Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 12-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #31
David the
Fat Bastard
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck relinquishes WBO belt moves up to HW

I thought Huck was below average at best at CW anyone he fought could usually outjab him but why shouldnt he go to HW if he can bulk up ok he has power and who apart from the Klitschko brothers are going to outjab him .the HW division is void of decent jabbers its worth a try and with his style he will be more popular KOing at HW there easier to hit with his style at HW
David the is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 02:38 PM   #32
pirao666
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by David the View Post
I thought Huck was below average at best at CW anyone he fought could usually outjab him but why shouldnt he go to HW if he can bulk up ok he has power and who apart from the Klitschko brothers are going to outjab him .the HW division is void of decent jabbers its worth a try and with his style he will be more popular KOing at HW there easier to hit with his style at HW
Of course, how could we forget Huck has a great jab
pirao666 is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #33
Rick G
Casual Fan
ESB Jr Member

Default Nothing to loose

In contrast to some well known HW challengers Huck will come in well prepared and aggressive ... and he will bring a good show.
In boxing it is all about marketability.

Huck being a CW champion and now having a title fight at HW he gets the HW challenger status, which will improve his marketability even more. He is still young. HW's need some years until they are fully grown.
Rick G is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #34
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

vCash: 3457
Default Re: Nothing to loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
In contrast to some well known HW challengers Huck will come in well prepared and aggressive ... and he will bring a good show.
In boxing it is all about marketability.

Huck being a CW champion and now having a title fight at HW he gets the HW challenger status, which will improve his marketability even more. He is still young. HW's need some years until they are fully grown.
Definitely he will come aggressive. Well prepared?

I've heard that he plans to weight around 110kg. If that's true then with his 'style' he will be nothing more than a bleeding punchbag.

Even if his around 100kg...then what? He's not a boxer but a brawler. He won't bully anyone so he will be hit. Can he take those big punches?? Don't think so. Cunningham knocked him out and he's not a puncher at CW.

But yeah...his fight would be a good show He'll be ko'd or slugged and that kind of fights are always welcomed in boxing
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #35
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirao666 View Post
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #36
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

It should've been Lebedevs belt all along, Huck is not a great addition to the HW scene, he should of kept campaigning at CW.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #37
David the
Fat Bastard
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirao666 View Post
read the quote correctly please ,any HW outside the top three does not have a jab so wouldnt threaten Huck at all ,Huck has no jab but he does have power and speed and that could overcome any below the Klitschko brothers
The field is open for a fast powerful hitter in the HW ranks look how far CW Haye got
Huck may not win a title with the Klitschkos about but he can make some serious money force a showdown with top two
Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #38
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
read the quote correctly please ,any HW outside the top three does not have a jab so wouldnt threaten Huck at all ,Huck has no jab but he does have power and speed and that could overcome any below the Klitschko brothers
The field is open for a fast powerful hitter in the HW ranks look how far CW Haye got
Huck may not win a title with the Klitschkos about but he can make some serious money force a showdown with top two
Apart from Klitschkos:

Povetkin
Chambers
Adamek (he used it a lot at CW)
Ruslan Chagaev
Tony Thompson

Even Helenius, Wach or...let's say Grant would jab him to death.

Didn't mentioned everyone who has better jab. Just tried to cover Top 30

oh and don't compare Huck to Haye. What speed? He telegraphs shots. Power? He's just a bully at CW. Will he carry it to HW?
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #39
kk17
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1249

i think Monte Barrett vs Huck would be an even fight
kk17 is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #40
David the
Fat Bastard
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmora View Post
Apart from Klitschkos:

Povetkin
Chambers
Adamek (he used it a lot at CW)
Ruslan Chagaev
Tony Thompson

Even Helenius, Wach or...let's say Grant would jab him to death.

Didn't mentioned everyone who has better jab. Just tried to cover Top 30

oh and don't compare Huck to Haye. What speed? He telegraphs shots. Power? He's just a bully at CW. Will he carry it to HW?

Good points

Helenius would give him a good fight ,Lebedev jabbed him all night but somehow lost.Huck (Im not a fan) is box office in germany and is exiciting
The big question is as I said before can he bulk up if he can the likes of Chageav Adamek and Chambers would lose decisions to Huck in Germany they love aggresion in their fighters and he would win just on that
The link with Haye is speed HW outside the Klitschko ranked HW are in my opinion very slow
Old 01-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #41
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
if he can the likes of Chageav Adamek and Chambers would lose decisions to Huck in Germany they love aggresion in their fighters and he would win just on that
(...) outside the Klitschko ranked HW are in my opinion very slow
You're right. No matter how Huck will fight he will probably get decision in Germany. Still I believe that if Cunn outclassed him, Adamek or Chambers can too. Don't forget that Adamek does very well against heavies of his height. He was also waaaaay better CW champ. On neutral ground Hukic definitely loses. In Germany...well he lost to Lebedev and has 'W' in stats. So you're definitely right about this

Apart from K2, Haye current HW are indeed very slow. But Huck ain't that fast and gaining some extra pounds won't help him in this area.

But tbh I'm glad Huck moved up. I don't like how he is safely promoted at CW, how he gets robbery decisions and how he fouls all the time. Hope that at HW karma will reach him
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #42
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000

The most blatant cash-out in the history of boxing.

Savvy as a business move, but career suicide. If he really intends to keep winning and maintaining a fan base long-term, this is literally the dumbest thing he could have possibly done ("Hmm, look monstrous and better than I really am against the dregs of CW contention with plenty of Germans happily gobbling it down and screaming my name...or move up and get embarrassed and exposed in a non-competitive affair against the weakest titlist at HW where I don't belong...")

Hukic plans to retire at 34-2 with a full wallet.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #43
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
The most blatant cash-out in the history of boxing.

Savvy as a business move, but career suicide. If he really intends to keep winning and maintaining a fan base long-term, this is literally the dumbest thing he could have possibly done ("Hmm, look monstrous and better than I really am against the dregs of CW contention with plenty of Germans happily gobbling it down and screaming my name...or move up and get embarrassed and exposed in a non-competitive affair against the weakest titlist at HW where I don't belong...")

Hukic plans to retire at 34-2 with a full wallet.

But will he make his wallet full losing to Povetkin?

But I agree with you-a career suicide. Even if after 1-2 L's he comes back to CW and somehow (!) Sauerland still wants to make him a star his body will be destroyed after fast mass gain and then cutting down
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #44
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmora View Post

But will he make his wallet full losing to Povetkin?

But I agree with you-a career suicide. Even if after 1-2 L's he comes back to CW and somehow (!) Sauerland still wants to make him a star his body will be destroyed after fast mass gain and then cutting down

The weight gain/loss, AND the severe beatings. Don't forget about the severe beatings. Many and more flush brutal power shots from guys much bigger than him (and on average, not even slower) That's all Huck's style will earn him at HW, unless he seeks out the likes of Zuri Lawrence and Zack Page (and even they may give him boxing lessons and a slice of humble pie)
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #45
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

The weight gain/loss, AND the severe beatings. Don't forget about the severe beatings. Many and more flush brutal power shots from guys much bigger than him (and on average, not even slower) That's all Huck's style will earn him at HW, unless he seeks out the likes of Zuri Lawrence and Zack Page (and even they may give him boxing lessons and a slice of humble pie)
Right I promise I won't forget

Huck is nothing but a bully. I agree with you that once he loses chance to do that guys like those you mentioned can give him one bad night

He had just one advantage...just one- he was a bit stronger than his opponents. NOw they took it from him this can make some good German Christmas story at least;P
Zmora is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum