Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2011, 05:45 AM   #16
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,625
vCash: 0
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Adamek's a cool guy
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #17
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,179
vCash: 1171
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
c class? who's b class?
Haye is b-class, Povetkin arguably too. Other than that, nobody. I'd even include fit Solis, but I would get a lot of abuse for that so I leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
You have talent for hyperbole.
Oh, you think so? Feel free to disagree with me then on my statement that [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

He is the epitome of an overmatched Klit victim.
Faerun is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #18
JN43
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

how can he show his face again after running like a bitch against Quitali.
JN43 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #19
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 75
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Haye is b-class, Povetkin arguably too. Other than that, nobody. I'd even include fit Solis, but I would get a lot of abuse for that so I leave it at that.



Oh, you think so? Feel free to disagree with me then on my statement that [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

He is the epitome of an overmatched Klit victim.


You are over stretching by a mile. For starters Solis was starched in a single round, Briggs was sent to the hospital and scores of others before were brutally knocked out without winning a single round. Adamek was not even down, took his beating like a man and never quit. Haye quit from round 1, running away and intentionally lunging to the canvas in an epic bitch move to get points. Name just one single thing Haye has done as a HW which puts him above Adamek. Just one. Please don`t say winning the belt, because we all saw the manner in which he won that and what he did to earn that title shot in the first place (beating Monte Barret). Fact is Adamek has done at least as much as Haye, had one year less to do it and had fewer opportunities presented on a silver platter.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #20
Antsu
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 1347
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
You are over stretching by a mile. For starters Solis was starched in a single round, Briggs was sent to the hospital and scores of others before were brutally knocked out without winning a single round. Adamek was not even down, took his beating like a man and never quit. Haye quit from round 1, running away and intentionally lunging to the canvas in an epic bitch move to get points. Name just one single thing Haye has done as a HW which puts him above Adamek. Just one. Please don`t say winning the belt, because we all saw the manner in which he won that.
Antsu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 AM   #21
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 75
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antsu View Post
Replies from the peanut gallary. James Toney, making a mockery out of himself and the sport one fight and one interview at a time.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:47 AM   #22
Assa
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cheshire, England, UK
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Wont get a meaningful title at HW. Should drop back down to CW.
Assa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #23
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 75
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assa View Post
Wont get a meaningful title at HW. Should drop back down to CW.
How can you be so certain. He still has a strong fan base in Jersey and there are intriguing match ups that can be made with him. HBO is already interested in Adamek-Arreola II, meaning the winner would be set up for another title shot, which I don`t like but thats HBOs logic.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:58 AM   #24
Antsu
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 1347
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
How can you be so certain.
Because guy can’t beat top heavy’s. He has no power. None.
His workrate is only thing going for him, but it isn’t enough against any of the title holders. Wlad would KO him in six rounds and Povetkin would embarrass him with clear UD or late TKO.
Antsu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #25
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 75
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antsu View Post
Because guy cant beat top heavys. He has no power. None.
His workrate is only thing going for him but it isnt enough against any of the title holders. Wlad would KO him in six rounds and Povetkin would embarras him same way Vitali did.

Wlad would likely not stop Adamek faster than Vitali. We all know Vitali is more agressive and in his fight with Adamek his power punching started earlier than usual. As for Povetkin, let`s not forget this dude has regressed in the last two years and was struggling pretty hard with Chambers, so your prognostication makes no sense. If Adamek had zero power as you say, why is it that someone like Arreola couldn`t just walk him down and stop him. Adamek has some power at this weight, just not enough to stop most top fighters, but enough to make em notice and keep them off him. With Vitali he fought like an idiot, there`s a lot of room for him to do better.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #26
Antsu
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 1347
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Wlad would likely not stop Adamek faster than Vitali. We all know Vitali is more agressive and in his fight with Adamek his power punching started earlier than usual.
He is too open and Wlads straight power shot would KO him clean with the way he fought against Vitali.
Vitali started power punching faster than usual because Adamek had nothing to worry him. He could barely land shots and when he did he couldn’t hurt Vitlay at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
As for Povetkin, let`s not forget this dude has regressed in the last two years and was struggling pretty hard with Chambers, so your prognostication makes no sense.
Povetkin beat Chagaev in summer its better win than any of Adameks HW career. I don’t think he has regressed at all. He looked awkward couple of fights because he was changing his style and trying new things.
He pulled it together in the title fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
If Adamek had zero power as you say, why is it that someone like Arreola couldn`t just walk him down and stop him. Adamek has some power at this weight, just not enough to stop most top fighters, but enough to make em notice and keep them off him.
Yeah well of course he has some power. But not enough to make any difference against guy I mentioned.


Plus If we look how both of us have predicted first Adamek HW title fight, I got it exactly right months before the match.
You predicted Adameks UD victory.
Antsu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #27
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombieguy View Post
Featherfists Adamek returns to cause mild discomfort to his latest opponent for 12 rounds of WORKRATE~!

This is what boxing fans have been waiting for.
!
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #28
Thomas!!
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Seriously,though.Heavyweight.fights.Adamek.can.make.and.be.interesting.in,if.not.win.:Chambers,Dimit renko,Chagaev,Liakhovich,Sosnowski,for.an.all.Pole.show,which.he's.near-certain.to.win.

It's.not.that.bad.for.him.at.heavyweight,honestly..Even.though.I.agree.he'd.be.better.at.cruiser,bec ause.he.could.potentially.defeat.anyone.with.a.title.there.
why you put dots in between every word
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #29
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,179
vCash: 1171
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
You are over stretching by a mile. For starters Solis was starched in a single round,
You're aware of the controversy that fight aroused, aren't you? Solis did more damage in two and a half minutes to Vitali than Adamek in 10. 10 Rounds, that is.

Quote:
Briggs was sent to the hospital
Because the maniac referee didn't stop the fight and neither did his corner. Adamek didn't perform better in any way but was spared a clinic stay because the ref waved it off.

Quote:
and scores of others before were brutally knocked out without winning a single round. Adamek was not even down, took his beating like a man and never quit.
Your first sentence sounds a lot like Adamek only that he looked even worse than the usual Klit opponent. And if my memory serves me right Vitali's first right hand that landed rocked Adamek so bad he fell into the ropes (could've been ruled a KD but wasn't. Vitali even motivated him to get up quickly) only to get properly knocked down in round 6.

You guys tend to overrated bravery or rather misinterpret blocking punches with your face with something remarkable. I don't give credit for that useless crap when the overall performance is pathetic.

Quote:
Haye quit from round 1, running away and intentionally lunging to the canvas in an epic bitch move to get points. Name just one single thing Haye has done as a HW which puts him above Adamek. Just one. Please don`t say winning the belt, because we all saw the manner in which he won that and what he did to earn that title shot in the first place (beating Monte Barret). Fact is Adamek has done at least as much as Haye, had one year less to do it and had fewer opportunities presented on a silver platter.
Unlike Adamek, Haye is no warrior with tons of heart or pride, no need to argue about that, but he is significantly more talented, slick, fast and harder-hitting. Technique and boxing-wise Adamek has nothing on him and was exposed as an overachiever.
Haye beat Valuev without breaking a sweat and even managed to chicken dance him in round 12 with ONE shot - no wearing down, no excessive body work prior to that, not too much exhaustion on Valuev's side due to terribly slow fight pace - one freaking left hook and Valuev was all over the place. That's some serious power. And as to "the manner" Haye won the fight. Well, some had Valuev winning which I find ridiculous. Granted, Haye threw shockingly little and hence didn't have many power shots landed at the end of the night but Valuev didn't hit shit. I shit you not, I don't recall a single power punch that fat bastard landed and I'v seen the fight twice now (once live, once on YT). You can't win a fight like that and Haye apparently knew that little efford would make him emerge victorious so why not compliment Haye for his ring smarts for a change?
The Valuev win combined with the stoppage of Ruiz (only the second boxer to ever stop him) and the fact that he fared significantly better against the younger, prime and currently superior brother (even delivered the hardest shot of the night vs. Wlad) makes him B-Level and Adamek C. If you can't stop McBride and get in trouble vs. shot, super-thin glass chinned Grant and obese Arreola, you ain't B-level.

That said, Haye beats Adamek at HW and CW.
Faerun is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #30
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,179
vCash: 1171
Default Re: Adamek back in early 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombieguy View Post
Featherfists Adamek returns to cause mild discomfort to his latest opponent for 12 rounds of WORKRATE~!

This is what boxing fans have been waiting for.
Faerun is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013