Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #61
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847
Default Re: Wait A Second: Did Mayweather Adviser Leonard Ellerbe Just Get Caught In A Huge L

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
No, it does not (assuming I'm an Arum apologist, which I'm not).

You know why?

Because I think Arum has Pac's best interests at heart.

Or, more so than any other player in this game. Perhaps with the exception of Roach. But Arum has more understanding of the larger picture than Roach does, I think, so Bob would better know how to look out for Pac's interests, I feel, than Roach would.

Look, I've said this before here: I admire what Team Floyd has done in stepping-up their PR work. It's been damn good. Damn good. Kudos to them for that. The operation has come a long way.

Uncle Bob loves Manny like a son. He would never let petty grievances, enmity, or greed guide his decisions. Never. Not in Bob's DNA.

paulfv -- you're too much! We need to save this one for posterity. Your willful naivete is so adorable!
conraddobler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #62
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wait A Second: Did Mayweather Adviser Leonard Ellerbe Just Get Caught In A Huge L

Quote:
Originally Posted by conraddobler View Post

Uncle Bob loves Manny like a son. He would never let petty grievances, enmity, or greed guide his decisions. Never. Not in Bob's DNA.

paulfv -- you're too much! We need to save this one for posterity. Your willful naivete is so adorable!

I believe what I'm saying.

Now, don't think there can't be a convergence between Arum's spite (or interests) and what is best for Pac Man. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #63
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Now, I'm not asserting that close-knit Mayweather adviser Leonard Ellerbe is a bald-face liar, but there is a story here that is being lost in all of the hub-bub of the latest Pacquiao-Mayweather apparent negotiations.

On November 27, 2011, Tim Smith of the New York Daily News wrote the following piece:

SOURCE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

In that piece, the now-famous trip by Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz to the Mayweather gym in Las Vegas was discussed. Here's what Ellerbe said at the time about that visit by Koncz:

Ok, so what Ellerbe is saying here is:

- Floyd had no idea who Koncz was
- Ellerbe had no idea why Koncz came to the gym that day

The implication in all of this was that, possibly, Team Mayweather and/or Team Pacquiao was going around Golden Boy Promotions (whom Mayweather often teams up with for fights) in order to try to make a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout.

Now, fast forward a day to November 28, 2011. The following piece was done by Ring Magazine:

In this article, the CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, Richard Schaefer, seems to be claiming that Arum is lying about supposedly meeting and negotiating with Team Mayweather.

The implication from Schaefer here appears to be that Arum is lying about potential negotiations/meetings taking place between Team Pac and Team Floyd. Which also means, by extension, that Schaefer isn't questioning -- or is accepting -- what Leonard Ellerbe says. That is, there was no particular reason why Michael Koncz showed up at the Mayweather gym, and Floyd doesn't even know who Koncz is.

Now, today's bombshell news.

The following comments are from a press release by the Falcon Hawk Entertainment group:

The meeting with Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Michael Koncz last November 23, 2011 at Floyd’s Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada, was indeed a successful breakthrough amidst the ongoing saga of speculations of Pacquiao and Mayweather fight.

Conversation between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Michael Koncz at the gym meeting was a confirmation by both camps to move forward with negotiations after Falcon Hawk Entertainment assured through its investors to work along side with Bob Arum’s Top Rank and Mayweather Promotions to bring the successful Welterweight Fight of the Century.

Wow. Wow.

Let's review what Ellerbe said above:

Based upon the press release by Falcon Hawk Entertainment, then, it sure looks like Ellerbe may have been lying when he apparently spoke the above words to Tim Smith of the New York Daily News.

Or, to put it more fairly, it sounds like either Ellerbe is lying or Falcon Hawk Entertainment is lying.

If the Falcon Hawk Entertainment version of events at the Mayweather gym on November 23, 2011 is accurate, then it sure sounds like Mayweather knew who Koncz was.

And it sure sounds as though Leonard Ellerbe would have known why Koncz was at the gym that day, unless Falcon Hawk Entertainment is more in-the-loop with Floyd Mayweather, Jr. than is Leonard Ellerbe.

This does not look so good from a Team Mayweather perspective, I think. Particularly as regards Golden Boy Promotions.

It's one thing for Bob Arum to supposedly try to go around Golden Boy. Though the two sides recently called a truce to their unofficial battle, there is not a lot of built-up good will towards one another, it would appear.

However, it is another thing entirely, I feel, for Team Mayweather to possibly try to cut-out Golden Boy, their frequent fight promotion partner. Or to potentially misrepresent alleged negotiations as being nonexistent when they may have, in fact, took place.

Get your popcorn ready, folks. I have a feeling this story is just getting started.

Though this might mean that Arum is being cut out as Pac wants to leave Arum
ricardinho is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #64
silkyjohnson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 100

this sounds like a non-story. some guy went to some other guy's gym. big deal.
silkyjohnson is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #65
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardinho View Post

Though this might mean that Arum is being cut out as Pac wants to leave Arum
That's an interesting thought. Though, I will say, many people feel that Koncz is loyal to Arum. Kind of "Arum's mole," if you will, in Team Pac.

Is that true?

I don't know.
paulfv is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum