boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #16
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,169
vCash: 100
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Why would Belfort get another title shot? That's a stupid pick.

And it's stupid to cut either Mayhem or Cung Le. They can get another two fights out of them.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #17
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Mayhem vs Le is be a bad decision the UFC (and the fans) can only lose both are exciting and popular Dana should give them both a fight they can win
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #18
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,398
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
Why would Belfort get another title shot? That's a stupid pick.

And it's stupid to cut either Mayhem or Cung Le. They can get another two fights out of them.
Belfort would get another title shot if he smashes through a fellow top contender, Bisping. That's kind of how people earn title shots, by smashing other top contenders.

It's not stupid at all to cut a fat, old Cung or an exhausted, pathetic Mayhem if neither of them can improve by their next fight.
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #19
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,398
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotPunch View Post
Mayhem vs Le is be a bad decision the UFC (and the fans) can only lose both are exciting and popular Dana should give them both a fight they can win
Both looked like **** though, and another **** performance straight off the back of that could easily spell curtains.
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #20
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Eastern U.S.
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 1218
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Cung Le looked like ****? Are you talking about Cung or some other Le because I'm fairly positive we can't be thinking about the same fight.

I think we're on the same page with Miller, he did look like ****.
James23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #21
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,267
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Sonnen will be fighting Munoz on FOX 2
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #22
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,398
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
Cung Le looked like ****? Are you talking about Cung or some other Le because I'm fairly positive we can't be thinking about the same fight.

I think we're on the same page with Miller, he did look like ****.
Fat, gassing after a round, and becoming the 1st guy to get stopped by Wandy since Keith Jardine three and a half years ago...

How the **** is that not looking like ****?!
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #23
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,479
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
I think Wandy vs Bisping II would be a bit of a slap in the face for Bisping tbh. Wandy got decimated in 30secs by Leben and would probably have been cut had he lost to Cung. Bisping is now 4-0 in his last 4 and should be in the discussion for next title shot after Sonnen-Munoz winner gets his crack. A guy in the title picture shouldn't really be facing a guy who's just saved his ass.
A kick in the teeth , im sure he wouldnt be thinking that if he was headlining this fight in the UK do you ??? a winnable very marketable home town fight $$$ ..............

Bisping , is not and never will be title challenger worthy , he all but admitted this in his post fight interview , he'd grab Wanderlei 2 with both hands before having to face live opponent such as Belfort , Munoz , Sonnen , Belcher etc , all of whom would destroy him with ease
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #24
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,479
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
Why would Belfort get another title shot? That's a stupid pick.

And it's stupid to cut either Mayhem or Cung Le. They can get another two fights out of them.
Because incase you hadnt noticed , Belfort is a stand out in the division , and was actually looking sharper and crisper in the stand up exchanges with Silva until he (Silva) produced another memorable moment , as he tends to do !!!!

Belfort will fight for the title again as long as he avoids dominant wrestlers along the way
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #25
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Eastern U.S.
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 1218
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Fat, gassing after a round, and becoming the 1st guy to get stopped by Wandy since Keith Jardine three and a half years ago...

How the **** is that not looking like ****?!
While he was noticably more lethargic than he was in Round 1, he wasn't exactly gassed. By comparison it could look like this because of how active he was in the first round but gassed is definitely a stretch.

Fat is just a silly criteria, and I didn't think he looked that fat, if at all, so why you added this is something of a mystery.

So, someone losing to Wanderlei Silva is indicative of them looking like ****? That's just nonsense. Wanderlei still hits hard and a knee to the face is a knee to the face and if he connects soundly, which he did more than a few times, it could spell trouble for anyone.

I think you're confusing looking like **** with putting on a solid effort (technical and otherwise) and losing.

*Insert random emoticon I guess?*
James23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #26
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,398
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
While he was noticably more lethargic than he was in Round 1, he wasn't exactly gassed. By comparison it could look like this because of how active he was in the first round but gassed is definitely a stretch.

Fat is just a silly criteria, and I didn't think he looked that fat, if at all, so why you added this is something of a mystery.

So, someone losing to Wanderlei Silva is indicative of them looking like ****? That's just nonsense. Wanderlei still hits hard and a knee to the face is a knee to the face and if he connects soundly, which he did more than a few times, it could spell trouble for anyone.

I think you're confusing looking like **** with putting on a solid effort (technical and otherwise) and losing.

*Insert random emoticon I guess?*
Wandy hadn't stopped anyone since Keith Jardine three and a half years ago. Therefore, getting stopped by him at this stage in his career is a bit of a black mark for someone who was widely considered a top fighter. In fact, before meeting Cung, Wanderlei had only won 2 fights by stoppage in the last FIVE years. That's just a fact. This isn't prime Wandy who was capable of stopping anyone on his day, not at all. Wandy couldn't stop Bisping (Hendo did), couldn't stop Leben (Stann did), couldn't stop Franklin (Belfort did), couldn't stop Chuck (everyone did). Yet he stopped Cung. These are just facts. Wandy is borderline shot, and he still stopped Cung.

And I do definitely think Cung looked fat compared to the condition he used to turn up in:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #27
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Da Bafroom brah!
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

I think maybe Leben should face Stann.

Leben faced a guy who is known to be a good grappler. If he deserves a shot with Anderson, maybe he should face Stann.

Stann is going to need to put some fights together to get back into contention, Leben is a good starting point for him as well being Leben is the sort of guy who tends to take the fight where he wants it/ where the other guy is weak at because he is so well rounded/ mediocre at everything.

Both fighters have a lot to gain and a lot to lose in a fight like this.
Koa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #28
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Eastern U.S.
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 1218
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

MMAth doesn't suit you.

Just because a boxer has fallen out of their prime doesn't exactly mean he still can't knock you out. (Le wasn't even knocked out)

I am not saying that he looked great or even good but to say he looked like **** is an exaggeration. Perhaps he looked, "meh," or, "not great," those are perhaps more appropriate to the situation. Cung just tried to do his TKD **** against a MT expert (prime or no prime, Wanderlei isn't a rookie) and the power shots caught up to him (and his nose). Miller looked like absolute ****.

(As an aside...

Quote:
Wandy couldn't stop Bisping (Hendo did)
Really? You and I disagree sometimes but you tend to make coherent arguments, but because Hendo finished him therefore Le should have? Please, name someone else who has stopped him. He won an absolutely gifted fight against Hamill and maybe one or two questionable decisions but he isn't exactly someone who sticks his chin out/leaves his arm in.)
James23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #29
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,398
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
A kick in the teeth , im sure he wouldnt be thinking that if he was headlining this fight in the UK do you ??? a winnable very marketable home town fight $$$ ..............

Bisping , is not and never will be title challenger worthy , he all but admitted this in his post fight interview , he'd grab Wanderlei 2 with both hands before having to face live opponent such as Belfort , Munoz , Sonnen , Belcher etc , all of whom would destroy him with ease
You're wrong on this one mate:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Bisping is setting his sights higher. Shame for him that it's just been announced that his next fight is to be Demian Maia.
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #30
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,398
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bisping vs Belfort for a title shot, Mayhem vs Cung for loser gets cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
MMAth doesn't suit you.
Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
Just because a boxer has fallen out of their prime doesn't exactly mean he still can't knock you out. (Le wasn't even knocked out)
But when his knockouts dry up significantly, it (rather obviously I would have thought) becomes more of a black mark against you to be one of the rare people he is able to stop with strikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
I am not saying that he looked great or even good but to say he looked like **** is an exaggeration. Perhaps he looked, "meh," or, "not great," those are perhaps more appropriate to the situation. Cung just tried to do his TKD **** against a MT expert (prime or no prime, Wanderlei isn't a rookie) and the power shots caught up to him (and his nose). Miller looked like absolute ****.

(As an aside...
Well of course I agree that Cung looked better than Mayhem, who was complete ****, but I still think Cung's overall performance was bad. Maybe I had a more extreme reaction than most because I expected Cung to win by KO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
Really? You and I disagree sometimes but you tend to make coherent arguments, but because Hendo finished him therefore Le should have? Please, name someone else who has stopped him. He won an absolutely gifted fight against Hamill and maybe one or two questionable decisions but he isn't exactly someone who sticks his chin out/leaves his arm in.)
Try and follow the logic here:

- In Pride, Wanderlei was a better striker and more deadly finisher than Hendo was

- In my opinion, Bisping has relatively weak punch resistance

- Hendo KO'd Bisping on the feet with ease

- Yet Wanderlei couldn't

- Logical conclusion: Wanderlei is a far, far cry from the fighter he was in his prime


Really, really not difficult to follow at all mate.
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015