Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #16
sadlittleboy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO BAD: Saul Alvarez vs. Kermit Cintron & Adrien Broner vs. Vicente Rodriguez RB

Bunce just said that Broner stopped Ponce in 6 rounds...****ing imbecile.
sadlittleboy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #17
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588
Default Re: HBO BAD: Saul Alvarez vs. Kermit Cintron & Adrien Broner vs. Vicente Rodriguez RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlittleboy View Post
It's nice, but remember it's 2 am UK time, they aren't going to sell many subscriptions if they only show good fights at 2am...the past few weeks (aside from November 5th) have been awful.
Yeah, my heart really goes out to the diehards across the Atlantic. I'm a night owl, but staying up to 2 am, or later, to watch fights - man, I really wouldn't fancy that.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #18
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
BoxNation is promoting itself heavily. (it switches from a free/"beta" station to a paid service in four days)

"One way of looking at it is, yes it's another £10 a month - but when you think about it, £2.50 a week - that's a pint. £10 is a round for your mates!"

"Every month, for £10 you're guaranteed four domestic shows. Four of my shows, that's worth £10 of anybody's money, innit? Plus, every month you get three, sometimes four international shows featuring top American talent. You get to see all these talented boxers not only getting educations as they step up, but winning titles. How is that not worth £10?????"

- Steve Bunce

Might pay for it to see Cotto-Margarito then cancel it
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #19
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Interesting...this Chris Pearson who's making his debut was a member of the Los Angeles Matadors in the amateur World Series of Boxing.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #20
sadlittleboy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
Yeah, my heart really goes out to the diehards across the Atlantic. I'm a night owl, but staying up to 2 am, or later, to watch fights - man, I really wouldn't fancy that.
I'm a hardcore fan and I'll do it (heck I'll watch the stuff on TYC at 4am) but will none diehards subscribe when they need to then stay up for guys like Chavez last week or Canelo this week?...will they then be happy to put up with Bunce?...doubtful.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #21
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Steve Chadwick is a mean looking guy (think Chuck Liddell), but he's 0-2 as a pro.

We get to now put the WSB in perspective and find out based on how Pearson does against Chadwick whether it did indeed feature "the best of the best" in the amateurs.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #22
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
sometimes the main event is at 5 am the fight finishes at 6am and if your adrenalin is pumped you can not go to sleep until 8 . Now I'm on the other side of the atlantic (north america) so I'm ok
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #23
sadlittleboy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Steve Chadwick is a mean looking guy (think Chuck Liddell), but he's 0-2 as a pro.

We get to now put the WSB in perspective and find out based on how Pearson does against Chadwick whether it did indeed feature "the best of the best" in the amateurs.
From what we got...Pearson looked pretty good...
Old 11-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #24
Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

well that didnt take long.
Money is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #25
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 3761

goodnight all!
Robney is online now  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #26
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Round 1

Southpaw vs. southpaw. Pearson is out-jabbing Chadwick. NICE RIGHT HOOK on the pivot by Pearson. Good solid left hand lead. Pearson is picking his shots very nicely and just beating Chadwick from point A to point B every time. Chadwick keeps opening up and getting punished. Delayed reaction from a double right hook to the head; Chadwick is hurt BADLY and wobbling backward...chicken dance!! Pearson slices into him with a few hard shots and DOWN GOES CHADWICK!! He beats the count but Pearson is on him like a tornado with right jabs, left uppercuts to the jaw, and bashing down with fast powerful right hooks. The ref gets in there.

It's OVER!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #27
Chappy112
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4000

Quote:
I wish it was 2am! The main events don't usually start until 4.30am
Chappy112 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #28
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

he just KO zelenoff's cousin
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #29
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Bunce is hard to listen to. I just watch the fights, not the 'punditry' in between.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #30
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 3761

Goldmember didn't last long...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Robney is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum