boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #46
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,644
vCash: 500
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I'll reply to your whole post, but let me just get this out my system
Laughing at yourself? I know your idol better than u do.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #47
Conan
I AM THE DOCTOR
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fear and loathing...... In Las Vegas
Posts: 711
vCash: 873
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Floyd doesn't move his feet much anymore. He relies on his upper body movement and guard to frusterate fighters. He moves backward in angles when he is being pressured until he touches the ropes, stays there for a little bit, and then circles around to the middle of the ring.
Conan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #48
boxinger
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 684
vCash: 250
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
so the key to beating pac is to keep your guard down?
aggresive counterpunching, it will keep him at a distance which lowers his output, will make him think how to get in,
boxinger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #49
boxinger
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 684
vCash: 250
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
good movement and use of a jab is how you keep Manny at bay Not by throwing aggressive combinations.
Jabs wont keep him off, He countered JMMs jabs, what kept him off his JMMs aggresive counterpunching

Pac likes to go in attack and destroy type style, a jab wont keep him away the aggresive combo counterpunching does
boxinger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #50
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 619 Sunny SD
Posts: 18,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
Good movement is only half the equation, and Floyd lacks in that area anyway. As I've explained a 100 times Floyd is not an active mover. He has a habit of planting his feet and remaining stationary. He does this when he goes defensive. That doesn't help him against Pacquiao at all. What JMM does is constantly maintain distance, move laterally and shift to the side with Pac lunges in. Floyd doesn't move like that, he likes to go behind a shell with his feet planted and use his upperbody movement or block the shots.

Jabbing isn't necessary but it's useful against Pacquiao, but since when is Floyd the best or most consistent jabber out there anyway? I hardly saw any effective jabs against Ortiz. Floyd's jab to the head is sort of a flicking jab, not a strong jab. His jab to the body is his bread & butter and that's next to useless on a southpaw.

Aggressive combinations are important. What the hell do you think JMM is doing half the time he catches Manny lunging in? He's firing back his own combinations. One punch at a time won't beat Pacquiao. He can answer your one with 3 or 4 of his own. The reason to throw combiantions against Pacquiao is so if the first one misses the 2nd or 3rd will back him off while he tries to answer back with his own.

Clinching is not a smart tactic against pacquiao. That means you have to get in close to him and risk the chance of getting caught. Plus he can bounce out and get off on you. It's smarter to maintain distance and move away . JMM never clinched with Pac.
read the entire post-I suggest you go take actual boxing lessons at a gym

NONE OF THIS POST IS CORRECT BRO-IM NOT EVEN TAKLING $HIT.

YOUR ****YSIS IS LITERALLY WRONG-IM NOT DEBATING WITH YOU=

AND IN GYMS ACROSS THIS COUNTRY AND THE WORLD, FLOYD IS KNOWN FOR HIS GREAT MOVEMENT-

PLEASE DONT TALK ABOUT STUFF, "YOU" DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #51
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 619 Sunny SD
Posts: 18,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxinger View Post
Jabs wont keep him off, He countered JMMs jabs, what kept him off his JMMs aggresive counterpunching

Pac likes to go in attack and destroy type style, a jab wont keep him away the aggresive combo counterpunching does
ITS CALLED "TIMING AND INCHES"..LANDING CLEAN EFFECTIVE PUNCHES WHILE MAKING YOUR OPPONENTS SWING AT AIR-

LMFAO-"AGRESSIVE COUNTER PUNCHING"

GO SAY THIS $HIT IN A GYM N YOU'LL GET LAUGHED OUT THE GYM
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #52
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,842
vCash: 75
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
Good movement is only half the equation, and Floyd lacks in that area anyway. As I've explained a 100 times Floyd is not an active mover. He has habit of planting his feet and remaining stationary. That doesn't help him against Pacquiao at all. Jabbing isn't necessary but it's useful against Pacquiao, but since when is Floyd the most consistent jabber out there anyway?

Aggressive combinations are important. What the hell do you think JMM is doing half the time he catches Manny lunging in? He's firing back his own combinations. One punch at a time won't beat Pacquiao. He can answer your one with 3 or 4 of his own. The reason to throw combiantions against Pacquiao is so if the first one misses the 2nd or 3rd backs him off while he tries to answer back with his own.

Clinching is not a smart tactic against pacquiao. That means you have to get in close to him and risk the chance of getting caught. It's smarter to maintain distance and move away . JMM never clinched with Pac.
Floyd will be more mobile vs Pac and he still has his ability to clinch Pac and tie him up. You don't have to jab vs pac, but it's very useful in establishing range vs him. When the gameplan calls for it, Floyd will jab a lot.
And Floyd can land 1-2 punches at a time because Pac's 3-4 punches returning won't land.

And clinching is very smart tactic vs Pac. Mosley did it with success. And you don't need to get close to him to do it, you just need him to get close to you (yes there's a difference). And he'd used it for defensive purposes like Lewis/Tyson
but he can use it for offensive reasons also
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
Laughing at yourself? I know your idol better than u do.
no the **** you don't. I don't think you ever have watched Floyd fight because you've said
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

click on each thing to find my example.

Last edited by bballchump11; 03-27-2012 at 08:31 PM.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #53
boxinger
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 684
vCash: 250
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
ITS CALLED "TIMING AND INCHES"..LANDING CLEAN EFFECTIVE PUNCHES WHILE MAKING YOUR OPPONENTS SWING AT AIR-

LMFAO-"AGRESSIVE COUNTER PUNCHING"

GO SAY THIS $HIT IN A GYM N YOU'LL GET LAUGHED OUT THE GYM
Pac is a mobile fighter, it will be difficult for him to land those clean effective one punch counters,

JMM was only able to land his shots when Pac went in, and he gets countered, but whenever JMM threw a jab it didnt do anything to Pac

when Floyd starts throwing single lead rights or jab, it wont really disrupt pac, cause pac is mobile he can go in and out
boxinger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #54
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,681
vCash: 500
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

The Pacquiao ***gots call Floyd a non moving pot shotter. Hilarious. They have to convince themselves Pacquiao can win.
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #55
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,681
vCash: 500
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Pacquiaos flaws are so apparent that Floyd will toy with his ass at times. Pacquiao isn't experiencing cramps, he's lost his legs. He's a sitting duck for a guys who is fast, has a jab, and throws bodyshots. Pacquiao has no chance to win.

Last edited by Whipdatass; 12-01-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #56
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northeastern United States
Posts: 8,996
vCash: 500
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Floyd will be more mobile vs Pac and he still has his ability to clinch Pac and tie him up. You don't have to jab vs pac, but it's very useful in establishing range vs him. When the gameplan calls for it, Floyd will jab a lot.
And Floyd can land 1-2 punches at a time because Pac's 3-4 punches returning won't land.

And clinching is very smart tactic vs Pac. Mosley did it with success. And you don't need to get close to him to do it, you just need him to get close to you (yes there's a difference). And he'd used it for defensive purposes like Lewis/Tyson
but he can use it for offensive reasons also
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

no the **** you don't. I don't think you ever have watched Floyd fight because you've said
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

click on each thing to find my example.
Daayyyyuumm, this dude pulled out the LINKS!
thawk888 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #57
boxinger
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 684
vCash: 250
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipdatass View Post
The Pacquiao ***gots call Floyd a non moving pot shotter. Hilarious. They have to convince themselves Pacquiao can win.
he can only potshot with accuracy when he is standing still, his potshotting accuracy goes down once hes moving
boxinger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #58
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 619 Sunny SD
Posts: 18,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxinger View Post
Pac is a mobile fighter, it will be difficult for him to land those clean effective one punch counters,

JMM was only able to land his shots when Pac went in, and he gets countered, but whenever JMM threw a jab it didnt do anything to Pac

when Floyd starts throwing single lead rights or jab, it wont really disrupt pac, cause pac is mobile he can go in and out
Floyd's jab is much LONGER AND QUICKER THAN JMM-

Floyd PIVOTS BETTER THAN JMM-

Floyd will find his right hand lead landing more than he did on Ortiz or Shane

Single shots when Pac "runs in" (crosses feet) will be available to Floyd all night-
IF YOUR DEBATING THIS THEN I'M SURE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN IN A GYM-

Also, Pacquiao throws whats called "amatuer hooks"..HE LITERALLY LEAVES HIS FEET AND/OR HE WILL "REACH" with the hook-THIS LEAVES HIM OPEN TO 1-2 (JAB-RIGHT HAND) ALL NIGHT.

Floyd's length, size, better technical footwork, better counter punching ability than JMM, and his VERY COMPLICATED STYLE will give Pacquiao fits-

FLOYD SHOULD KNOCK MANNY OUT IN 7..MAYBE 8 ROUNDS-EASY FIGHT REALLY-Pac leaves himself exposed too much
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #59
stiga
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 827
vCash: 1000
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

fight fight
stiga is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #60
boxinger
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 684
vCash: 250
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
Floyd's jab is much LONGER AND QUICKER THAN JMM-

Floyd PIVOTS BETTER THAN JMM-

Floyd will find his right hand lead landing more than he did on Ortiz or Shane

Single shots when Pac "runs in" (crosses feet) will be available to Floyd all night-
IF YOUR DEBATING THIS THEN I'M SURE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN IN A GYM-

Also, Pacquiao throws whats called "amatuer hooks"..HE LITERALLY LEAVES HIS FEET AND/OR HE WILL "REACH" with the hook-THIS LEAVES HIM OPEN TO 1-2 (JAB-RIGHT HAND) ALL NIGHT.

Floyd's length, size, better technical footwork, better counter punching ability than JMM, and his VERY COMPLICATED STYLE will give Pacquiao fits-

FLOYD SHOULD KNOCK MANNY OUT IN 7..MAYBE 8 ROUNDS-EASY FIGHT REALLY-Pac leaves himself exposed too much
Ortiz just stood infront of Floyd after throwing a shot,

Pacquiao throws a shot then he backs out or move to the side to get away from the lead right

it will be harder for Floyd to throw his lead right with Pac

Single shots wont bother Pac unless the other guy has Power, Floyd doesnt have Power with this lead right single shots, youve seen the video, why does his opponents still stand infront of him after throwing lead rights at them? because theres no Power to it, it doesnt scare them and make them retreat,
boxinger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015