief that its against these type fighters that Pacquiao and Trinidad abandon their boxing and revert to tying to land a big shot.
They do it, because its the easier thing to try and do vs a boxer that can box better than they can.

The JMM fight is going to tell alot to where Manny Pacquiao's boxing skills have risen.
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2007, 02:10 AM   #29
Silvermags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac
I reckon Manny Pac is not one dimensional. He can outbox many good boxers like he did MAB.

Alot of people believe that its just recently that Pac has picked up good boxing skills......I believe he has improved some in that dept.....but I also remember when he first defeated MAB, MAB tried boxing for portions of that fight and Pac was beating him to the punch.....so he was able to deal with a boxer even back then.

I would parralel Pacquiao with Felix Trinidad. Trinidad has some good boxing skills also......but I think like Pacquiao, those skills go out the window when they're confronted with a much better boxer than what they are.
All of a sudden, there boxing takes a back seat when they're confronted by fighters who can box at the highest level.
......thats what happened to Pac in the first JMM fight, and the first Morales fight.....these guys were still boxing at a very high level, elite type level.....

......it is my belief that its against these type fighters that Pacquiao and Trinidad abandon their boxing and revert to tying to land a big shot.
They do it, because its the easier thing to try and do vs a boxer that can box better than they can.

The JMM fight is going to tell alot to where Manny Pacquiao's boxing skills have risen.
everybody is lookng forward to pac vs jmm 2
Silvermags is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2007, 02:17 AM   #30
Thinman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac

I agree up to certaint point....I disagree when you say "He can outbox many good boxers". When did he do that? When did he outbox MAB? Was it in the the first fight or the second time?

Pac will never outbox JMM, it won't happen....and you know it
Thinman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum