Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #31
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringnut View Post
Paper champ? After beating Barrera he was a 2 weight division lineal champ. That's about as un-paper as you can get.

And yes, he did demolish guys at the lower weights. A good testament to his power at the lower weights is the fact that to drop his opponents (and he dropped them a lot) he didn't need to land one of those "right on the button, didn't see it coming punches". He just needed to land a straight left and you would go down.

Seriously, this myth that he is just as strong a puncher now or even stronger than he was at 130 and below has got to stop. He was Manny "the Destroyer" Pacquiao back then, and rightly so. I remember back then, people were worried he didin't have the stamina to go he full 12 because he always ended fights early. He was faster and stronger back then. (stronger in a P4P sense obviously)
shit i missed this post. these new guys (joyboys) who only have noticed pacquiao just now when he was seen as a threat to floyd, never knew about these info about pac and they would tend to parrot things that floyd will say.

he stopped almost all of his opponents at 122 except for the dirty as **** agapito sanchez (rip).
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #32
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,334
vCash: 400
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
well floyd has worst video which was a video of himself saying stupid racist shits while saying that he has "no urge" to fight. but i won't post it since we all know it already a d you guys refuse to acknowledge that it exist.
and guess what? Floyd was crucified in the media for it and had to make an apology video. Pacquiao never gets that treatment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDYD3TLBoXM[/ame]
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #33
Samski313
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,243
vCash: 500
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
It's really all they have left.
158 days and counting til the end of it all
Samski313 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #34
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 1343
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

The funny thing is that Flomos believe that too.

Gayweather is a little dense but Fomos just continuosly expose theirs.
pejevan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #35
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,681
vCash: 500
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Hmm, known Mayweather critics have resorted to picking apart meaningless statements from Mayweather. I wonder why?
Ever since Pacquiao was knocked out twice, floored by a Hussein jab and almost kod, roughed up by Sanchez, beaten by Morales, and looked ordinary against Marquez, Pacquiaos fans have been trying to legitimize Pacquiao as the greatest fighter ever. These same dicks constantly talk about Floyd because in their mind, Floyd takes away from Pacquiaos ring immortality.
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #36
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
and guess what? Floyd was crucified in the media for it and had to make an apology video. Pacquiao never gets that treatment

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
he apologized for the racist rant and rightfully so but he never acknowledged stalling the figth when he took his long vacation. even floyd fans won't acknowledge that his vacation delayed the fight and would just mention that pac did not agree to take the test.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #37
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,334
vCash: 400
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
he apologized for the racist rant and rightfully so but he never acknowledged stalling the figth when he took his long vacation. even floyd fans won't acknowledge that his vacation delayed the fight and would just mention that pac did not agree to take the test.
Yes his vacation stalled the fight and the media has got on him for that. That's what I'm talking about right now. That pac can do certain things without getting criticized, that Floyd would get crapped on for. And yes he was crapped on for going on vacation.

Let me add that Pac didn't agree to the tests then anyways, so there was never going to be a fight then
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #38
Duck Dodgers
Kimbo #1 P4P
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 1535
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipdatass View Post
Ever since Pacquiao was knocked out twice, floored by a Hussein jab and almost kod, roughed up by Sanchez, beaten by Morales, and looked ordinary against Marquez, Pacquiaos fans have been trying to legitimize Pacquiao as the greatest fighter ever. These same dicks constantly talk about Floyd because in their mind, Floyd takes away from Pacquiaos ring immortality.
Ordinary fighters get knocked the **** out by Marquez.
Duck Dodgers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #39
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Yes his vacation stalled the fight and the media has got on him for that. That's what I'm talking about right now. That pac can do certain things without getting criticized, that Floyd would get crapped on for. And yes he was crapped on for going on vacation.

Let me add that Pac didn't agree to the tests then anyways, so there was never going to be a fight then

how did you know this? pac clearly said that they agreed to it. are you basing it off with what koncz had said that theya greed to 7 days cut-off? wel, if that's true, it's a better concession to make the fight than to go on a vacation right?

just like it's better that pacquiao had sent koncz to mayweather's gym now to talk of a possible fight than floyd negotiating on twitter and on his favorite site fighthype?
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #40
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post

and guess what? Floyd was crucified in the media for it and had to make an apology video. Pacquiao never gets that treatment

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I guess then the question becomes:

When did Pacquiao make an apparently racist rant video?

I mean, you don't have to apologize for things you don't do.
paulfv is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #41
hough17
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

i really wish they would just fight already.
hough17 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #42
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,639
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
...then why did Pacquiao win his first world championship at age 19 but it took Mayweather until age 21 to win his?

In fact, Pacquiao was a two-division world champion with six title defenses before he turned 25 years old.

That's an "ordinary" fighter?

really good, means top10 p4p.
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #43
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,334
vCash: 400
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
how did you know this? pac clearly said that they agreed to it. are you basing it off with what koncz had said that theya greed to 7 days cut-off? wel, if that's true, it's a better concession to make the fight than to go on a vacation right?

just like it's better that pacquiao had sent koncz to mayweather's gym now to talk of a possible fight than floyd negotiating on twitter and on his favorite site fighthype?
I know you aren't implying that Pacquiao agreed to the full random blood and urine tests last summer. i surely hope not. If you beleive that then there's no hope for this conversation
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #44
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringnut View Post

Paper champ? After beating Barrera he was a 2 weight division lineal champ. That's about as un-paper as you can get.

And yes, he did demolish guys at the lower weights. A good testament to his power at the lower weights is the fact that to drop his opponents (and he dropped them a lot) he didn't need to land one of those "right on the button, didn't see it coming punches". He just needed to land a straight left and you would go down.

Seriously, this myth that he is just as strong a puncher now or even stronger than he was at 130 and below has got to stop. He was Manny "the Destroyer" Pacquiao back then, and rightly so. I remember back then, people were worried he didin't have the stamina to go he full 12 because he always ended fights early. He was faster and stronger back then. (stronger in a P4P sense obviously)
He annihilated guys at the lower weights.

Go watch the videos; most of them are up on YouTube.

I would particularly recommend the following bouts (all of these fights, or key portions of them, are available on YouTube). All of these fights were scheduled 12-rounders (title fights), and all are Pacquiao stoppage victories:

* Pac vs Chockvivat (Chockvivat was 34-2 when Pac faced him. Pac was 19 years old in this fight. 112 lbs)

* Pac vs Sasakul (Sasakul was 33-1 when Pac faced him, and had never been stopped. Pac was nearly 20 years old in this fight. 112 lbs)

* Pac vs Jamili (Jamili was 41-5 when Pac faced him. Pac was 21 years old in this fight. Pac's first fight at 122 lbs)

* Pac vs Chae (Chae was 23-0 when Pac faced him. Pac was 21 years old in this fight. 122 lbs)

* Pac vs Sakmuangklang (Sakmuangklang was 41-3 when Pac faced him. Pac was 22 years old in this fight. 122 lbs)

* Pac begins to work with Freddie Roach before Ledwaba fight

* Pac vs Ledwaba (Ledwaba was 33-1-1 when Pac faced him. Ledwaba was the overwhelming favorite, and on a 23-win streak. Pac was 22 years old in this fight. 122 lbs)

* Pac vs JE Julio (Julio was 44-3 when Pac faced him, and had never been stopped. Pac was 23 years old in this fight. 122 lbs)

* Pac vs Rakkiatgym (Rakkiatgym was 37-2 when Pac faced him. Pac was 23 years old in this fight. 122 lbs)

* Pac vs Lucero (Lucero was 21-0-1 when Pac faced him. Pac was 24 years old in this fight. 122 lbs)

* Pac vs Barrera (#1) (Barrera was 57-3 when Pac faced him, and had never been stopped. Barrera was the lineal and Ring Magazine title holder at this time. Pac was 24 years old in this fight. 126 lbs)

From Pacquiao's Wikipedia entry ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) on the Barrera I fight and it's aftermath:

Quote:
On November 15, 2003, Pacquiao faced Marco Antonio Barrera at the Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas, in a fight that many consider to have defined his career. Pacquiao, who was fighting at featherweight for the first time, brought his power with him and defeated Barrera via technical knockout in the eleventh round and won the Lineal & The Ring featherweight title, making him the first Filipino and Asian to become a three-division world champion, a fighter who won world titles in three different weight divisions.
So, I was wrong in my first post in the thread: Pacquiao wasn't a two-division champion before the age of 25, he was a three-division champion, as well as the first Asian boxer to accomplish that feat in the history of the sport.

Additionally, as shown in the above fight citations, Pacquiao is a boxer who started his career at 106 lbs but who had carried his power up from 108 lbs through five new divisions (112, 115, 118, 122, 126) before the age of 25. That is anything but "ordinary," yet this is the time in Pacquiao's career that Mayweather says he was an "ordinary" fighter.

Taken all together, and with the above data, Mayweather's statement goes from silly to moronic.

Pacquiao has always had destructive power, and has carried it up to new divisions from the beginning of his career. What has been seen recently, then, in the Filipino's progression is part of a larger pattern that is around 15 or so years old. That is, Pre-Roach, Pre-Ariza, etc.

The only thing "remarkable" about Pacquiao keeping his power as he has moved up in weight is how consistently he has done so since he started out at 106 lbs.

Last edited by paulfv; 11-29-2011 at 01:39 PM.
paulfv is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #45
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,202
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, If Mayweather Says Pacquiao Didn't Become Really Good Until Like 25 Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Yes his vacation stalled the fight and the media has got on him for that. That's what I'm talking about right now. That pac can do certain things without getting criticized, that Floyd would get crapped on for. And yes he was crapped on for going on vacation.

Let me add that Pac didn't agree to the tests then anyways, so there was never going to be a fight then
While we are being picky. Have you stopped calling it OSDTing?
boxon123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013