Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 12-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163
Default Felix Sturm Vs. Martin Murray fight breakdown.

There is also a copy in the General Boxing Forum. Just thought I'd post it in the Euro forum too since they are both from Europe it fits the criteria of the European forum.

----------------------------

2nd best middleweight ( Behind Sergio, Maybe Pirog ) Felix Sturm will face off with the hard hitting Martin Murray from the UK. Murray has fought some fairly good opponents but nobody like Sturm. Sturm is coming off a close fight with Ireland's Matthew Macklin that many thought the more active Macklin won, Sturm also has wins to Ronald Hearns and Sebastian Sylvester, Along with that he is well known for a shocking 2004 fight with Oscar De La Hoya, That was extremely close, It was givin to Oscar but many thought Sturm actually won. Murray hits hard but I don't think it will effect Sturm as much as it did to UK prospects like Nick Blackwell and Carlos Nascimento. We will see.

Felix Sturm ( 36-2-1 ):

Basics: Felix Sturm is a difficult fighter to face. Although he has only a few KO's he is powerful. He has this problem lately where he just lets rounds slip away though, Even against Ronald Hearns ( The can of a son that Tommy Hearns has ). I think he does well putting pressure on a fighter, Sturm isn't out to get a KO often, He usually is a smart boxer who picks his shots, In the De La Hoya fight he wasn't swinging often less effective shots like De La Hoya was, The 12th round of the De La Hoya fight, De La Hoya let his hands go, Sturm saw a break in his guard and then started punching, I thought he won that round by landing cleaner, Harder shots. Anyways another notable name on his resume is Irishman Matthew Macklin, In that bout, Sturm was trying to fight too smart at times, Barley took risks, Stayed in a shell while Macklin was landing combos he only landed a few jabs, No clue how he won, I thought he was badly outworked and lost by 1-2 pts. Anyways if he fights the way he did with Macklin with Murrray, Who hits very hard, Who knows .

Resume: Good. Oscar De La Hoya ( Close fight many thought Sturm was robbed ), Matthew Macklin, Ronald Hearns, Sebastian Sylvester ect.

Power: 7 out of 10. It doesn't hurt top middleweights like it did Dela Hoya, Who was smaller then Sturm.

Style: Boxer. Orthodox

Ranking: 2-3# Middleweight

----------------------------------

Martin Murray ( 23-0-0 ):

Basics: Very hard hitter. Got some decent Stoppage wins over fellow prospects Nick Blackwell and Carlos Nascimento but nothing great on his resume yet, But he is a young, Hungry, And talented prospect, And win or loose on Friday this fight could set up alot for him depending on how he performs.

Resume: Just a few other prospects Carlos Nascimento and Nick Blackwell

Power: 7 1/2 out of 10. Not against top guys yet, Can top guys take his power?

Style: Orthodox

Ranking: Top Middleweight Prospect.

------------------------------

I think Felix Sturm UD 12 ( 117-111, 117-112, 119-109 ). Murray is just too green. Think he gets outclassed over 12, We will see!
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Fitzgerald90
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 625
Default Re: Felix Sturm Vs. Martin Murray fight breakdown.

sturm won that fight no doubt and im from england
Fitzgerald90 is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
Fitzgerald90
Contender
ESB Senior Member

sturms jab won him the fight
Old 01-17-2012, 03:17 AM   #4
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1777

Yea, Sturm won it clearly and got robbed in his own backyard.
Cafe is online now  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #5
Fitzgerald90
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i think he beat macklin aswell in all honesty
Old 01-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
kk17
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1249

Sturm won the Murray fight but they robbed Gevor and Matthew Macklin here in germany so it was of some kind of justice
kk17 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
rocky1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1397

It was a close fight could have gone either way.
I did think however Macklin was robbed, I had him about 3 points up if I remember correctly.

Sturms a good fighter he just never seems to have any variety in his work and is too easily tagged with body shots.
rocky1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum