Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #16
Concrete
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to know how Pacquiao can survive 12 rounds with Mayweather

Pac is faster then Ortiz so Mayweather will be a more cautious with Pac. But at the same time Mayweather will be the fastest puncher that Pac has ever faced in the boxing match.
Concrete is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #17
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Marquez is a bigger hitter than Floyd. Just not as sharp. Shane hits way way way harder than Floyd too. As does ortiz and Berto - just no one with Floyd's precision. Was Marquez ever in danger of being stopped by Floyd?
aramini is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
mdminnj
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini View Post
Ortiz is a far inferior opponent to Pac. He was completely relaxed when the ko happened, his neck was not tight. How well would Ortiz take Cotto's shots anyway? He was on his way to getting embarassed.
What are you talking about dude? Floyd would have stopped Ortiz if that shot never would have happened. Cotto is one of the most overrated fighters of this decade. Another HBO hypejob because he's Puerto Rican.
mdminnj is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #19
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Pac tko 8 may...
Doc is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #20
ovechkin8crosby
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ovechkin8crosby is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #21
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdminnj View Post
What are you talking about dude? Floyd would have stopped Ortiz if that shot never would have happened. Cotto is one of the most overrated fighters of this decade. Another HBO hypejob because he's Puerto Rican.

Unfortunately, we can only speculate that Floyd was on the way to stopping Ortiz. Just like McClellan was on his way to stopping Benn in the first round of their fight, or Pac was on the way to stopping Marquez in round one of their fight. The script will never be known.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #22
mdminnj
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini View Post
Unfortunately, we can only speculate that Floyd was on the way to stopping Ortiz. Just like McClellan was on his way to stopping Benn in the first round of their fight, or Pac was on the way to stopping Marquez in round one of their fight. The script will never be known.
Speculate yes, but anyone with a good eye could Ortiz wasn't going the distance. If he did, he would have seriously gotten hurt. Ortiz is lucky that shot happened because that fight would have gotten worse and worse. I was actually mad that fight ended the way it did because to be honest I feel like Mayweather was on his way to one of his best performances in his career and that's including Corales. I have never seen Floyd that physically strong and determined before. He was looking to physically hurt Ortiz.
mdminnj is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #23
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Speculate yes, but anyone with a good eye could Ortiz wasn't going the distance. If he did, he would have seriously gotten hurt. Ortiz is lucky that shot happened because that fight would have gotten worse and worse. I was actually mad that fight ended the way it did because to be honest I feel like Mayweather was on his way to one of his best performances in his career and that's including Corales. I have never seen Floyd that physically strong and determined before. He was looking to physically hurt Ortiz.

I agree, he looked very sharp and determined to prove a point. It did look like it was going to be dominant, but Ortiz hung tough against Berto, who punches hard. I think it would have been a 12 round beating, but dominant.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #24
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Floyd is deadly in sparring big guys for training, but on fight night he rarely takes the risks to really let go. I think its conceivable that he COULD stop Pac but that he won't take the risk: Pac is much much much more dangerous tha Ortiz, and in JMM III Marquez never ever ever took a step forward, he fought a perfect fight that was not excessively bold. Floyd might do the same, but the unorthodox power of Pac does not favor unmitigated offense in his opponents.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #25
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

People underestimate both fighters because of bias. Truth is that the fight will go 12 rounds. Neither has been really KO'd or TKOD (Manny's losses to Torrecampo and Singursat dont really matter as he had no amateur experience). It will be competitive, but I doubt there will be any knockdowns. I think Floyd would win a comfortable UD.
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #26
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Floyd throws one or two punches at a time, he doesnt like leaving himself exposed, im going on a limb and saying he will be especially cautious against the most offensive fighter hes ever faced, just watch the Hatton fight, if he catches Pac like that he will get a smile and hands raised gesture from pac. Im not saying floyd cant out box him, but id be VERY suprised if Pac got stopped.
ChampionsForever is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #27
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Floyd would keep distance and take the first 6-8 rounds easy then Pac might get desperate and make mistakes Floyd get tempted to land and floor Pac
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #28
ko00
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Roger View Post
People underestimate both fighters because of bias. Truth is that the fight will go 12 rounds. Neither has been really KO'd or TKOD (Manny's losses to Torrecampo and Singursat dont really matter as he had no amateur experience). It will be competitive, but I doubt there will be any knockdowns. I think Floyd would win a comfortable UD.

This guys on the money, dont believe the hype cos this fight will be 12 rounds UD for Mayweather (maybe even SD)
ko00 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #29
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
This is a physical mismatch. Pacquiao has no physical advantages and the skillset to keep this fight close. In fact I think this fight will end in a stoppage in the mid rounds. Mayweather has grown into 147lb fighter and it has showed. I have never seen Floyd punch this hard and sit down on punches in his career. He is looking to physically hurt his opponents now and I believe alot has to do with the crisitsm towards him.

Whether people want to believe it or not through delusion or hatred, Victor Ortiz was getting physically and mentally beaten down. After 4 rounds Ortiz was getting short on breathe and his eye was swelling shut. Now ask yourself when was the last time Mayweather started out that fast? I can't think of a Mayweather fight where Floyd came out from the opening bell and started an offensive attack like that. Now keep in mind Ortiz is a harder puncher than Pacquiao and weighed in 165 lbs. Floyd was hurting him with right hands and walking him down at points in the fight. Once that fight went past halfway point Ortiz would have been getting a serious beatdown and that is no disrespect to Ortiz because I think he is a great fighter and is a tougher opponent than Pacquiao will be.

When you have no advantages physically and skillset wise you will be having a tough night against Floyd Mayweather.
No disrespect but your talking wet if you think Ortiz is a tougher fight than Pacquiao.... with that said, I only see a Mayweather win vs Pacquiao myself but I see a distance win, Pac can take a great shot & has tremendous will, I just think FMJ will outbox him to a clear UD... I`ve thought this way since the start (Pac v Hoya roughly)
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #30
Sunchild78
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pac only chance of beating Floyd is by knocking him out. Lets be real about something, Pac will not out box Mayweather, he can"t barely be Marquez. Floyd skill, defense and elusive movement is unlike anyone Pac has ever faced. He can't afford to stay on the outside because his arms are to short, which means he's going to have to come in and risk getting hit by the jab or straight right. Pac has no wins other then the one stated above, and I don't see that happening.
Sunchild78 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum