Old 12-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #46
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400
Default Re: [VIDEO] Reasons why Pacquiao will win against Floyd Mayweather Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post

He did that by using constant lateral movement, and switching angles (JMM formula). Floyd doesn't fight like that.

Yeah they do fool, do you know how JMM keeps Pac at bay? Half of it is lateral movement/distance, the other half is counter punching. JMM will constantly shift and move away from Pacquiao, wait for him to lunge in and then come back with his own punches. Floyd doesn't fight like that. Instead of maintaining distance, he likes to invite his opponent into the pocket. He plants his feet and goes behind a turtle shell basically. If you watch his fights with southpaws, he's actually leading most of the time, not countering.
good movement and use of a jab is how you keep Manny at bay Not by throwing aggressive combinations. Shit if that's the case, you'd think Pac would have been more cautious vs Margarito

And Floyd can clinch and tie Pacquiao up easily to slow him down. He doesn't need to fight exactly like Marquez did.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #47
Peabob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Video is just a pick and mix of Floyd taking punches from 10 years ago.
Peabob is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #48
boxinger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by xviiixvi View Post
Your own video discredited itself at the end....if this is how JMM fought and "won" against Pac, this is EXACTLY how Floyd is gonna beat Pac.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
/thread
Well Floyd doesnt counter aggresively, like JMM does,

he can incorporate the movement, but once Pac attacks, he goes into shell mode, which is different from JMM,

JMM was succesful and kept Pacs offense output low because of his aggresive counterpunching making Pac think a lot more whenever he attacked

Floyd has his own style of countering but not aggresive enough against Pac, plus going into shell mode would get him in trouble
boxinger is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #49
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxinger View Post
when Floyd puts his guard up and hangs around the ropes, it would make it easy for Pac to sneak his straight left inbetween the gloves,

ive seen him KO someone who had their gloves up and he sneak his straight left in even when theyre guarding

Floyd would be in trouble if he fights like that, and allow pac to attack while on guard, he seems to do it a lot,

JMM is succesful at keeping pac at a distance cause he never had his guard up

If you look at Pac previous fights where his opponents put their guard up, they end up getting beat up

the only time a fighter is succesful against pac is when they counter aggresively, but Floyd doesnt really have that

If Floyd does not fight aggresively, he will lose
so the key to beating pac is to keep your guard down?

but I agree that Floyd can be in danger on the ropes, and I hope he doesn't spend too much time there
But Floyd goes to the ropes when his opponent is big/strong enough to get him there (Oscar, Castillo, Ortiz), he wants to take a breather (Augustus, Chavez, N'Dou) or if he's hurt (Corley, Mosley, Judah)

And you keep pointing out random things Marquez would do (aggressive counterpucnhing) and assume that's why he was able to ______. I don't think you really know what you're talking about. I think you see that Pac is ineffective at something and then try to find something random that Marquez just happened to do and think that's what caused it
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #50
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
good movement and use of a jab is how you keep Manny at bay Not by throwing aggressive combinations. Shit if that's the case, you'd think Pac would have been more cautious vs Margarito

And Floyd can clinch and tie Pacquiao up easily to slow him down. He doesn't need to fight exactly like Marquez did.

Good movement is only half the equation, and Floyd lacks in that area anyway. As I've explained a 100 times Floyd is not an active mover. He has a habit of planting his feet and remaining stationary. He does this when he goes defensive. That doesn't help him against Pacquiao at all. What JMM does is constantly maintain distance, move laterally and shift to the side with Pac lunges in. Floyd doesn't move like that, he likes to go behind a shell with his feet planted and use his upperbody movement or block the shots.

Jabbing isn't necessary but it's useful against Pacquiao, but since when is Floyd the best or most consistent jabber out there anyway? I hardly saw any effective jabs against Ortiz. Floyd's jab to the head is sort of a flicking jab, not a strong jab. His jab to the body is his bread & butter and that's next to useless on a southpaw.

Aggressive combinations are important. What the hell do you think JMM is doing half the time he catches Manny lunging in? He's firing back his own combinations. One punch at a time won't beat Pacquiao. He can answer your one with 3 or 4 of his own. The reason to throw combiantions against Pacquiao is so if the first one misses the 2nd or 3rd will back him off while he tries to answer back with his own.

Clinching is not a smart tactic against pacquiao. That means you have to get in close to him and risk the chance of getting caught. Plus he can bounce out and get off on you. It's smarter to maintain distance and move away . JMM never clinched with Pac.

Last edited by Gander Tasco; 12-01-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #51
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco;11415972[B
]Good movement is half the equation, and Floyd lacks in that area anyway.[/b]
I'll reply to your whole post, but let me just get this out my system
Old 12-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #52
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'll reply to your whole post, but let me just get this out my system
Laughing at yourself? I know your idol better than u do.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #53
Conan
I AM THE DOCTOR
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 873

Floyd doesn't move his feet much anymore. He relies on his upper body movement and guard to frusterate fighters. He moves backward in angles when he is being pressured until he touches the ropes, stays there for a little bit, and then circles around to the middle of the ring.
Conan is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #54
boxinger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
so the key to beating pac is to keep your guard down?
aggresive counterpunching, it will keep him at a distance which lowers his output, will make him think how to get in,
boxinger is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #55
boxinger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
good movement and use of a jab is how you keep Manny at bay Not by throwing aggressive combinations.
Jabs wont keep him off, He countered JMMs jabs, what kept him off his JMMs aggresive counterpunching

Pac likes to go in attack and destroy type style, a jab wont keep him away the aggresive combo counterpunching does
boxinger is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #56
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Quote:
Good movement is only half the equation, and Floyd lacks in that area anyway. As I've explained a 100 times Floyd is not an active mover. He has a habit of planting his feet and remaining stationary. He does this when he goes defensive. That doesn't help him against Pacquiao at all. What JMM does is constantly maintain distance, move laterally and shift to the side with Pac lunges in. Floyd doesn't move like that, he likes to go behind a shell with his feet planted and use his upperbody movement or block the shots.

Jabbing isn't necessary but it's useful against Pacquiao, but since when is Floyd the best or most consistent jabber out there anyway? I hardly saw any effective jabs against Ortiz. Floyd's jab to the head is sort of a flicking jab, not a strong jab. His jab to the body is his bread & butter and that's next to useless on a southpaw.

Aggressive combinations are important. What the hell do you think JMM is doing half the time he catches Manny lunging in? He's firing back his own combinations. One punch at a time won't beat Pacquiao. He can answer your one with 3 or 4 of his own. The reason to throw combiantions against Pacquiao is so if the first one misses the 2nd or 3rd will back him off while he tries to answer back with his own.

Clinching is not a smart tactic against pacquiao. That means you have to get in close to him and risk the chance of getting caught. Plus he can bounce out and get off on you. It's smarter to maintain distance and move away . JMM never clinched with Pac.
read the entire post-I suggest you go take actual boxing lessons at a gym

NONE OF THIS POST IS CORRECT BRO-IM NOT EVEN TAKLING $HIT.

YOUR ANALYSIS IS LITERALLY WRONG-IM NOT DEBATING WITH YOU=

AND IN GYMS ACROSS THIS COUNTRY AND THE WORLD, FLOYD IS KNOWN FOR HIS GREAT MOVEMENT-

PLEASE DONT TALK ABOUT STUFF, "YOU" DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #57
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxinger View Post
Jabs wont keep him off, He countered JMMs jabs, what kept him off his JMMs aggresive counterpunching

Pac likes to go in attack and destroy type style, a jab wont keep him away the aggresive combo counterpunching does
ITS CALLED "TIMING AND INCHES"..LANDING CLEAN EFFECTIVE PUNCHES WHILE MAKING YOUR OPPONENTS SWING AT AIR-

LMFAO-"AGRESSIVE COUNTER PUNCHING"

GO SAY THIS $HIT IN A GYM N YOU'LL GET LAUGHED OUT THE GYM
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #58
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Good movement is only half the equation, and Floyd lacks in that area anyway. As I've explained a 100 times Floyd is not an active mover. He has habit of planting his feet and remaining stationary. That doesn't help him against Pacquiao at all. Jabbing isn't necessary but it's useful against Pacquiao, but since when is Floyd the most consistent jabber out there anyway?

Aggressive combinations are important. What the hell do you think JMM is doing half the time he catches Manny lunging in? He's firing back his own combinations. One punch at a time won't beat Pacquiao. He can answer your one with 3 or 4 of his own. The reason to throw combiantions against Pacquiao is so if the first one misses the 2nd or 3rd backs him off while he tries to answer back with his own.

Clinching is not a smart tactic against pacquiao. That means you have to get in close to him and risk the chance of getting caught. It's smarter to maintain distance and move away . JMM never clinched with Pac.
Floyd will be more mobile vs Pac and he still has his ability to clinch Pac and tie him up. You don't have to jab vs pac, but it's very useful in establishing range vs him. When the gameplan calls for it, Floyd will jab a lot.
And Floyd can land 1-2 punches at a time because Pac's 3-4 punches returning won't land.

And clinching is very smart tactic vs Pac. Mosley did it with success. And you don't need to get close to him to do it, you just need him to get close to you (yes there's a difference). And he'd used it for defensive purposes like Lewis/Tyson
but he can use it for offensive reasons also
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
Laughing at yourself? I know your idol better than u do.
no the **** you don't. I don't think you ever have watched Floyd fight because you've said

click on each thing to find my example.

Last edited by bballchump11; 03-27-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #59
boxinger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
ITS CALLED "TIMING AND INCHES"..LANDING CLEAN EFFECTIVE PUNCHES WHILE MAKING YOUR OPPONENTS SWING AT AIR-

LMFAO-"AGRESSIVE COUNTER PUNCHING"

GO SAY THIS $HIT IN A GYM N YOU'LL GET LAUGHED OUT THE GYM
Pac is a mobile fighter, it will be difficult for him to land those clean effective one punch counters,

JMM was only able to land his shots when Pac went in, and he gets countered, but whenever JMM threw a jab it didnt do anything to Pac

when Floyd starts throwing single lead rights or jab, it wont really disrupt pac, cause pac is mobile he can go in and out
boxinger is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #60
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The Pacquiao faggots call Floyd a non moving pot shotter. Hilarious. They have to convince themselves Pacquiao can win.
Whipdatass is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum