Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449
Default Povetkin Bowsell face to face. Povetkin training

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h6doph9_t4&feature=feedu"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h6doph9_t4&feature=feedu[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZAbBXyCEb0&feature=feedu"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZAbBXyCEb0&feature=feedu[/ame]

Povetkin should be carrying less fat than that I think. The weigh in should be interesting.
Manning is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Povetkin Bowsell face to face. Povetkin training

difficult fight for Povetkin, he's going to have problems with The Boz
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

vCash: 3457

Povetkin is a big disappointment for anyone who fought he was something fresh in HW. Guy is big (I mean look at his frame) has great skills, but his fights aren't exciting, he looks worse with every new fight.
That's a shame cause he has so much potential and talent. Unless he is fighting K2 or at least someone more dangerous I'm not that interested in him.

At least it's Boswell not Holy;P

Also I just got this feeling that this can turn out to be quite an interesting fight if Boswell decides to fgo for it and won't be overwhelmed by all this 'how good Povetkin is' talking
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Looking forward to this card, I expect both fights to be exciting. Maybe not competitive, but they should be good while they last. Povetkin and Helenius are big favorites but both opponents have alot to fight for and won't go down easy.
ludwig is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #5
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Povetkin is much better than Boswell and should have little to no difficulty.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 06:35 AM   #6
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post
I agree that he's more talented than Boswell, but I expected much more from someone who was supposed to dethrone the K brothers
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
Eric_Suede
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post

Huh? What fights are you guys watching? I got to admit i've only seen a couple of his fights so excuse me if I'm coming off as a hater but from the Fights i've seen, Povetkin seems VERY ORDINARY. Much like Calvin Brock was before the Wlad fight (Brock was undefeated at the time as well) I'm sorry I just don't see this talent. Maybe i'll be proven wrong this weekend but i'm leaning more towards the Boz on this one.
I'm trying to be fair here. Can someone refer a povetkin fight to me that he looked great in that would warrant you guys thinking that he's really the next big thing. I'm being serious I'm really trying to get an understanding of where the hype is coming from. Again maybe it was just the 2 fights i've seen him. He didn't really impress me. From those fights I feel comfortable writing this equation Povetkin = Brock = Good/decent (not great) HW.
Eric_Suede is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #8
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Suede View Post
Huh? What fights are you guys watching? I got to admit i've only seen a couple of his fights so excuse me if I'm coming off as a hater but from the Fights i've seen, Povetkin seems VERY ORDINARY. Much like Calvin Brock was before the Wlad fight (Brock was undefeated at the time as well) I'm sorry I just don't see this talent. Maybe i'll be proven wrong this weekend but i'm leaning more towards the Boz on this one.
I'm trying to be fair here. Can someone refer a povetkin fight to me that he looked great in that would warrant you guys thinking that he's really the next big thing. I'm being serious I'm really trying to get an understanding of where the hype is coming from. Again maybe it was just the 2 fights i've seen him. He didn't really impress me. From those fights I feel comfortable writing this equation Povetkin = Brock = Good/decent (not great) HW.
You don't get to be an Olympic gold medalist by being "very ordinary."

You don't get professional wins over Chris Byrd, Eddie Chambers, Ruslan Chagaev by being "very ordinary."

Teddy Atlas does not agree to train you when you are "very ordinary."

If nothing else, then Povetkin at leasts throws a hell of a lot more punches than Brock.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
Eric_Suede
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
You don't get to be an Olympic gold medalist by being "very ordinary."

You don't get professional wins over Chris Byrd, Eddie Chambers, Ruslan Chagaev by being "very ordinary."

Teddy Atlas does not agree to train you when you are "very ordinary."

If nothing else, then Povetkin at leasts throws a hell of a lot more punches than Brock.
Tyrell Biggs won a gold medal - Pro career? Ordinary

Teddy Atlas Trained Big Michael Grant? How would you describe Grant?

Chris byrd was shot plus he's Feather-fisted (Which seems to be povetkin's thing, I'd like to see him just once fight someone with power) We saw how much byrd had left fighting shaun george

Props for chambers win yet & still Chambers has little power.
Chagaev is also shot, Not a world beater at all. Hell in my opinion he lost to walker. Looked terrible in that fight.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to seem like i'm dumping on him ,I'm just not sold yet. I just don't understand why he's getting all these accolades as if he's the heir apparent or just a notch below the Klits. Again I personally think Boz it going to beat him. Can you refer me to a fight that he looked great in that you would say really demonstrates his potential to be great.

I'll just sum it up Until he fights someone who isn't feather-fisted , and really fights a live fighter Helenius,Arreola,Chisora, Hell even Tony Thompson. I mean someone where you can definitively say "Wow, Povetkin better bring his A-game or he's getting ko'd" Until then I'll reserve judgement before I get on the povetkin train. Again I'm not sure he even gets through this weekend. Not that I think Boz is a world beater But i've seen what Boz can do and I think he's going to give povetkin fits. Plus This is Boz's one & only shot. I'm sure he's ready to give it his all.
Eric_Suede is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Suede View Post
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMRHeFZJ1gs&list=FLLZY31efE6cfs4GtCrI9jhw&index=7&feature=plpp_video"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMRHeFZJ1gs&list=FLLZY31efE6cfs4GtCrI9jhw&index=7&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Look at his hand speed and combos here. Hopefully he gets back into this type of form with an active year coming up. Chagaev already with Boswell and Rahman lined up for the next 3 months. A fight with Klitschko will be massive then.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #11
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Look at his hand speed and combos here. Hopefully he gets back into this type of form with an active year coming up. Chagaev already with Boswell and Rahman lined up for the next 3 months. A fight with Klitschko will be massive then.
that proves nothing...he may have looked strong against that level competition, but hey, we don't see this speed and combos anymore. What about his fight with Chagaev...this guy doesn't have much heart for boxing left. still had enough to make Povetkin look very ordinary in their fight. Plus he rocked him

Maybe it's Atlas who fails here, maybe Alexander is not the one we thought he could be. I think those fights to come will give us an answer to that.

I don't think he will ever fight any Klitschko...he is young enough to wait until they retire, or until Wlad becomes old and decides to have this additional fight he shouldn't have taken. Otherwise I don't see him man up and face them nor anyone who would be considered too dangerous for him
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmora View Post
that proves nothing...he may have looked strong against that level competition, but hey, we don't see this speed and combos anymore. What about his fight with Chagaev...this guy doesn't have much heart for boxing left. still had enough to make Povetkin look very ordinary in their fight. Plus he rocked him

Maybe it's Atlas who fails here, maybe Alexander is not the one we thought he could be. I think those fights to come will give us an answer to that.

I don't think he will ever fight any Klitschko...he is young enough to wait until they retire, or until Wlad becomes old and decides to have this additional fight he shouldn't have taken. Otherwise I don't see him man up and face them nor anyone who would be considered too dangerous for him
Saturday should tell us a lot about where Povetkin really is. I think ring rust may have effected him somewhat against Chagaev, both fighters actually. Still, even that version of Chagaev is no bum and would still give anyone a decent test.

I don't think he can wait out the Klitschko's until they retire. With his style and size I think he is running on the same physical clock as Wlad anyway. Both will retire around the same time I believe, they will certainly decline around the same time. I don't see Povetkin being much of threat after he turns 35.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #13
shavers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Povetkin is the biggest disappointment in several years..
He has twice pussied out of fights with Wlad, plus has avoided big punchers throughout his career. The reason why did we see when chagaev had him on square street several times during their fight. Someone like helenius would bang him up and knock him out cold. in the same process retiring the russian . povetkin should have been banned from the good company after the way he acted during the time he was the no.1 challenger to wlads titel..A disgrace and a massive disappointment.
shavers is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
I don't think he can wait out the Klitschko's until they retire. With his style and size I think he is running on the same physical clock as Wlad anyway. Both will retire around the same time I believe, they will certainly decline around the same time. I don't see Povetkin being much of threat after he turns 35.
You maybe be right with this one. But what future does it mean for Povetkin? Is he going to duck Wlad forever and pretend he has the real belt? Make some 'title' defenses against guys like Rahman or Boswell? Hope not...

I know Chag is always a good test and win over him is sth not too be unappreciated. But I don't see young Tyson, Holy, Bowe, etc having trouble with him in that disposition. This fight proved me that his just not like those guys...not someone HW needs. Klits will annihilate him just like anybody else
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #15
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmora View Post
You maybe be right with this one. But what future does it mean for Povetkin? Is he going to duck Wlad forever and pretend he has the real belt? Make some 'title' defenses against guys like Rahman or Boswell? Hope not...

I know Chag is always a good test and win over him is sth not too be unappreciated. But I don't see young Tyson, Holy, Bowe, etc having trouble with him in that disposition. This fight proved me that his just not like those guys...not someone HW needs. Klits will annihilate him just like anybody else
I think when he was awarded the 'WBA regular' belt he was set a deadline where he was allowed to hold it and defend before fighting Wlad, which was 18 months. So I would guess Povetkin and his team are going to milk that belt as much as possible within that timeframe. Which is fair enough and I don't really mind, Chagaev, Boswell and Rahman within 9 months is pretty good for the division I think. I would guess he will have one more fight after those that he's a big favorite in (Someone like Liakovich) and then take on Wlad after that.
Manning is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum