Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #16
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Assassin View Post
To be fair was he still that Prime ATG Barrera or The end of the career Barrera?????
The Barrera that beat JMM after losing to Pacquaio is an awesome fighter.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #17
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
don't take Mayweather's statement literally. I support him but not everything he says makes sense. Especially when he compares himself beating heavyweights to what Pacquiao has done
I am in Shock! "I support him but not everything he says makes sense."
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 12:16 AM   #18
Count Pacula
Cashweight Thrillionaire
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
...then why did Pacquiao win his first world championship at age 19 but it took Mayweather until age 21 to win his?

In fact, Pacquiao was a two-division world champion with six title defenses before he turned 25 years old.

That's an "ordinary" fighter?

I am sure Mayweather is basing his claims on Pac's overall skills back then and not his resume. Winning a title isn't necessarily a jaw-dropping feat. Hence the term, "paper champ." I think the key, in Mayweather's eyes, is Pac's meteoric rise going from a struggle against Marquez to demolishing Diaz, DLH, Hatton, Cotto, and so on. I could be wrong but in the lower weights MP never destroyed guys in the manner in which he stopped Hatton.

I happen to think it's more about tailor made opponents than Pac's explosive power. But some people are questioning how MP suddenly achieved more power and speed and I don't think that's too crazy. The fact that Pac once turned down random blood tests doesn't help his case. A lot of questions including PED involvement will be answered once the mega fight is established and completed.
Count Pacula is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #19
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Quote:
Don't worry, you are not worth making a tread entirely dedicated to you.

I am just wondering why the moderators deleted that thread. I was enjoying owning all of you bitches.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 12:20 AM   #20
caneman
100% AllNatural Xylocaine
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombieguy View Post
Because with 17 weight divisions and 5 organizations getting a gift title does not mean a thing. Factor in the interim, diamond, super champions as well as the catchweight crap and Roid's 8 division titles don't mean shit.
Well with that logic, Pac's record will be broken by many in no time.

caneman is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #21
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post
Don't worry, you are not worth making a tread entirely dedicated to you.

I am just wondering why the moderators deleted that thread. I was enjoying owning all of you bitches.
what thread
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 01:58 AM   #22
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Pacula View Post
I am sure Mayweather is basing his claims on Pac's overall skills back then and not his resume. Winning a title isn't necessarily a jaw-dropping feat. Hence the term, "paper champ." I think the key, in Mayweather's eyes, is Pac's meteoric rise going from a struggle against Marquez to demolishing Diaz, DLH, Hatton, Cotto, and so on. I could be wrong but in the lower weights MP never destroyed guys in the manner in which he stopped Hatton.

I happen to think it's more about tailor made opponents than Pac's explosive power. But some people are questioning how MP suddenly achieved more power and speed and I don't think that's too crazy. The fact that Pac once turned down random blood tests doesn't help his case. A lot of questions including PED involvement will be answered once the mega fight is established and completed.
Paper champ? After beating Barrera he was a 2 weight division lineal champ. That's about as un-paper as you can get.

And yes, he did demolish guys at the lower weights. A good testament to his power at the lower weights is the fact that to drop his opponents (and he dropped them a lot) he didn't need to land one of those "right on the button, didn't see it coming punches". He just needed to land a straight left and you would go down.

Seriously, this myth that he is just as strong a puncher now or even stronger than he was at 130 and below has got to stop. He was Manny "the Destroyer" Pacquiao back then, and rightly so. I remember back then, people were worried he didin't have the stamina to go he full 12 because he always ended fights early. He was faster and stronger back then. (stronger in a P4P sense obviously)

Last edited by Ringnut; 11-29-2011 at 03:12 AM.
Ringnut is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 02:59 AM   #23
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

I hope Pac/Roach's plan has worked, but we will see...............I will not hold my breath, esp. if Void catches on........................

Let Void fight Vitali or Vlad next, since he claims to beat all the heavyweights, Hell, I would pay to see that................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #24
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

I hope Floyd/Roger's plan has worked, but we will see...............I will not hold my breath, esp. if Roid catches on........................

Let Roid fight Sergio next, since he claims to beat all the records, Hell, I would pay to see that................
Old 11-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #25
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
...then why did Pacquiao win his first world championship at age 19 but it took Mayweather until age 21 to win his?

In fact, Pacquiao was a two-division world champion with six title defenses before he turned 25 years old.

this is normal for the mayweathers to say stupid things and people are suppose to give them pass since they are the mayweathers.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #26
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:

Pacquiao was knocked out before and after he won his first world title so in essence Floyd was correct.
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #27
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
this is normal for the mayweathers to say stupid things and people are suppose to give them pass since they are the mayweathers.
are you foreal?

What would happen if Floyd had this interview?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCa1-X7ey5Y[/ame]

or what would happen if Floyd turned down the fight because he didn't want to be weakened by a drug test that he and his opponent will take
Old 11-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #28
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Pacula View Post

have you seen the julio or the lucero fights? do you know his first nickname before pacman when he was not yet known in the west? his ****ing nickname is "the destroyer".
Old 11-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #29
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
are you foreal?

What would happen if Floyd had this interview?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

or what would happen if Floyd turned down the fight because he didn't want to be weakened by a drug test that he and his opponent will take
well floyd has worst video which was a video of himself saying stupid racist shits while saying that he has "no urge" to fight. but i won't post it since we all know it already and you guys refuse to acknowledge that it exist.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #30
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Hmm, known Mayweather critics have resorted to picking apart meaningless statements from Mayweather. I wonder why?
It's really all they have left.
Pimp C is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum