Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
mdminnj
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default I want to know how Pacquiao can survive 12 rounds with Mayweather

This is a physical mismatch. Pacquiao has no physical advantages and the skillset to keep this fight close. In fact I think this fight will end in a stoppage in the mid rounds. Mayweather has grown into 147lb fighter and it has showed. I have never seen Floyd punch this hard and sit down on punches in his career. He is looking to physically hurt his opponents now and I believe alot has to do with the crisitsm towards him.

Whether people want to believe it or not through delusion or hatred, Victor Ortiz was getting physically and mentally beaten down. After 4 rounds Ortiz was getting short on breathe and his eye was swelling shut. Now ask yourself when was the last time Mayweather started out that fast? I can't think of a Mayweather fight where Floyd came out from the opening bell and started an offensive attack like that. Now keep in mind Ortiz is a harder puncher than Pacquiao and weighed in 165 lbs. Floyd was hurting him with right hands and walking him down at points in the fight. Once that fight went past halfway point Ortiz would have been getting a serious beatdown and that is no disrespect to Ortiz because I think he is a great fighter and is a tougher opponent than Pacquiao will be.

When you have no advantages physically and skillset wise you will be having a tough night against Floyd Mayweather.
mdminnj is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to know how Pacquiao can survive 12 rounds with Mayweather

The skilllevel difference between pac and Ortiz is very big, he wont get suckerpunched out hard like victor or stopped like ricky hatton.
Floyd will be defensiveand looking to win a clear decision, if he tries to take the fight to pac things could get more fun, I hope he does that.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Duh, just go 12 rounds with him .
prelude is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Well, he's got the faster feet, equally fast hands, a southpaw stance, one hell of a chin, decent variety of punches, and hits as hard as any relevant puncher at welterweight right now. He may not be as skilled, but the effective tricks he uses with his stylistic skill-set aren't non-existent. Pac may not win but lets all stop pretending this is a walk in the park for Floyd and that fighters like Corely, Ortiz, and Judah didn't have their poignant moments against him, all as far inferior fighters to Pacquiao.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
mdminnj
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
The skilllevel difference between pac and Ortiz is very big, he wont get suckerpunched out hard like victor or stopped like ricky hatton.
Floyd will be defensiveand looking to win a clear decision, if he tries to take the fight to pac things could get more fun, I hope he does that.
Right, Ortiz has more skill than Pacquiao.
mdminnj is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
boxinger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 250

if he doesnt hug and kiss Floyd, he will go 12 rnds
boxinger is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I want to know how Castillo, De La Hoya, Carlos Hernandez, Mosley, Marquez, Baldomir, and especially Zab Judah can go 12 rounds with Mayweather.

I know it means little, but Zab got stopped by Cotto in pretty one sided fashion - did Pac have a problem in that fight? His punch resistance is great. Mosley, Margarito, Cotto - all bigger punchers than Floyd.

Worse thing that happens to Pac is he gets embarassed, his chin is very very solid now.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

I doubt Pacquiao would last 12

I see Floyd hitting him with the right hand to many times-Pac would get stopped in the 7th or maybe the 8th round.
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdminnj View Post
This is a physical mismatch. Pacquiao has no physical advantages and the skillset to keep this fight close. In fact I think this fight will end in a stoppage in the mid rounds. Mayweather has grown into 147lb fighter and it has showed. I have never seen Floyd punch this hard and sit down on punches in his career. He is looking to physically hurt his opponents now and I believe alot has to do with the crisitsm towards him.

Whether people want to believe it or not through delusion or hatred, Victor Ortiz was getting physically and mentally beaten down. After 4 rounds Ortiz was getting short on breathe and his eye was swelling shut. Now ask yourself when was the last time Mayweather started out that fast? I can't think of a Mayweather fight where Floyd came out from the opening bell and started an offensive attack like that. Now keep in mind Ortiz is a harder puncher than Pacquiao and weighed in 165 lbs. Floyd was hurting him with right hands and walking him down at points in the fight. Once that fight went past halfway point Ortiz would have been getting a serious beatdown and that is no disrespect to Ortiz because I think he is a great fighter and is a tougher opponent than Pacquiao will be.

When you have no advantages physically and skillset wise you will be having a tough night against Floyd Mayweather.
I would even go as far as saying the fight would leave a bad taste in the mouth. Pac is anything but a quitter and I think we could see a career ending beating. Not because Pac is "hype" but because many fans underestimate Floyd.
AnotherFan is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
mdminnj
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini View Post
I want to know how Castillo, De La Hoya, Carlos Hernandez, Mosley, Marquez, Baldomir, and especially Zab Judah can go 12 rounds with Mayweather.

I know it means little, but Zab got stopped by Cotto in pretty one sided fashion - did Pac have a problem in that fight? His punch resistance is great. Mosley, Margarito, Cotto - all bigger punchers than Floyd.

Worse thing that happens to Pac is he gets embarassed, his chin is very very solid now.
This arguemnt is invalid with Mayweather stopping Ortiz. Mayweather was on his way to stopping Ortiz who weighed 165lbs on fight night.
mdminnj is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #11
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

Quote:
flogic
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #12
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini View Post

Floyd places precision shots-he wwas not able to place the types of punches on those fighters like he'll do Pac-

Pac's style is tailormade for Floyd-Floyd will counter everytime Pac throws that "short jab" or "amatuer hook"

Floyd KO in 7, maybe 8 rounds-STYLES MAKE FIGHTS AND PAC LEAVES HIMSELF OPEN TOO MUCH.
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
bandido
The Black Bandit
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I am betting the odds of a Pac KO win would be bigger than that of a Floyd KO win.
bandido is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #14
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
This arguemnt is invalid with Mayweather stopping Ortiz. Mayweather was on his way to stopping Ortiz who weighed 165lbs on fight night.
Ortiz is a far inferior opponent to Pac. He was completely relaxed when the ko happened, his neck was not tight. How well would Ortiz take Cotto's shots anyway? He was on his way to getting embarassed.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #15
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Oh no
JunitoJab is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum