Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #16
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Has manny pacquiao improved at all?

please don't be shy emmanuel fans, you guys were celebrating his "improvements" for months prior
Leon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Yes he has however he improved in the technical area which would help him against the bigger brawlers he has been facing.

However if he wants play chess with a surgeon like JMM then JMM will always put Pac in nurse scrubs and tell him to take out the trash.

That is why I like Nacho. No bullshit no hype like Roach and most other trainers nowadays. He told it like it was. He loved that Pacquaio was more technical.

It almost makes you wonder if Pac should fight JMM crazier like he used to.
In my eyes JMM has been beating Pac wider and clearer as the fights go. The difference is Pac has gradually improved technically so one would think he would do better but that is not the case.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Yes he has however he improved in the technical area which would help him against the bigger brawlers he has been facing.

However if he wants play chess with a surgeon like JMM then JMM will always put Pac in nurse scrubs and tell him to take out the trash.

That is why I like Nacho. No bullshit no hype like Roach and most other trainers nowadays. He told it like it was. He loved that Pacquaio was more technical.

In my eyes JMM has been beating Pac wider and clearer as the fights go. The difference is Pac has gradually improved technically so one would think he would do better but that is not the case.
The point is that if your style of fighting is textbook, then it is far easier to study and pick apart. If you're a virtuoso (RJJ being my favorite example) you are far more difficult to prepare for.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

He has improved but he is past his prime (dunno how that works)
Cafe is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #20
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

I'd always said that he improved the power and accuracy of the right hand, as well as his ability to circle out to the right after landing a left, his counter-punching, his timing, his use of uppercuts, and his guard....but that all of these things were there in an almost complete form in their rematch. The improvements were there, but Marquez fought such a disciplined fight and has such a high Ring IQ that any innovation Pacquiao could bring, Marquez could figure out.

Plus, once he consistently took the punching angle away laterally, feint constantly, break rhythm with aggression, counter in the pocket, and make Pacquiao nervous (without ever suffering a knockdown), all the cool "new" things Pacquiao wanted to do became merely academic.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
Gezabahai
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Yes, Pacquiao has improved; Marquez has his number, so at the moment, his stock is down. Ali had trouble in all three fights against Norton, who wasn't half the fighter he was. They want a fourth fight, but Marquez is 38 and threw his heart and soul into this third fight. I doubt he'd get redemption in a fourth.
Gezabahai is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #22
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post

you mind showing me highlights of jmm then of the recent fight?and 4 gifs dont count.
sunnn is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #23
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnn View Post
you mind showing me highlights of jmm then of the recent fight?and 4 gifs dont count.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #24
krishv123
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Mayweather didn't even make weight vs Marquez, and even look at the body of Marquez at the weigh in...people underestimate the role of a strength and conditioning coach
krishv123 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #25
sauhund II
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
He has improved but he is past his prime (dunno how that works)
LOL, the excuses already......put him in with a face first flatfooted slugger and he will look great again..................I have said it for years and that is no disrespect to him and his accomplishments but he cannot box for shit.

I do not believe all that BS that Arum dictates every single aspect, far from it, I am convinced that Pac, Roach /Arum never ever wanted Mayweather, the proof is in the pudding plus their excellent Hype/Marketing campaign they used to pitch those gimme fights against subpar opposition, for that they needed Mayweather .

But they cornerned themselfes now..........JMM did not follow the script.

I will give Pac credit if he goes the distance when he fights FMJ but IMO he will get stopped.
sauhund II is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #26
Sunchild78
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He's improved against stationary targets. Against technical fighters, considering Marquez is the only real one he fought. I'm going to say no.
Sunchild78 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #27
evilsherwin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He definately has improved imo, his defence is alot better and has a wider range of punches he utilises. Pac was landing his right all night on jmm whereas in his prvious fights he was relying alot on his fast 1-2s to get to his more tchnical opponent. look at the ledwaba an jmm fights. Pac also uses his jab more, definately uses his feet better in defence as well.

I think pac tried to counter jmm too much last fight and should have mixed it up offensively istead of just tryng to box jmm. But what can you do when your opponent is backpeddling all night ane just waiting for counters? Even against mosely ppl said he exposes pac! lol what? mosely.didnt win one round.

Ppl expect pac to demolish all his opponents, anythung less is a step backward
evilsherwin is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #28
ryan_c
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsherwin View Post
He definately has improved imo, his defence is alot better and has a wider range of punches he utilises. Pac was landing his right all night on jmm whereas in his prvious fights he was relying alot on his fast 1-2s to get to his more tchnical opponent. look at the ledwaba an jmm fights. Pac also uses his jab more, definately uses his feet better in defence as well.

I think pac tried to counter jmm too much last fight and should have mixed it up offensively istead of just tryng to box jmm. But what can you do when your opponent is backpeddling all night ane just waiting for counters? Even against mosely ppl said he exposes pac! lol what? mosely.didnt win one round.

Ppl expect pac to demolish all his opponents, anythung less is a step backward

Yeah I think Pac is just looking to counter JMM in their 3rd fight, but JMM also just also waits. I thinks if Pac wants to, he can just make the fight boring and just wait to death himself, like what he did in round 1, which many though as Pac's round. But Pacquiao wanted to please the his fans and tried to be more aggressive after round 1.
ryan_c is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #29
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchamp11 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

so how accurate are these videos now? if he improved what did he improve in?
lol dude called cotto "poor competition" obvious biased mothr ****er. I'm sure he's a Floyd fan.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #30
evilsherwin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_c View Post
Yeah I think Pac is just looking to counter JMM in their 3rd fight, but JMM also just also waits. I thinks if Pac wants to, he can just make the fight boring and just wait to death himself, like what he did in round 1, which many though as Pac's round. But Pacquiao wanted to please the his fans and tried to be more aggressive after round 1.
Thats the thing, hes always said he wants to entertain which I think becomes his downfall against less active boxers. He becomes frustrated and sometimes chases directly instead of trying to proactivly cut off the ring. Imo he should have used his uppercut and went to the body more instead of just going for jmms head. He may have won more convincingly that way
evilsherwin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum