Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #31
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,610
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Dodgers View Post
Mayweather does not deserve more than 50-50.

Floyd's last 3 PPVs:
1.05 vs JMM
1.4 vs Mosley
1.25 vs Ortiz

Manny's last 3 PPVs:
1.15 vs Margarito
1.3 vs Mosley
1.5(?) vs JMM


If anyone should be asking for more it's Manny, but 50-50 is fine. They're neck and neck no matter how you look at it, there's really no solid argument to put one over the other. Either fighter asking for more than 50% is bullshit imo.
There was no official announcement for Pacquaio's last 2 fights and we all know Arum slants the figures and they usually come in lower. Was there even an official announcement for Margarito?
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #32
hansjean1992
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Dodgers View Post
Mayweather does not deserve more than 50-50.

Floyd's last 3 PPVs:
1.05 vs JMM
1.4 vs Mosley
1.25 vs Ortiz

Manny's last 3 PPVs:
1.15 vs Margarito
1.3 vs Mosley
1.5(?) vs JMM


If anyone should be asking for more it's Manny, but 50-50 is fine. They're neck and neck no matter how you look at it, there's really no solid argument to put one over the other. Either fighter asking for more than 50% is bullshit imo.
1.5 ppv vs JMM? dude the numbers didn't even come out yet and i think it's best to compare there last 5 or 6 fights

to add like powerpuncher says about the mosley and pacquiao fight. Arum didn't want to come out with the numbers i wonder why and just made one up. so stop!!! lol
hansjean1992 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #33
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where the sun spends the winter.
Posts: 18,850
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

All roads lead to Pacquiao.,

The split should be no less than 55-45 for Pacquiao
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #34
Duck Dodgers
Kimbo #1 P4P
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 1535
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
There was no official announcement for Pacquaio's last 2 fights and we all know Arum slants the figures and they usually come in lower. Was there even an official announcement for Margarito?
All that shit is public, you'd be very naive to think someone at GBP isn't verifying those numbers. They aren't any more or less official than any other PPV sales figures. If Bob was bullshitting I can guarantee you somebody would've said something by now.
Duck Dodgers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #35
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,619
vCash: 101
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

let's jst stop finger pointing for now. this is by no means final. lets wait for official figures before we start the bickering ok? lets try to make this thread more about how to best come up with acceptable solution.
sunnn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #36
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

the last time they publicly negotiated, pacquiao-cotto just did 1.25M PPV while floyd-jmm did 1.05M PPV. pacquiao accepted a 50-50 split back then even if floyd is coming from retirement.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #37
Duck Dodgers
Kimbo #1 P4P
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 1535
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansjean1992 View Post
1.5 ppv vs JMM? dude the numbers didn't even come out yet and i think it's best to compare there last 5 or 6 fights

to add like powerpuncher says about the mosley and pacquiao fight. Arum didn't want to come out with the numbers i wonder why and just made one up. so stop!!! lol
I'm comparing 3 fights because Mayweather has had 3 fights since he came out of retirement. And did you not notice the question mark on the JMM numbers, or are you just a mentally retarded flomo contrarian trying to fabricate an argument to support your gay love interest in what will effectively be a detriment to his career and to boxing fans?
Duck Dodgers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #38
hansjean1992
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Dodgers View Post
All that shit is public, you'd be very naive to think someone at GBP isn't verifying those numbers. They aren't any more or less official than any other PPV sales figures. If Bob was bullshitting I can guarantee you somebody would've said something by now.

There not the official so deal with it
hansjean1992 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #39
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 3111
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Yeah, I get that.

But it's also another stumbling block to a fight which has already see too many. Everything else has been agreed on, so why now throw in this silly request, when 50-50 has been reasonable all along.
its a trade off...he is giving pac his cut off but asking him to pay for it....give a little, get a little...stop being a cry baby
timmyjames is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #40
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 3111
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
All roads lead to Pacquiao.,

The split should be no less than 55-45 for Pacquiao
quack bradley 2012
timmyjames is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #41
ovechkin8crosby
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ovechkin8crosby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #42
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

am i the only one who's lost all interest in this fight?

i'd rather see *** bomb sergio vs floyd.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #43
ovechkin8crosby
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnn View Post
source?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ovechkin8crosby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #44
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,619
vCash: 101
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

this isnt a big gap (~2m) like how it appears to be. lets just settle down and wait for official announcement.
sunnn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #45
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 3111
Default Re: Mayweather Camp Changes Stance: 21 Day Cut Off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
am i the only one who's lost all interest in this fight?

i'd rather see *** bomb sergio vs floyd.
more interesting fight for sure
timmyjames is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013