Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


View Poll Results: Superior chin...
Rampage Jackson 47 90.38%
Chuck Liddell 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #16
tri-pod
Balls
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In my fucking happy cave.
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 123
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Apart from the time he hung lifelessly from the ropes when Wandy was finished with him?
The fact that he was still alive after the ammount of knees Wandy nailed him with is amazing.

tri-pod is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #17
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

He ate deadly shots from Rua and Wandy
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #18
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Respectfully disagree with the highlighted part fella

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

But agree with the rest, the amount of knee's he ate was insane

Gotta give this to Page, Prime Chuck wasnt to far behind though. Watch the Pele fight, comparable to the punishment Page took v Wandy and Rua.
He's not out there dude. He was just laying on the ropes waiting for the ref to help him up.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #19
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The dirty dirty.
Posts: 5,376
vCash: 500
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Chuck had a great chin in his prime. He was known for it more than anything outside of his power. However, I'd still give the narrow edge to Rampage.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #20
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The dirty dirty.
Posts: 5,376
vCash: 500
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Rampage was rocked with punches by Wanderlei as well.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #21
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
Posts: 9,592
vCash: 85
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Rampage due to longetivity(he still has a great chin. Jones kinda toyed with him but gave him lethal shots. Rashad gave him some good shots too but not as much or as bad as Jones)

Maybe also due to his fights with Rua & Wanderlei in Pride and shots from Henderson. I think Chuck was never the same after that left hook from hell that Rampage gave him. Still put up a great fight against Wanderlei afterwards but not as good as he was pre-UFC 71. At least after his first defeat from Quinton he still had some of his career best performances(Ortiz 1 & 2, Couture 2 & 3). Actually Silva was his last win along with his last great performance post-UFC 71.

Quinton has the more legendary beard.
techks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #22
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 994
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Rampage if only due to longevity. The fact that that guy can still stand is beyond me. Those soccer kicks should have destroyed him.
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #23
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
I think Chuck was never the same after that left hook from hell that Rampage gave him.
Page dropped him with a right hook, and made him go limp for a moment with an elbow.

Rashad's overhand right from hell is what took away his ablity to take a hard shot.
afterglow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #24
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

look at the size of chucks chin compared to Rampages....it's like comparing a firefly to a bus. I think Page had the better of the two beards after watching his pride fights it's amazing he is still alive.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #25
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bujia View Post
Chuck had a great chin in his prime. He was known for it more than anything outside of his power. However, I'd still give the narrow edge to Rampage.
This is a fair enough assessment. I choose Chuck before Rampage due to the fact that he was never hurt by a punch in his prime as badly as Rampage was by Wanderlei's in their rematch AND the fact that he ate a full shin-on-Chin high kick from Pele, a blow that actually would have "KOed anybody", and he was completely unfazed by it. I can also understand selecting Rampage because even if he was stopped by strikes in his prime he did take hellacious beatings before it happened.

The main point to take from this is that Popkins is a ****ing fool for completely discrediting Chuck as an ATG Iron-Chinned Warrior.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #26
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
This is a fair enough assessment. I choose Chuck before Rampage due to the fact that he was never hurt by a punch in his prime as badly as Rampage was by Wanderlei's in their rematch AND the fact that he ate a full shin-on-Chin high kick from Pele, a blow that actually would have "KOed anybody", and he was completely unfazed by it. I can also understand selecting Rampage because even if he was stopped by strikes in his prime he did take hellacious beatings before it happened.

The main point to take from this is that Popkins is a ****ing fool for completely discrediting Chuck as an ATG Iron-Chinned Warrior.
Au contraire.

The people have spoken.

34-3.

You have been royally smoked.

Don't argue with me, argue with the poll score.

Another troll educated and regulated by a brutal combination of knowledge and logic.



Next.
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #27
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Rampage was knocked out several times in his prime, Chuck wasn't. Rampage never got kicked in the mouth with absolutely no repercussions, Chuck did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
That's cretinous logic, the kind we've all came to expect from a teenage chinchecking troglodyte such as yourself.

Rampage got knocked out in his prime because he was in Pride fighting prime versions of the most violent, vicious fighters on the planet. He got stopped twice by a peak Wanderlei Silva, who used some of the most nightmarish knees in history repeatedly to Page's skull. He got stopped by a peak Shogun Rua, who used soccer kicks to the ****ing face after horrible body punishment, knees and kicks. Wandy and Shogun at that time were ****ing monsters, anyone could've fallen to their ChuteBoxe ultraviolence, especially when hellacious kicks and knees to the face and skull were involved, that proves nothing whatsoever.

Chuck was in the UFC, which was a comparative kindergarten, defending takedown attempts from Tito Ortiz and getting smashed to a bloody pulp by Randy Couture. The very idea that Chuck's beard could've handled the blizzard of violence that was peak Pride versions of Shogun and Wandy is laughable.

And when they fought, Rampage beat the dogshit out of him once and then knocked him the **** out once. Rampage could handle Chuck's punches, Chuck couldn't handle Rampage's to anywhere near the same degree.

You're wrong. So wrong. So wrong.
The Chinchecker has been schooled in his own house.

A poll this emphatic doesn't lie. Talk to the poll you troll.
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #28
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Au contraire.

The people have spoken.

34-3.

You have been royally smoked.

Don't argue with me, argue with the poll score.

Another troll educated and regulated by a brutal combination of knowledge and logic.



Next.
Yes, they have spoken, and while the vast majority agree that Rampage has the superior Mandible nearly all of them have stated that it is indeed a close match because Chuck also had superlative Mandibular Fortitude. You have denied and denied and denied this is an effort to undermine my Punch Resistance Education efforts and it's been debunked. Now, kindly make a better Chins list or **** off.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #29
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,099
vCash: 588
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Just to be clear. I voted for Liddell by mistake, thinking the poll was about who had the WORSE chin. Even with my admittedly limited knowledge of MMA, I am well aware that Liddell's chief weakness was his questionable chin. This said, I should say that he's probably one of the few MMA fighters I really like, as he actually throws punches instead of rolling around on the ground most of the time.
Zakman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #30
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Better chin: Rampage Jackson or Chuck Liddell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Yes, they have spoken, and while the vast majority agree that Rampage has the superior Mandible nearly all of them have stated that it is indeed a close match because Chuck also had superlative Mandibular Fortitude. You have denied and denied and denied this is an effort to undermine my Punch Resistance Education efforts and it's been debunked. Now, kindly make a better Chins list or **** off.
If I went around trumpeting myself as a Chinchecker and then got absolutely brutalized 35-4 in a poll on the subject of Chinchecking by a non-Chinchecker, I'd be butthurt to **** as well!

Ouch.
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013