Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #16
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SBA
Posts: 20,130
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
To be honest I feel the same way, at this point I think floyd wins a wide ud, a lot of people changed their view on this outcome after mosley and marquez 3, I used to think pac would ko floyd now I think he has to.
Im hoping he eventually connects with something big and floyd ends up like hatton, that would be amazing but its not the most realistic outcome of this fight.
I do feel pac is slipping faster than floyd at this point, he needs this fight next now that he still has some chance, the longer it takes the more difficult it gets.
team emmanuel realizes he's beginning to lose his legs, so that's why they're finally serious about getting beat up by Mayweather NOW

if emmanuel looks bad against a nobody like Tim Bradley, it'll reduce the cashout when he gets beat up by Floyd

emmanuel doesn't want to wait any longer when he's even more declined. The better Floyd beats emmanuel, the more emmanuel's legacy tanks
Leon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #17
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

I think there will be a rematch clause, i like this! However if floyd demolishes pac maybe i don't like this, for pacs sake. If for instance Floyd is schooling him then pac lands a lucky shot the rematch would be MASSIVE!
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #18
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Weed capital of the world
Posts: 14,469
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
team emmanuel realizes he's beginning to lose his legs, so that's why they're finally serious about getting beat up by Mayweather NOW

if emmanuel looks bad against a nobody like Tim Bradley, it'll reduce the cashout when he gets beat up by Floyd

emmanuel doesn't want to wait any longer when he's even more declined. The better Floyd beats emmanuel, the more emmanuel's legacy tanks
Well his chances do decline when time goes by, I say make the big money fight next when he still has a chance, its a great legacy opportunity as well.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #19
Kush
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,220
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaster...Sad View Post
Manny's real weapon against Floyd is the Ariza Blend. Mystery ****tail wonderdrink is no joke.
What would you say are in Pacquiaos drink?
Kush is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #20
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
Well his chances do decline when time goes by, I say make the big money fight next when he still has a chance, its a great legacy opportunity as well.

if the fight is close a rematch is available as well, arum has to get pac in with floyd asap.
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #21
TheChamp83
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn,New York
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

This I Do Believe this want the Fight in 2013..Floyd will be around 36?? if I'm Correct!!!!...
They will try to Mosley Floyd!!..hahahah...MANNY TEAN PAC..T.R.. And his D!ck Holder/Cumm Guzzler "Sunnn"!! Knows this!!!!!
TheChamp83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #22
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
ring age is more important where pacquiao is older, has many fights and wars and the style not suited for longetivity. pacquiao has been slipping since the margarito fight and has peaked in the cotto fight. floyd taking his long vacations and his safety first style has preserved him well.
At least there is one honest pactard out there. The Cotto-Pac was him at his best.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #23
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SBA
Posts: 20,130
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
Well his chances do decline when time goes by, I say make the big money fight next when he still has a chance, its a great legacy opportunity as well.
I believe Floyd opens up a cut around emmanuel's infamous scar tissued right eye area which will spill emmanuel's blood into his own eye. It'll be either the ref or emmanuel's corner who stops it.
Leon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #24
Samski313
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,243
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Lets take it one step at a time. First we have to get Pacquiao to step in the ring with Floyd! Those guys dont want to fight Floyd. Espn has to keep the pressure on team Pac or them guys will figjt Jmm or Bradley next......
Samski313 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #25
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I feel you, but Pacquiao is a very good fighter. I talk a lot of crap about him, but he's a good fighter. There's always that little thing in the back of my mind that Pac could catch Floyd because of the slowed reflexes and punch resistance and win, when in his prime he wouldn't have been caught.

Ortiz caught Floyd in this clip, but a prime Floyd could have slipped this easily
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Even a past it Floyd always positions himself not to get hit with a shot full force. If that was Pac those shots would not even get that close b/c of his height and reach. And Floyd is standing "flat footed" in front of Ortrees.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #26
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,334
vCash: 400
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty View Post
Even a past it Floyd always positions himself not to get hit with a shot full force. If that was Pac those shots would not even get that close b/c of his height and reach. And Floyd is standing "flat footed" in front of Ortrees.
you make a good point. Even past prime. Floyd is still very good, but I was just pointing out that a younger version wouldn't have been touched
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #27
lefe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahapoisu View Post

It does. You body changes. You get slower. You have less power. Reflexes fade.
Todays fighters prime is different then in the past.It's much latter.We are not in the 60's,70's when fighters didn't know what to eat,how to not overtrained,medicine is better,they not have 300 fights as professionals.Latest scientist research proved that men brain react fastest at 39 years of age so I don't see fighters losses reflexes since 40 years of age.Hunger and motivation is main problem for Pac and Floyd not age.I just watched fight between De La Hoya and Hopkins and Emanuel Stewart said at one moment that 40 years old Bernard Hopkins has reflexes like 31 years old De La Hoya.If reflexes is fade so quickly after age of 32,33 how hopkins had reflexes like De La hoya.Less power at 35 years of age-I don't think so.There are big diference between fighter who gets old and who lost motivation and if you are long time at the top it's hard to be motivated like in younger days.Also punishment that fighter took is very important,if your brain is damaged than you can't have great reflexes and cordination.40 years Ali was for example brain damaged and he was done as fighter because he had many hard fights,and 47 years old Bernard Hopkins looks great at 47 and still can be at top level because he is still hungry,discipline and never took big punishment in the ring.So I don't see age problem between Pac and Floyd.Floyd is only 34 and in today boxing It can be prime age for fighter.
lefe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #28
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,334
vCash: 400
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefe View Post
Todays fighters prime is different then in the past.It's much latter.We are not in the 60's,70's when fighters didn't know what to eat,how to not overtrained,medicine is better,they not have 300 fights as professionals.Latest scientist research proved that men brain react fastest at 39 years of age so I don't see fighters losses reflexes since 40 years of age.Hunger and motivation is main problem for Pac and Floyd not age.I just watched fight between De La Hoya and Hopkins and Emanuel Stewart said at one moment that 40 years old Bernard Hopkins has reflexes like 31 years old De La Hoya.If reflexes is fade so quickly after age of 32,33 how hopkins had reflexes like De La hoya.Less power at 35 years of age-I don't think so.There are big diference between fighter who gets old and who lost motivation and if you are long time at the top it's hard to be motivated like in younger days.Also punishment that fighter took is very important,if your brain is damaged than you can't have great reflexes and cordination.40 years Ali was for example brain damaged and he was done as fighter because he had many hard fights,and 47 years old Bernard Hopkins looks great at 47 and still can be at top level because he is still hungry,discipline and never took big punishment in the ring.So I don't see age problem between Pac and Floyd.Floyd is only 34 and in today boxing It can be prime age for fighter.
with all due respect, this post was awful unless I'm missing something
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #29
Outboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

I was surprised at how people were impressed by Mayweather's performance against Ortiz. I thought Mayweather didn't look as good as usual, to be honest. He was missing more than I've seen in the past, and there was a small decline in the fluidity of his movements and the sharpness of his punches. He looked much better against Mosley (minus that second round). That being said, he still looks pretty good, and I would still favour him to outbox Pac. He also still has that great straight right hand, which will be a key weapon for the Pac match.

I just think he should have taken the fight ages ago, though. The longer he leaves it, the riskier it gets.
Outboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #30
lefe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pac's only weapon against Floyd is his age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
with all due respect, this post was awful unless I'm missing something
Yes you do.Bernard Hopkins,Sergio Martinez,Vitali Klitschko,Antonio Tarver,Cornelius Bundrage,Juan Manuel Marquez...Take a look at ratings top 25 at boxrec at each weight classes and how many fighters are over 35.This is not coincidence,this is the fact.
lefe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013