Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #46
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if Bob Arum told Mayweather "Here's a date and a venue. Sign the contract!"

Do people forget that Arum already did this in 2010?

But when Floyd does it, it's like "Oh, why is he doing this"?

Arum has alot of people blinded.
compukiller is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #47
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: What if Bob Arum told Mayweather "Here's a date and a venue. Sign the contract!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
leaving all the stupid name calling we always get on the general to one side, this is a rather interesting question. Personally, if Pac called Floyd out and said that the Dallas Stadium was avaliable for instance, i dont think Mayweather would agree to it.
Floyd will never agree to it.
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #48
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by compukiller View Post
Do people forget that Arum already did this in 2010?

But when Floyd does it, it's like "Oh, why is he doing this"?

Arum has alot of people blinded.
Did Floyd even bother responding to it?
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #49
MexicanMuscle
Mexican Powerhouse
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
TR and GBP has made a co-promotion before, mosley-margarito, mosley-cotto, pacquiao-marquez2, pac-barrrea2, pac-delahoya, pac-hatton, etc...

meanwhile can you tell us which non-GBP fighter has floyd fought in the last 5 years? we all know that arum and even pacquiao can tolerate inter-promotions fight.
Those fights were all way before GB decided to co-promote Floyd's fights.

We also all know how much Arum despises Floyd and vice versa. It has nothing to do with Pac. It is the bad blood between Floyd and Arum.
Why do you think Marquez and Mosley had to leave GB to fight Pac? Pac's last 5 fights have been in house as well so I don't get the criticism.

The fact is Arum acted like a little bitch when GB decided help Floyd out and things went sour between both promoters after that.
MexicanMuscle is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #50
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
leaving all the stupid name calling we always get on the general to one side, this is a rather interesting question. Personally, if Pac called Floyd out and said that the Dallas Stadium was avaliable for instance, i dont think Mayweather would agree to it.
this.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #51
PBF11
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Cotto vs Margarito on Saturday!

Yeah baby!!

**** Floyd and **** Manny! Until this fight gets signed then there is no fight! Who really cares at this point anyway!

Cotto to beat the living shit out of Margo and get the stoppage within 10??

Who with me?
PBF11 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #52
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by jso416 View Post
Just wondering what people would say if the roles were reversed n Arum pulled the same b.s. stunts Mayweather n his team are trying to pull. IMO Floyd is trying to hard to win the public relations battle outside the ring and not trying hard enough to get into serious negotiations with TR n win the battle inside the ring. Stop talking n just get it done.
I could own you so bad right now, but I want this thread to gain a few pages first before I close it
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #53
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 967

Arum/Pacquiao simpily don't have the same barganing poision as Mayweather. Espically after the Marquez fight that many felt Marquez won.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #54
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jso416 View Post
Just wondering what people would say if the roles were reversed n Arum pulled the same b.s. stunts Mayweather n his team are trying to pull. IMO Floyd is trying to hard to win the public relations battle outside the ring and not trying hard enough to get into serious negotiations with TR n win the battle inside the ring. Stop talking n just get it done.
Didn't Arum do this to Floyd already?
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #55
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanMuscle View Post

We also all know how much Arum despises Floyd and vice versa. It has nothing to do with Pac. It is the bad blood between Floyd and Arum.
Why do you think Marquez and Mosley had to leave GB to fight Pac? Pac's last 5 fights have been in house as well so I don't get the criticism.

The fact is Arum acted like a little bitch when GB decided help Floyd out and things went sour between both promoters after that.
floyd can fight non-TR fighters if he hates arum that much. but it's clear that floyd prefers GBP fighters. a fight against williams can be easily made since they are both haymon fighters. also a fight against martinez can be made. but floyd fought GBP stable of line-ups since 2007 (for the past 5 years). and more prospect opponents are still GBP like khan, canelo and morales.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #56
Convicted_Felon
Certified Savage
ESB Full Member

I'm pretty sure that Floyd would not like that one bit. The thing about it is the way that Bob Arum has been in the media talking crazy about Manny's right hand and how Floyd's scared, so he gets a chance to put action behind the hype. At the end of the day the fight will end up at the MGM in May anyway. Last May Pac fought a black fighter [not a hispanic fighter] at the MGM on cinco de mayo weekend. Floyd made it that much easier for Bob by doing this. He knows when and where they fight so he did that legwork for them. If it's an easy fight where Floyd will get knocked out inside of 4 rounds then there shouldn't be any bitching. Just make it happen. Step up and show the world that it is what he says it is. I think it's a bunch of bullshit and making a thread like this makes me question whether or not Manny's fans really wanna see this fight. Floyd doesn't have the balls to face Pacquiao, or he's wrong for setting date and place? If he doesn't entertain the fight, he's a coward. When he does, its wrong too.
Convicted_Felon is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #57
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanMuscle View Post

You're speaking to an unobjective troll. Read his last 20 posts and ask yourself if he's worth talking boxing with. The fat **** is eating, dropping crumbs on his computer, and wacking off to Pacquiao and Buboy. He isn't even Filipino.

Last edited by Whipdatass; 11-30-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #58
tbp82
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think Mayweather would be going crazy saying this isn't right I'm the cash cow they don't disrepect me like that.
tbp82 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #59
MexicanMuscle
Mexican Powerhouse
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
floyd can fight non-TR fighters if he hates arum that much. but it's clear that floyd prefers GBP fighters. a fight against williams can be easily made since they are both haymon fighters. also a fight against martinez can be made. but floyd fought GBP stable of line-ups since 2007 (for the past 5 years). and more prospect opponents are still GBP like khan, canelo and morales.
The Williams fight lost it's possibility after he lost. Martinez is still the only viable option for him outside TR and Golden Boy. The fact is we all know both fighter and promoters are obsessed with money and have all stated that Martinez isn't a big enough draw. It's not just Floyd who has ignored Martinez.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #60
MexicanMuscle
Mexican Powerhouse
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipdatass View Post
You're speaking to an unobjective troll. Read his last 20 posts and ask yourself if he's worth talking boxing with. The get **** is eating, dropping crumbs on his computer, and wacking off to Pacquiao and Buboy. He isn't even Filipino.
I know, it just really pisses me off that people like this don't get banned for all their stupidity and pointless threads, so I continue to try and make them look foolish.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum