Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #16
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if Bob Arum told Mayweather "Here's a date and a venue. Sign the contract!"

May 5th is the biggest day for PPV, you just need a few solid mexican fighters on the under card (Smart). MGM can Generate the largest gate in vegas if not the country (also smart). SO really why would Arum or Pac complain?
JASPER is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #17
Indio-Bandido
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: What if Bob Arum told Mayweather "Here's a date and a venue. Sign the contract!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jso416 View Post
You getting all defensive shows you were butt hurt about my post. To answer your questionNo I wouldn't listen to Arum if he were running his mouth through the media, same way I wouldn't listen to Floyd. If either is serious about negotiating a fight they'd both STFU n quietly get it done. I just don't get how Flomo's can be so gullible as to believe every word Floyd says.. Guess that's why they're "Flomos"

im not a flomo. i like pacquiao just as much if not more than floyd. his fights are usually more exciting. anways, pacquiao doesnt need anyone other than roach. why the hell is he still with arum? u talked about role reversal in your post. i think as a man, floyd would listen more to pacquiao. i know i would. arum's just a slimly middle man. your logic was flawed. nobody likes arum.
Indio-Bandido is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #18
jso416
F U Nutthuggers!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCityBully View Post
How would I know what Floyd would say?

I dont know him personally and I cant read minds.

But that wasnt the original question. You just asked what we would say.

Im still trying to figure out what people find wrong with May 5th, specifically, and the MGM Grand, specifically.
What's wrong is that u can't take it serious. It takes 2 sides to negotiate a mega fight like this. I'm guessing Floyd would probably say Arum is full of shit and they never negotiated a date or venue.
jso416 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #19
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by compukiller View Post
Richard Schaefer contacted Arum and was told by the Weinstein that Arum is not interested in making this fight.
Why can't Arum personally tell Schaefer that he's not interested when in fact Schaefer contacted him?

How come it was Weinstein who told Schaefer that Arum isn't interested?

And now Arum sent Koncz to try to explore things.

Something's off with Schaefer.
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #20
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

so now a mediator is a good reference of truth but when greenburg of HBO was mediating and trying to negotiate the fight before, he was a liar and ellerbe and schaefer were telling the truth?
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #21
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
so now a mediator is a good reference of truth but when greenburg of HBO was mediating and trying to negotiate the fight before, he was a liar and ellerbe and schaefer were telling the truth?
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #22
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
Go back to Arum's countdown.

FYI. None of Floyd's team bothered pushing this fight to Arum now. Instead Arum sent Koncz just to see Floyd.

Did Floyd's team even bother doing that shit? NO

Instead Floyd was all over floydhype and twitter.
Coder this is why no one takes you serious. Youre one of the last pacturds. Bob's agenda was Margarito. It's exposed that Bob never wanted the fight. Why would Ariza lie about this? Youre already forgeting facts. Milk time is over. Time to pay the piper and deal with reality douche bag. Go disappear like your other fellow pacturds . Oh BTW cudos for changing you avy to appear youre not a troll.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #23
jso416
F U Nutthuggers!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indio-Bandido View Post
im not a flomo. i like pacquiao just as much if not more than floyd. his fights are usually more exciting. anways, pacquiao doesnt need anyone other than roach. why the hell is he still with arum? u talked about role reversal in your post. i think as a man, floyd would listen more to pacquiao. i know i would. arum's just a slimly middle man. your logic was flawed. nobody likes arum.
I'm sure his family likes him... Whether people like him or not has nothing to do with the logic of my post.. Personally I think all promoters are all about squeezing every last penny out of their fighters. I'm not even a Pacquaio fan. My allegiance is to the sport of boxing. This thing between Mayweather and Pacquiao has gotten silly and juvenile and it's to the point where they all need to be called out on their bullshit.
jso416 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #24
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
Coder this is why no one takes you serious. Youre one of the last pacturds. Bob's agenda was Margarito. It's exposed that Bob never wanted the fight. Why would Ariza lie about this? Youre already forgeting facts. Milk time is over. Time to pay the piper and deal with reality douche bag. Go disappear like your other fellow pacturds . Oh BTW cudos for changing you avy to appear youre not a troll.
margo was not even licensed that time. if arum was not so serious back then, floyd should have answered arum and call his bluff (if he was really bluffing as you floyd fans think). but instead, floyd took his vacation reasoning that he has "no urge" to fight, when according to an HBO mediator in greenburg and even oscar of GBP that the fight was "close to being made".
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #25
jso416
F U Nutthuggers!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
Why can't Arum personally tell Schaefer that he's not interested when in fact Schaefer contacted him?

How come it was Weinstein who told Schaefer that Arum isn't interested?

And now Arum sent Koncz to try to explore things.

Something's off with Schaefer.
Shaefer is pissed that Arum is trying to by pass him lol. I thought his rant was hilarious
jso416 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #26
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
Margarito my ass. Nobody from Floyd camp even bother entertained Arum's clock work kid.

Gawd kid you're avy is a dead give away that you're a troll.
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #27
danieljenkins
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Floyds the draw that's what people forget, enough of this shit we should just not talk about it until they have there 1st press conference
danieljenkins is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #28
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljenkins View Post
Floyds the draw that's what people forget, enough of this shit we should just not talk about it until they have there 1st press conference
So he can bitch all he wants?
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #29
jso416
F U Nutthuggers!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljenkins View Post
Manny isn't Victor Ortiz LOL.. Even without Mayweather he is a huge draw.
jso416 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #30
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 719

Mayweather would take offense like last time when Arum set a countdown.

However, the real question is, who cares?

We're not women who should give a shite about who's right or wrong or who's man's ego should be stroked more and not offended. I just want the fight to happen and if that means Floyd gets to feel big by calling the date and the venue then so be it. Make the fight.
dangerousity is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum