Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
Anarchy99
Babalu will KILL You!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 441
Default I dont know what was wrong with Mayhem tonight...

Where was the Thai Clinch? The knees? True Mayhem has never been a technical striker but his Muay Thai is really above average.. His takedowns are more explosive and he is just an all around better fighter than shown tonight... Stamina and skill.
Anarchy99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2011, 02:52 AM   #2
unloco
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 81
Default Re: I dont know what was wrong with Mayhem tonight...

the count was on his game
unloco is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2011, 02:56 AM   #3
Anarchy99
Babalu will KILL You!
ESB Senior Member

True...and Mayhem was VERY much off his.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
thebrodstar
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

They both seemed really gassed, I don't know why. They weren't lazy in there but I have seen more action in other fights.
thebrodstar is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Bisping always looks gassed so **** knows what Goldie was on about with him having great stamina.

Mayhem looked more awful than his hair.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

I don't know if it was just me who thought Mayhem was off the entire season. He didn't seem as wacky as he usually is and when he'd have facedowns with Bisping and whatnot, he'd just look like a bitch and didn't have anything to come back with. And in the fight, his striking was just absolutely awful. Really disappointed for him.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Anarchy, you are without a doubt the shittiest judge of striking ability I've ever seen. "Above average Muay Thai"? Mayhem's striking, be it Muay Thai or boxing, is absolutely shitty and he looked like the bum he was last night because he can't wrestle either. You simply cannot say that a guy who, after missing with punches, flails a halfhearted backfist at his opponent is a good striker because that's what children who lace up boxing gloves for fun do. He has no balance, no concept of setting up offense, his jab looks like it's moving through jello, his kicks are awkward and weak, and his winging hooks looked like the work of a mongoloid who was just taught to punch. The only thing going for him is an above average Chin and that's not enough for the UFC. He should go back to hosting TV shows because he's going to be nothing but a heavy bag for any decent MW.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Anarchy, you are without a doubt the shittiest judge of striking ability I've ever seen. "Above average Muay Thai"? Mayhem's striking, be it Muay Thai or boxing, is absolutely shitty and he looked like the bum he was last night because he can't wrestle either. You simply cannot say that a guy who, after missing with punches, flails a halfhearted backfist at his opponent is a good striker because that's what children who lace up boxing gloves for fun do. He has no balance, no concept of setting up offense, his jab looks like it's moving through jello, his kicks are awkward and weak, and his winging hooks looked like the work of a mongoloid who was just taught to punch. The only thing going for him is an above average Chin and that's not enough for the UFC. He should go back to hosting TV shows because he's going to be nothing but a heavy bag for any decent MW.
To be fair, the 4 TUF finalists were more technical and better fighters than the coaches. Miller and Bisping? What can they offer really? All Bisping can do is defend TD's and get back to his feet pretty well. Miller is like some fighter from the past, a bit of JJ and that's about all he has. At one point he had Bisping semi mounted and had his legs trapped in a triangle hold and did absolutely **** all. Miller is an old 31 too, looks washed up to me. The TUF shows are obsessed with having grudge matches between the two coaches so they are really scraping the barrel with the level of coaching. I mean, Brock Lesnar probably had less fights that every contestant on the last season. WTF?
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #9
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

I haven't seen to many Mayhem fights but he looked atrocious. That striking of his was so amateur as well as his shoots.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #10
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Quote:
The only thing going for him is an above average Chin and that's not enough for the UFC. He should go back to hosting TV shows because he's going to be nothing but a heavy bag for any decent MW.
Talking all that shit while not knowing that Miller has "above average" BJJ/grappling and THAT's the main thing going for him makes you look just as silly as Anarchy.

Also, I think Miller looked as awful as he did is because the weight cut got to him. He looked dreadful at the weight ins.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf View Post
Talking all that shit while not knowing that Miller has "above average" BJJ/grappling and THAT's the main thing going for him makes you look just as silly as Anarchy.

Also, I think Miller looked as awful as he did is because the weight cut got to him. He looked dreadful at the weight ins.
I'm well aware that he's a good black belt. It doesn't count for shit when his wrestling sucks so bad that he can't get it to the mat. He looked dreadful because he's not much of a fighter, end of story.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

So much for Diaz ducking Miller.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
Anarchy99
Babalu will KILL You!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Not sure how to embed but obviously you have NOT seen ANY of Mayhem's fights.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_BHe41CV0[/ame]
Old 12-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #14
boxingwizard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mayhem was actually landing strikes with his sloppy stand-up in the first round. They weren't powerful, but it helped with his momentum in winning that first round. After that it was Mayhem fighting fatigue and Bisping.
boxingwizard is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #15
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Honestly... Mayhem even looked like his body was moving in a odd fashion when he was just trying to bounce on his toes. It was like he was made of cheap rubber or something. He looked odd physically, and fought horribly.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum