Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #46
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather Video: I gave boxing my whole life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
what was the point in posting that? we all know he didnt duck the c fighter and cheater the whole situation goes back to arum
Arum is your only excuse.

Shut up kid.
CoDer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #47
whoupicking?
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
So a 2007 fight with a past-prime Oscar (all be it at a higher weight and a pretty decent win I admit), automatically justifies his decision to not stick around in 2008 and 2009 against those welterweights Iíve mentioned? Welterweights, by the way, that were more dangerous than that Oscar. And likewise, a fight against JMM in late 2009, makes it ok, too?

The point Iím making, is that his decision to go into retirement prevented him from being involved with the best welterweights in those two years. Letís exclude 2007, because to be fair, he fought Oscar and Hatton Ė two brilliant wins. Now, what he did before and after that competitive period (2008 and 2009), doesnít change the fact that he had a slate of nothingness in there. You canít tell me that, say for example, beating Marg and Cotto in 2008, and then Mosley in 2009 (immediately after he destroyed Marg) would not have done more for his legacy than a win over a JMM. To simply it for you, this is what weíre comparing....

- 2008-2009 Ė wins over Marg, Cotto and Mosley (and possibly Williams if one of them werenít available)
- 2008-2009 Ė a win over JMM.

Tell me, honestly, which path you, as a Floyd fan, would have preferred for him to have taken?

It was quiet clear mayweather didn't want anything to do with bob arum, the bad blood has lasted a lifetime, you pac fans call it ducking, I see it as resentment for bob arum and the company he runs top rank.

The difference is floyd has a win over JMM at WW, the same JMM years later who took on the p4p number 1 fighter and fighter of the decade at WW and to the majority of observers won that fight. Floyd win over JMM overtime will be looked at in a more favourable light.

As for mosley he fought mosley after mosley came off a victory against margarito, yes mosley was scheduled to beat the breaks off of berto, but that fight didn't happen and floyd stepped in and gave mosley a boxing lesson.

The years floyd took off is his right, he has suffered from brittle hands and exhaustion and had spoke about retirement way before the baldomir fight. The fact that today he still fighting on is a bonus, the fact that today he is calling out the fighter of the decade and the p4p number 1 is even more of a bonus for a guy who achieved a hell of a lot in his unblemished career.

whoupicking? is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #48
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Floyd looks baked as ****
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #49
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoupicking? View Post
It was quiet clear mayweather didn't want anything to do with bob arum, the bad blood has lasted a lifetime, you pac fans call it ducking, I see it as resentment for bob arum and the company he runs top rank.

The difference is floyd has a win over JMM at WW, the same JMM years later who took on the p4p number 1 fighter and fighter of the decade at WW and to the majority of observers won that fight. Floyd win over JMM overtime will be looked at in a more favourable light.

As for mosley he fought mosley after mosley came off a victory against margarito, yes mosley was scheduled to beat the breaks off of berto, but that fight didn't happen and floyd stepped in and gave mosley a boxing lesson.

The years floyd took off is his right, he has suffered from brittle hands and exhaustion and had spoke about retirement way before the baldomir fight. The fact that today he still fighting on is a bonus, the fact that today he is calling out the fighter of the decade and the p4p number 1 is even more of a bonus for a guy who achieved a hell of a lot in his unblemished career.

making excuses for a man who doesn't know you exist

disgusting

if floyd raped your mother would it be your mothers fault for being a slut?
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #50
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp83 View Post
Says the Sand Negga
are you his fathers gay lover?

you like the dark chocolate meat?
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #51
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Quote:
You mean like oscar del la hoya at jmw

Are you dumb?
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #52
c4pacfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
he aint duck or dodge no one. He will be remembered as on of the atg believe that

thats what you want to believe. look back and you will find out who he ducked.
c4pacfan is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #53
EnterTheDragon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Somebody said KFC Jr.

EnterTheDragon is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #54
anthbrown
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:

right, because anyone who thinks mayweather ducked them guys MUST be a pactard right?? give me a break

i like mayweather and pac equally and he clearly ducked the best division, at its best, while he was in it... the only way out - ''retire''
anthbrown is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #55
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Sleep View Post
Margarito was a nobody as far as a big name in 2007 when Floyd's 1st retirement. He was a tough fighter but beating him would have proved nor did nothing for his career. Rememebr at the time of his retirement, Floyd had just participated in 2 of the biggest non heavyweight PPV fights ever (ODLH & Hatton). Paul Williams, again was a nobody as far as a big name as well. He lost to Quitana (though he did avenge the lost)

I do agree with Cotto though, that would have been a big win for resume and PPV numbers.

Realize that we are fans. Though I teach boxing, I am not a professional and at this point have not worked with a professional. When you get to the level of Floyd (even when he retired) it becomes more of a focus on the business than just fighting who the general public think you should fight. It's ironic but with the exception of the Judah fight, all of his fights as a welter, have been against champions and/or P4P fighters coming off victories.

All in all though, it seems as if people bring up these names b/c it makes them feel better about hating on Floyd, b/c their imiganiation of him having problems with these fighters, makes them feel better about not liking him. Real Talk.
good point!
sunnn is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #56
Plaster...Sad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunitoJab View Post
Whether they were badass to beat him or not isn't the point, the point is that he didn't fight them at the time.
THIS is the only point to be made.

He did NOT fight them and how THAT weakened the throne of champion as well as the sport of boxing.

We want champs that fight everybody. Especially when the public is screaming for the fight to be made as was the case with Cotto V Floyd and even Marg V Floyd and Now for the past year at least, Pac V Floyd. To instead fight Baldomir and Gatti is a tragedy.
Plaster...Sad is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum